Big price drop for Game 3

skeeter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really fair. I'd venture a guess that most Ranger or Flyer fans from New Jersey were either fans before the Devils came here, or had parents who were Rangers/Flyers fans. If New Jersey got an expansion baseball team, I'd still be a Yankee fan.

Also, most Flyer fans from Jersey are from Southern Jersey and live much closer to Philly than the Meadowlands or Newark. I would bet for a long period of time, people in Southern Jersey couldn't even watch Devils games on TV. I know that was the case with baseball, until YES came along.

Correct. I live in Mount Laurel, which is only 20 minutes from the Wells Fargo Center. My bro is a Flyers fan, all my friends are Flyers fans (you get the picture). Yet, I convinced my mom, sister and several cousins to come to the good side and cheer for NJ. I dont know what it would take to get MSG to South Jersey, but it would be a huge help for growing the fanbase. I dont get MSG, only Comcast Sportsnet,and I didnt even have Center Ice until the 2003-2004 season. I've been a fan since 98, but I couldnt watch my home state team until I was 12 and even that was through a national sports package. Whenever I see the "Jersey's Team" slogan, I always have a good laugh. Half the state hates us and half the state is not able to watch locally

Edited by SMantzas

for me all these kids were devil fans growing up until they hit HS and they became the bitchiest Ranger fans for some reason. I don't get it. Maybe being a Ranger fan looks coolers than being a Devil fan.

I swear on FB one kids status was like "stop talking about the devils, they weren't even in the playoffs last year." yeah, guess you don't know where they were 20 years before that too hahaha

Absolutely. The worst part about it is, if this team makes a run, he will be sitting in a box with JVB like he's the biggest Devils fan in the world.

Yup...just like when the Giants had their Superbowl celebration at new stadium....Chris Christie was there even though he's a big Jet fan.