Frankenstorm, the return of the Nor Easters

DevilMinder

We just got power back in Point Pleasant tonight but looks like 75% are still out, I've never seen anything like this is all the years living here.<br /><br />Have not been able to find fuel for my truck yet.<br /><br />My moms house in the beach is trashed on the first floor, gonna take time but everyone is safe.<br /><br />Be well all.<br />Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Devlin

Power returned after 5 days without power. The wind was scary. I feel for the folks down the shore. The northern part of the state has been damaged by all the trees that fell, most uprooted, I never want to experience anything like that again. A nor'easter is predicted for next week. :evilcry:

What a day...started cutting drywall 3ft from the floor up to try and stop the moisture from expanding up in my moms house in Pt Beach and will start on my aunts house tomorrow (block away}, power has been on and off in point borough but so far so good.

Gonna allow some security personnel from NC to stay in my house since they are sleeping in trucks, no hotels are available around here.

Hope you are all safe and sound! Be well all.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Still without power down here in Matawan. We took like no damage near me whatsoever so it's kinda surprising that it hasn't come back yet. Going on 106 hours now.

Ive been very lucky. Power went out on Monday at 8pm as seems to be a similar story. I'm in Hudson county btw. I am stunned that it was back on by Tuesday night as none of my relatives in the state got power back until the last 24 hours. We had a lot of high winds but did not have to deal with the water issues so many dealt with. Many sections, major sections even, of the area are still without power. A lot of Jersey City is still out. Sections of Kennedy Blvd (if you know the area) are also out and the gas lines all over the place are completely f'in insane.

I have been working 12 hour shifts responding to this hurricane. Devastating and sad. I spent three days in Union Beach, a day in Highlands, Keansburg, and a day at Spring Lake. What some people went through in Highlands and Union Beach is unimaginable. We are helping them the best we can, supplementing the local police departments with extra bodies so they can get back to their own homes that have been destroyed also. Half of highlands PD lost their own personal houses, yet they came out to work to help their townspeople. That's what cops do.

People houses, total streets, have been decimated. Even giving someone a shoulder to cry on or a pat on the back, or an ear to listen helps them in the slightest of ways.

I'm getting tired of people bitching about no power when I've sen what I've seen.

Take it from me. Find out where and when donations are being accepted and help these people out in Monmouth and Ocean.

Gotta get to bed, we've been out there since Tuesday and we are going nonstop 12 hour shifts straight through next week.

Hopefully I can vote. !!

Peace everyone and be thankful for what you have.

I'm getting tired of people bitching about no power when I've sen what I've seen.

Seriously, I'm still without power too and it's frustrating whenever I get home and there's still no electricity, heat, or hot water, but I know people are working their asses off to get things back to normal and I'm glad I can at least rest easy knowing that once the power is restored my life is back to normal. I know a bunch of people who lost their cars. One of my friends just got a new job in California and he had to fly back to help his family because they lost their house. My mother works at a nursing home in Barnegat and three of her coworkers lost everything but haven't missed a day of work, meanwhile people are complaining about temporarily having no electricity.

Thanks to Leeds and anyone else that might read this who is working hard in the recovery effort. Today I saw a fleet of tree-cutting trucks from Ohio and my friend said the guys that restored power in his neighborhood were from Illinois. I wish there was a way we could thank all of these people for coming out here to help us out.

I have been working 12 hour shifts responding to this hurricane. Devastating and sad. I spent three days in Union Beach, a day in Highlands, Keansburg, and a day at Spring Lake. What some people went through in Highlands and Union Beach is unimaginable. We are helping them the best we can, supplementing the local police departments with extra bodies so they can get back to their own homes that have been destroyed also. Half of highlands PD lost their own personal houses, yet they came out to work to help their townspeople. That's what cops do.

People houses, total streets, have been decimated. Even giving someone a shoulder to cry on or a pat on the back, or an ear to listen helps them in the slightest of ways.

Take it from me. Find out where and when donations are being accepted and help these people out in Monmouth and Ocean.

Gotta get to bed, we've been out there since Tuesday and we are going nonstop 12 hour shifts straight through next week.

Hopefully I can vote. !!

Peace everyone and be thankful for what you have.

Fully agree 100%.

Hey everyone, just got power back today. Been volunteering long hours at Belmar so far. Some of the things I have seen will change my life forever. Hope you have been safe JL and the rest of the Shore locals.

People complaining about not having power is as weak as it gets. I was assisting in emptying out a waterlogged house that had head high water and lost EVERYTHING. Think about that for a minute. If you are still feeling sorry for yourself, well, get lost.

I was relatively lucky here in North Jersey. We only lost power for five days. Still lots of other homes without power in this area.

In an effort to help out others less fortunate than us in some way, we put together a care package -- food, water, batteries, clothes, etc. -- that one of my wife's coworkers personally delivered to her family's hometown in Central Jersey.

Each little bit helps.