Steve Cangialosi

ohms law

That may be true, I don't really know anything about her. maybe they could bring someone from the outside in, then. Who knows.

My only thinking there was that she's already part of the coverage team, and it would be an easy move to make. I think she's done well as the host/reporter, as well. But, whatever... if they could just talk Steve into being more pithy during the game action, and avoiding any stories unless and until there's a significant break, then I can live with him.

While I agree with this in principle, I also enjoy watching and listening to most of the other play-by-play guys much more than listening to Cangialosi. That's actually part of what brought this up.

The Canadian broadcasting teams are terrific, but that's not exactly a fare comparison. I was watching and listening to the Kings coverage last night though, and they have a good on air team.

Bob is great. Jim Fox is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm talking the WORST. I wish he could say just one sentence without ending from high to low in pitch.

I'm sure Steve would go a Gary Thorne route if he was given the choice. He already calls Red Bull games and I'm sure if he got the chance he'd do basketball or baseball games.

Hmmmm, I never knew that until now. Would you say he knows more about the Red Bulls than the Devils??

I've actually been mildly surprised with Cangialosi. I was expecting him to be unlistenable when he first got the job. But now after however many games it's been, I think he's getting better eac game. I even think he's starting to develop a little chemistry with Chico -- whereas in the beginning, they had no chemistry. It's only his first season, so we gotta be a little patient.

As for Deb Placey, I think she's been great. Her style is very smooth. She had the in-between periods gig with the Islanders for many years and obviously knows her stuff. She even co-hosts a show on NHL Network with E.J. Hradek. We're lucky to have her, IMO.

I have to agree that Steve is better now than he used to be. That being said... I almost completely tune him out anymore, which is terrible when you consider that the only reason that he's there is to be heard. I don't have any confidence that he's continue to get better, either. There was a learning curve, but he's climbed that already. At this point, he is what he is.

Maybe bass wasn't the word I was looking for. I just meant it has no weight... ugh idk how to describe what I'm trying to say. Maybe we were just spoiled. Doc knew everything about every player and their families and he made boring games interesting... Steve is just so blah.

Edited by JerryTown

(Mikey, it's merely a "coincidence" that CC Sabathia once pitched for Indians and now he's pitching against them on a particular evening).

hahah he married that news woman from ch.11 shes a win

chico is great because he is real.

i would rather listen to dano than cangi.

i-think-steve-is-gay

Thanks for your informed and hockey related post. Pleasure to have you.