Instant Replay

Derek21

Why isn't it used? France got screwed today out of a 2nd goal against Korea. They were leading 1-0 when a kick was stopped by the Korean goalie. But replays showed the ball was over the line.

And of course nothing was done. Unbelievable.

And the game resulted in a 1-1 tie eventually. France has a legit beef.

Anyway, I don't understand why this hasn't come up. Unreal.

Mostly because of purism and tradition and due to the fact that soccer is played in many poor countries and they would not be able to afford the technology needed since most leagues must be governed by the same rules of FIFA (with some exceptions) There is talk of a ball with a chip inside that would warn any time it crossed a goal line but again the money involved has not made that a reality.

If you follow soccer that goal not called is no surprise - off sides, hand balls and penalty shots called/not called are more common.

referee mistakes are a part of the game... You must go with it

It's sometimes boring, but it's human... it's a human fault.

Sometimes I'm for a "instant replay"... most of the time, i'm against a Elite soccer (All player in the world must have the same rule !)

Anyway... lucky for me, i'm not die hard french team fan (but this year, I like this time) Two games and two HUGE ref' mistake !

France can have 6 points and be qualified... and they are on the way to be eliminate quickly

(they don't deserve the 6 points... 4 at least... but some other team doesn't deserve to be qualify and they are - Portugal for example.. )

Soccer can't even afford a separate time keeper, goal judges are out of the question.

LOL... nothing driv3e me crazier than stoppage time that seems to go until someone scores!!!

stoppage time is STUPID.. stop the clock for injuries.,. thats it!!! 90 minutes is 90 minutes.. not 91 or 93 or 94:36.