Josefson the favorite out of Camp

RizzMB30

Link to TG's blog

"Devils coach John MacLean liked what he saw from that line. Clarkson also scored a power-play goal in the second period on a nice set-up from Zubrus."

Sounds like Clarky,Zubs, and Josefson like playing together and have some chemistry...and their scoring! I realize it's early, but it's interesting to read about stuff like this.

I definitely want to see Josefson play in a preseason game so I can get an idea of what type of player he is. Sounds like everyone compliments his hockey IQ, I just question whether or not he is strong enough to make the jump at such a young age.

In comparison JJ is listed as 6'0 190lbs (It is possible that he gained weight over the summer) and Parise is listed at 5'11 190lbs, so Josefson should probably add about 5 more pounds of muscle.

I definitely want to see Josefson play in a preseason game so I can get an idea of what type of player he is. Sounds like everyone compliments his hockey IQ, I just question whether or not he is strong enough to make the jump at such a young age.

In comparison JJ is listed as 6'0 190lbs (It is possible that he gained weight over the summer) and Parise is listed at 5'11 190lbs, so Josefson should probably add about 5 more pounds of muscle.

He can make the jump, there's no doubt about that. It's just a matter of how effective he will be and if it's worth wasting a year of his eligibility by playing him more than 9 games or whatever the amount is. I don't think it's worth it. It sounds like he'll be a great center very soon, and most of the compliments he's gotten from Johnny Mac and Clarkson and others stress that he thinks the game well and has a mature playing style for his age. These are things that will be put to much better use when he is fully adjusted to the American game and is more prepared physically. I say give him a look in the NHL, let him get his feet wet in a few games, and then let him go down and have a solid year in the AHL before he makes the jump next season.

He can make the jump, there's no doubt about that. It's just a matter of how effective he will be and if it's worth wasting a year of his eligibility by playing him more than 9 games or whatever the amount is. I don't think it's worth it. It sounds like he'll be a great center very soon, and most of the compliments he's gotten from Johnny Mac and Clarkson and others stress that he thinks the game well and has a mature playing style for his age. These are things that will be put to much better use when he is fully adjusted to the American game and is more prepared physically. I say give him a look in the NHL, let him get his feet wet in a few games, and then let him go down and have a solid year in the AHL before he makes the jump next season.

To hell with patience I demand immediate gratification!

You're probably right but like what everyone has been saying, he could very well make the team out of necessity. The way I see it is if he is as hockey smart as everyone says then the transition from the euro leagues to the NHL might not be so difficult, the speed of the game would be the hardest thing to adjust to.

No supprise, the guy is so smart and reads the game so well.

He makes smart simple plays, but can use his skill when its required. hopefully with some time in the gym he wil be able to use his size to his advantage as well.

Still want Tedenby to sped a year in the AHL.

Based on what I read, the following players are catching other players attention.

Eric Gelinas

Alexander Urbom

Mattias Tedenby

Jacob Josefson

Tim Sestito

Interesting. He's be a cheap center if he can make the cut. Saves a year of JJ's eligibility.

yakov smirnoff?

ugh my jokes and comebacks are getting worse. i need a break :urg:

In Soviet Russia, Puck shoots you.

No, on a serious note, I did hear that you should pronounce Josefson's name like Yakob but this is America, and if I want to butcher your name like the rest of the foreigners in the NHL, I have every damn right! I think it even says that in the constitution or something like that....

I wouldnt mind seeing Yakob or Mattias get a shot. I think they both have the skills to back up their non-existent English. I kid, I kid. The boys do have skills....

how do we yell 'shoooot shoooot shooooot' in sweedish?

According to Google Translate: SKJUUUUUUUUUUUUTA!! SKJUUUUUUUUTA!!

that's actually to shoot, to shoot...

instead its skjuuuut, skjuuuut with a prononciation of something like shhhhhut (as if you would shysh someone)