Big price drop for Game 3

skeeter

Thought this deserved it's own thread. Just checked ticketmaster to see what's left for tomorrow night and there are still a ton of seats left in the 100s behind the goals. Well I don't know if it's a glitch or the Devils quietly trying to dump those seats but they're $39 now for rows 4 and up. . It's for game 3 only and the 200s are still full price so maybe they'll have a last minute college night to fill them too.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida's ticket prices are different, their building is bigger and they hadn't made the playoffs in over a decade.

As far as this discount, it's legit and hopefully people that don't have tickets buy those instead of on the secondary market. Apparently they have a college discount too, and may discount some of the Game 3 uppers as well.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just picked up 5 tickets up there. I wish they would do this on the upper side balcony as well. See you all there!

your user name will forever jinx the teams chances of winning the cup.... please change it. Thanks.

I was just on the ticketmaster site and got some extra tickets for friends. It doesn't seem like there are many tickets left, except the last few rows of the 200 level corners which, for some ungodly reason, cost over $60 when seats in the balconies are going for $39. That makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

I was just on the ticketmaster site and got some extra tickets for friends. It doesn't seem like there are many tickets left, except the last few rows of the 200 level corners which, for some ungodly reason, cost over $60 when seats in the balconies are going for $39. That makes absolutely no sense.

Section 104 went from 134 tickets to currently 20 since they changed the price.

They better change the price for Thursday game as well. Lower bowl seems filled, but the balconies and 200's need help.

It's a delicate balance.. Don't want to condition the fans to just wait for deals, and you don't want to piss off the people who paid full price

It's a delicate balance.. Don't want to condition the fans to just wait for deals, and you don't want to piss off the people who paid full price

It's a bit of a farce though... non-STH are already conditioned to wait if they aren't particular on a specific section... the Devs will always offer discount tickets for almost any game that isn't a marquee game/series (and even then, sometimes they have great offers).

If there was greater demand... a) this pricing game of chicken wouldnt happen b) they wouldn't worry about discounting seats to sell out, we'd just be sold out.

I'm a season ticket holder in the balconies and paid more for my playoff tickets this round than the deals currently being offered. While it sucks to a certain degree, I understand the team has to do what it can to get people in the building. In fact, I'd rather have the place filled and rocking than have them stick to their single game price have have 2000+ empty seats tomorrow night.

Come next round (yes I'm being confident and not saying "if we win"), when we are playing the Rangers or Flyers, the price STH's pay will make up for the loss this round as there will not be any deals to be had (which also means there will be a ton of Rangers or Flyers fans in the building).

I got my tickets on stubhub last week and it is annoying that they lowered the price on these. After fees I probably paid $10-20 more than today's ticketmaster deal.

But it is what it is and nothing I can do about it. I will still enjoy the first playoff game in two years :boogie:

I'm a season ticket holder in the balconies and paid more for my playoff tickets this round than the deals currently being offered. While it sucks to a certain degree, I understand the team has to do what it can to get people in the building. In fact, I'd rather have the place filled and rocking than have them stick to their single game price have have 2000+ empty seats tomorrow night.

Come next round (yes I'm being confident and not saying "if we win"), when we are playing the Rangers or Flyers, the price STH's pay will make up for the loss this round as there will not be any deals to be had (which also means there will be a ton of Rangers or Flyers fans in the building).

That's most likely going to be a very true statement if we get to the 2nd round (I don't want to jinx us).

I hope to afford at least 1 game in the second round but I know it is going to be somewhat of a long shot especially if we play a rival.

Yay! Cheaper than my STH price! :blahblah:

Sorry, but that is bullsh!t.

STH should get the best deal, period.

Yay! Cheaper than my STH price! :blahblah:

Sorry, but that is bullsh!t.

STH should get the best deal, period.

If you'd rather have a 16,000 crowd in exchange for 'sth's getting the best deal' 100% of the time that's perfectly legitimate. I'm an sth too and I'd rather see a full building for a playoff home game.

Bear in mind this is for one game (well, probably two) and they're not getting the first-choice seats either, after sth locations and strips have already been purchased. Excluding the food and beverage cards - which I don't count as part of the price - they didn't go below sth price during the season on anything other than college night tickets...which is again, legit imo since they weren't for every game either and are only targeting a specific part of the fanbase that is 'future' sth buyers.

If you'd rather have a 16,000 crowd in exchange for 'sth's getting the best deal' 100% of the time that's perfectly legitimate. I'm an sth too and I'd rather see a full building for a playoff home game.

Bear in mind this is for one game (well, probably two) and they're not getting the first-choice seats either, after sth locations and strips have already been purchased. Excluding the food and beverage cards - which I don't count as part of the price - they didn't go below sth price during the season on anything other than college night tickets...which is again, legit imo since they weren't for every game either and are only targeting a specific part of the fanbase that is 'future' sth buyers.

I understand why some STH's will be pissed about this deal based upon the fact that we invest a lot over the course of the season and someone buying tickets to 1 game gets a better deal. However, the demand obviously isn't there and I agree with you. I'd rather have a full house and pay a few bucks more than a few hundred people who got this deal than have a playoff game with 15-16,000 in the stands. That's just my preference, and it is a sentiment echoed by a number of people on HFBoards over the past week. In fact, it seems like there is a ticket manager that posts on there and he explained the reasoning behind the decision today. Basically said that they waited as long azs the could, but the market for the remaining seats was completely stagnanat and they needed to come out with the deals they did to sell off the remaining 1000 seats that were available for Game 3.

I understand why some STH's will be pissed about this deal based upon the fact that we invest a lot over the course of the season and someone buying tickets to 1 game gets a better deal. However, the demand obviously isn't there and I agree with you. I'd rather have a full house and pay a few bucks more than a few hundred people who got this deal than have a playoff game with 15-16,000 in the stands. That's just my preference, and it is a sentiment echoed by a number of people on HFBoards over the past week. In fact, it seems like there is a ticket manager that posts on there and he explained the reasoning behind the decision today. Basically said that they waited as long azs the could, but the market for the remaining seats was completely stagnanat and they needed to come out with the deals they did to sell off the remaining 1000 seats that were available for Game 3.

I'm a STH and I don't really care at all. I'd rather see the building full supporting the team than have 2000 empty seats.

The reality is that some people have been priced out of the building with the amounts they are charging and a deal like this gets those who really want to go into the building.

If we learned anything in the other thread about filling up the building, it is that we have fans that want to go but they have their financial responsibilities to take care of first before high priced playoff tickets. This deal helps some of them get to go if they jump on the deal fast enough!

More devils fans in the building will always be the best option for all!