50 members have voted

1. 1. The New Jersey Devils will...

• Win in regulation.
    • Lose in regulation.
    • Win in OT.
    • Lose in OT.
    • Win in SO.
    • Lose in SO.

I wouldnt say he sucks hes just an a$$hole.

Seriously. It's like no wonder he can be double shifted. He don't skate 80% of the time he's out there, and he turns over the puck constantly. What pisses me off the most is when he tries to come in the zone with speed and turns the puck over at the other teams blue line, then we regain possession, but can't do anything with it because he is taking his sweet ass time turning around deep in their zone.

Seriously. It's like no wonder he can be double shifted. He don't skate 80% of the time he's out there, and he turns over the puck constantly. What pisses me off the most is when he tries to come in the zone with speed and turns the puck over at the other teams blue line, then we regain possession, but can't do anything with it because he is taking his sweet ass time turning around deep in their zone.

:blahblah:

He's playing with a glorified AHLer in Palmieri and a still-developing Josefson. Give him a competent center. He's not a playmaker, he's a finisher.

What he really needs to do is set up give and goes. That would work really well with him.

:blahblah:

He's playing with a glorified AHLer in Palmieri and a still-developing Josefson. Give him a competent center. He's not a playmaker, he's a finisher.

Yeah I guess thats true also.

Edited by Quinn01

Hedberg bailed out Kovalchuk again.

Chico put it best before i could type it here. Kovalchuk is a "high risk" player with the puck. You can play him with anyone and make excuses thereof and it's not going to change some of the things he does and will do.

Some of you really need to learn that this guy is high risk/high reward. Not much is going to change that.

Some of you really need to learn that this guy is high risk/high reward. Not much is going to change that.

There's absolutely no arguing that. He makes silly, stupid mistakes and one of these times it's going to cost the team big time.

In the other end of the ice, though, I feel like he's just being wasted. There's no cycle from this second line whatsoever. Just nothing doing.

Kovy was a point pr game player in Atlanta... He has one of the best releases in hockey, period. Granted he's not gonna win any Selke trophys, but not wanting him on your team is mindboggling to me. As has been pointed out numerous times on this board already, he needs someone to set him up, the players on the ice with him at the moment just aren't good enough.

I'd like to see him and Parise swap lines tbh.

Edited by njdevsftw
  • Like 1