Concerts

Devils Dose

I don't much care for Kanye West, but goddamn, a show at the Bowery Ballroom? That place is barely bigger than my living room.

This weekend it's Foxy Shazam/Free Energy/Hollerado in Brooklyn on Friday and dredh/some other bands at Irving Plaza on Sunday. Then I think I'm done on concerts for the year, unless I can swing cheap tickets to the Bouncing Souls shows after Christmas or the Third Eye Blind show in NYC on the 30th.

Is LMFAO a band?

I have no idea, I was drunk..(of course)They kind of sounded like alot of noise..not good noise either

I have no idea, I was drunk..(of course)They kind of sounded like alot of noise..not good noise either

I think they're a party rap type group. I could be wrong, though.

Saw Foxy Shazam and Hollerado last night (left before Free Energy). Foxy Shazam are right straight out of their goddamned minds. And Hollerado were a fun power-pop rock band from Canada, so I bought their cd (it comes in a ziplock bag. I love it.)

dredg/Circa Survive/Codeseven tomorrow night, and them I'm checking out of the concert business for the year. It was, indeed, a banner year for live music for me. Which is good, because it's been an absolute sh!t year in sports for me, and those are really the only two things I have, music and sports.

I was tryng to get into that. 550 capacity...looked awesome!! His album is GREAT.

He ripped it up. I'm still remembering it. Me and my friend who got me in (shes a publicist lol) were standing next to Q-Tip all night. It was an experience needless to say. One of those "I was there" type of things.

I saw The Walkmen tonight at Terminal 5. Don't like that place, BUT they were brilliant. Their drummer is probably the best in indie rock.

This song and probably the one you've heard if you've never heard of the band (The Rat) tore the roof off the mofo. Great crowd and great tunes. Buzzing still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hKUJnMners

I really like the opening band (School of Seven Bells) as well, but I hate the fact that venues tone down the opening acts. Terminal 5 is like gigantic three floor square, so every act needs to receive the same treatment the headliner does technically in caverns like this. I couldnt hear a word that she was singing, but I still love her and would eat her poo with a fork given the opportunity.

Edited by ghdi

Saw Ozzy at the Izod Center on Friday. He is still great on stage. Totally different than the guy we saw on his MTV show or in interviews. Plus it was his birthday. In the middle of the show, they brought out a cake and sang Happy Birthday. Sharon came out and gave him a hug and kiss, and then the show went on.

Also saw Jim Gaffigan ("Hot pockets") at Best Buy Theater on Saturday night. The man cracks me up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gogol Bordello and Man Man at Terminal 5 on New Year's Day was incredible, as Gogol always is. This is the first time I saw them outside of a festival setting, so the band playing for well over two hours was a pleasant surprise (I had read - perhaps in this thread - that even their headlining sets are pretty short, but it wasn't the case that night).

Last night, saw Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at BB King's in the city. Danced myself stupid.

Now...I have no shows imminent. I must change this at some point. :(

I'm hearing all kinds of rumors for Lollapalooza, and it's getting me excited to (hopefully) plan a trip out to Chicago ago - talks of Foo Fighters, Muse, Kanye West, REM, Coldplay, Bjork, Portishead, System of a Down as all potential top-6 headliners. Even two or three of those would make the cost of the ticket well worth it.

I thought I heard something about some Dispatch shows. Is State Radio still in existence?

Yeah SR is going to be at New Meadowlands on 4/29 (Bamboozle). I was thinking about going just to see them and Streetlight.

haha Lil Wayne and Montley Crew are headlining Bamboozle. :rolleyes:

ADTR will be there also which is sweet.

New Found Glory featuring Marky Ramone on drums.

Edited by Quinn01

That last one's a part of the Hoodwink show, New Found Glory with Marky Ramone doing a Ramones set.

Also, I highly recommend River City Extension, who are on the Saturday lineup. Great Toms River-based band. And, of course, Gaslight Anthem are also playing.

Holy Crap NewFound Glory!

Gonna check out Goo Goo Dolls later this month..should be nostolgia-tastic!

Im a member there. Really great place if you've never been. Prob my fave venue in the city behind Bowery Ballroom and the Mercury Lounge.

i've wanted to check le poisson rouge out for awhile. just waited for the right show. agalloch happens to be my favorite band on the planet right now, so that worked out rather nicely.

also going to see godspeed you black emperor at terminal 5. wish i got tickets to see them at the brooklyn masonic temple, but oh well.

i've wanted to check le poisson rouge out for awhile. just waited for the right show. agalloch happens to be my favorite band on the planet right now, so that worked out rather nicely.

also going to see godspeed you black emperor at terminal 5. wish i got tickets to see them at the brooklyn masonic temple, but oh well.

Now that would be a great show...if only the weren't playing at Terminal 5. As for Le Poisson Rouge, I almost saw Kate Miller-Hedike there about six months ago but found out about the show too late. As for recent shows, I went to see The Decemberists at the Beacon last Wednesday. Excellent show and I'm really liking the newer, more country feel of the new album, even if alot of it sounds like old REM. Definately woth braving the blowing snow to get back to my place. As for upcoming, I'm considering seeing Fleet Foxes at the United Palace in middle March.