NFL 2013 Off Season - cap hits, franchise tags, draft prep

MantaRay

Aside from recently ending my lockout of the NHL, there is nothing remotely interesting in the world of sports.   Even though the NFL season just ended, I am hoping this thread provides interest during the hiatus from sports and suppliements the non-hockey void in the sports sections.

To start:  I can't believe the Falcons cut Michael Turner & John Abraham.

Someone else can start the Flacco thread, I already have my opinion on it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, the Altanta Defense is horrbile without Abraham in the line-up.  It is night and day.

In terms of Free Agency, I am scared that the Flacco contract will not allow us to field anything close to a Super Bowl caliber team next year.   If we lose Boldin, Reed, Jones, Leetch, Ellerbee or Kruger we will be in for a LONG season.   In the playoffs Boldin made Flacco his payday.

But, the Altanta Defense is horrbile without Abraham in the line-up.  It is night and day.

In terms of Free Agency, I am scared that the Flacco contract will not allow us to field anything close to a Super Bowl caliber team next year.   If we lose Boldin, Reed, Jones, Leetch, Ellerbee or Kruger we will be in for a LONG season.   In the playoffs Boldin made Flacco his payday.

I would have to presume Atlanta has a plan to replace Abraham via the draft or FA. Maybe your boy Kruger, since you mentioned him. And yeah, last I heard re: Flacco was he's looking at $20 mil per year. That's about what I thought. Well, I think I said between 18 and 20 if I recall. That could make things tough resigning your other players, no doubt. You're right to be a little concerned about that.

Harvin traded to Seattle for a first and seventh. Wasn't just last year where there was talk that the Jets could have had him for a third?

People speculating that this means Seattle or Mnnesota might be jumoing into the Wallace sweepstakes. Hooefulky from a Phin fan's perspective, the rumor is correct that the Wallace deal is already done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wallace has apparently agreed on a deal with Miami......

Harvin's been a headcase and an injury-mess.....dumping him and retooling is the best thing they can do.....

Why ON EARTH would Minnesota trade their only offensive threat besides AP?  Unless they do have a handshake agreement with Wallace or someone else.

Boldin dealt to the Niners for a 6th, the first Flacco domino falls, and John did Jim a favor.

He was basically a cancer in the lockerroom and he made it clear that he would bolt at free agency.  A year ago they were talking about trading him for a third round pick, now they got a first.  Not that bad Minnesota.

Reports are that Wallace has a handshake deal with the Dolphins.

Why ON EARTH would Minnesota trade their only offensive threat besides AP?  Unless they do have a handshake agreement with Wallace or someone else.

Boldin dealt to the Niners for a 6th, the first Flacco domino falls, and John did Jim a favor.

WHAT?!?!?1?1?   You have to be F@#$ing kidding me.    We did not trade Boldin, please tell me this is a joke.

WHAT?!?!?1?1?   You have to be F@#$ing kidding me.    We did not trade Boldin, please tell me this is a joke.

When he wouldn't restructure his deal, it was a foregone conclusion.  It also took Flacco a set of cajones to say the Ravens shouldn't restructure Boldin's deal, when it's the $20 million they're paying to Flacco that made that necessary.  Ravens only got a sixth round pick.  Meaning it was the equivalent of the Ravens releasing him.

The best part of this is during his re-negogiation time.....Flacco told him to stick to his guns and not make a deal....think about that on every 3rd and 7 for the rest of your career buddy :lol:

When he wouldn't restructure his deal, it was a foregone conclusion.  It also took Flacco a set of cajones to say the Ravens shouldn't restructure Boldin's deal, when it's the $20 million they're paying to Flacco that made that necessary.  Ravens only got a sixth round pick.  Meaning it was the equivalent of the Ravens releasing him.

lol, I could have sworn Flacco's cap number was low for next year.  Or at least it should be.

As you all know I was a strong Flacco supporter, but I think his contract is going to ruin the franchise over the next few years.

Losing Boldin is huge, as he was largely responsible for Flacco's big payday. Boldin didn't deserve a pay cut, Joe just got greedy. It is a lot easier to defend against us without Boldin. I am afraid Flacco will become the next Neil ODonnell without a good supporting cast.

I am hating Average Joe right now.

Edited by MantaRay

As you all know I was a strong Flacco supporter, but I think his contract is going to ruin the franchise over the next few years.

Losing Boldin is huge, as he was largely responsible for Flacco's big payday. Boldin didn't deserve a pay cut, Joe just got greedy. It is a lot easier to defend against us without Boldin. I am afraid Flacco will become the next Neil ODonnell without a good supporting cast.

I am hating Average Joe right now.

For a 6th, I wish Ireland threw his hat in the ring. But that could've been a Harbaugh family discount, who knows. But that's a tough loss for you guys Manta, no two ways about it.

All per NFL.com

Bennett to the Bears, a sorely needed tight end upgrade for them if Jay can take his eyes off of Brandon for a hot sec.

As stated in the other thread, Wallace to Miami is pending physicals but is basically official. 

Andy Levitre to Tennessee - 5/39
Paul Kruger to Cleveland - 5/40
Anthony Fasano to Kansas City - multiyear, terms unknown

Nick Novak re-ups in SD for 4 years

Louis Vasquez to Denver - 4/23.5

And on the flip side, Buffalo says goodbye to Fitzpatrick.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Holy sh!t, Cleveland did something good!! And screwed over a division rival in the process....I hope Flacco can catch passes and rush the other QB too....for all that money he gonna have to.....

Amongst today's major moves (all sourced NFL.COM)

The slash is years/total $$$/guaranteed $$$ (if known)

Reggie Bush to Detroit - 4/16

Dashon Golson to Tampa - 5/41/22

Shonn Greene to Tenn - 3/10

Mendenhall to ARI - 1/2.5

Glover Quin to DET - 5/?

Stewart Bradley to DEN - 1/?

Chris Canty to BAL - 3/8/2.8 (nice little move there)

Welker is talking seriously with Denver...do they really need him?

Also, to quote NFL.COM's title: Report: Steven Jackson, Green Packers talking contract

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!