201 replies to this topic

#141 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

What we all expected, Jake Long done for the season. Next few weeks will be interesting.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#142 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

http://itiswhatitis....ul-by-dolphins/

:doh1:

#143 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Tannehill has to be the worst QB of the 2012 draft. Of all the young QBs in the league only Gabbert and Lindley (if you want to include him) are worse.

Absolutely zero big play ability.

Edited by Daniel, 09 December 2012 - 05:50 PM.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#144 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Tannehill has to be the worst QB of the 2012 draft. Of all the young QBs in the league only Gabbert and Lindley (if you want to include him) are worse.

Amazingly he has ZERO playmaking offensive players around him....what a fascinating coincidence :doh1:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#145 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Amazingly he has ZERO playmaking offensive players around him....what a fascinating coincidence :doh1:

Matt Moore managed well enough with virtually the same offense last year.

Tannehill is not good.
Posted Image

#146 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Matt Moore managed well enough with virtually the same offense last year.

Tannehill is not good.

Funny I don't see Brandon Marshall out there this year and Reggie Bush went into the sh!tter

this offense is not good

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#147 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

lol Brandon Marshall's a pretty big omission. The Dolphins acted like a team rebuilding anyway, trading the CB right before the season, starting Tannehill over Moore, it shouldn't be a big surprise they're having growing pains in spite of their surprising early success.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#148 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Funny I don't see Brandon Marshall out there this year and Reggie Bush went into the sh!tter

this offense is not good

Brandon Marshall would not make a difference. Maybe Reggie Bush is no good this year because defenses have no respect for Tannehill.
Posted Image

#149 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Brandon Marshall would not make a difference. Maybe Reggie Bush is no good this year because defenses have no respect for Tannehill.

Yeah 91 catches, 1182 yards, 8 TD...he's trash....what are the Bears thinking!?!?!?!

#150 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Yeah 91 catches, 1182 yards, 8 TD...he's trash....what are the Bears thinking!?!?!?!

Cutler is better than Tannehill. Marshall is good, but he still needs a decent QB to throw to him, which Tannehill is not.
Posted Image

#151 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

You can have Cam Cameron back if you want...
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#152 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,909 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

. This is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a long time. I told you- he's gonna have ups and downs. He has NO ONE to throw to. NO ONE to make plays for him. He's on a sh!tty team- the other 3 rookie QB's have TALENT to support them. Tannehill's stats are NOT what tells the story about his future. He's shown he can play in this league. If you can't see that, maybe it's time for a refresher on proper and fair QB evaluation.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#153 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,909 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

. Alright, I take it back. THIS is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a long time. No offense bro, but you really sound stupid with sh!t like this. You obviously are pissed that Tannehill isn't RG3 or Luck or Wilson, so he must just suck, draft another QB. It's stupidity like this that drives me nuts. Once again, you can tell me I was right next season. And if I'm wrong, I'll be the first one to stand up and admit it. I'm not worried about it though, because I'm not wrong.

You can have Cam Cameron back if you want...

. Lmao. Looks like Cam failed forward fast.

#154 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Better than Tannehill: Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Brandon Weedon.

Tannehill has thrown 8 friggin TD passes all season. I don't care if he's a rookie. That time where qbs were given forever to develop are over.

Bad receivers? Not much worse than Seattles or Cleveland. Plus he has a good o-line.

I see nothing to be excited about with this guy. If we're lucky he'll end up being as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Posted Image

#155 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,909 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Better than Tannehill: Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Brandon Weedon.

Tannehill has thrown 8 friggin TD passes all season. I don't care if he's a rookie. That time where qbs were given forever to develop are over.

Bad receivers? Not much worse than Seattles or Cleveland. Plus he has a good o-line.

I see nothing to be excited about with this guy. If we're lucky he'll end up being as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

. Nick Foles eh? It's funny you mentioned Foles' name after a good game of his, the only one mind you. Now you're just blindly hating for hating's sake. I'm done with this discussion. Once again, I look forward to you telling me how right I was next season when Tannehill has some actual first rate offensive football players to deal with. You sound like the angry idiot who calls sports talk radio.

#156 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

. Nick Foles eh? It's funny you mentioned Foles' name after a good game of his, the only one mind you. Now you're just blindly hating for hating's sake. I'm done with this discussion. Once again, I look forward to you telling me how right I was next season when Tannehill has some actual first rate offensive football players to deal with. You sound like the angry idiot who calls sports talk radio.

I rarely, if ever, fly off the handle by judging rookies early on. I give a rookie QB a lot more slack if he's spending most of the time running for his life, like it did with Alex Smith and David Carr.

The offense around Tannehill isn't great, but it isn't bad either, and certainly not bad enough that he should have 8 TD passes after twelve games, or that he should be regressing. He also gets above-average pass protection. Sanchez has it A LOT worse than Tannehill so far as supporting cast, not to mention an offensive coordinator whose act is as tired as a Foghat concert.

That said, I'm not irate about the pick itself. It was worth the gamble, especially since there isn't a franchise QB coming out of college anytime soon. And even if there were, they don't have that much invested in him that IF a franchise QB suddenly became available that they would be forced to stick with Tannehill, in contrast to the Rams who were stuck with Bradford and had to pass up on RGIII.

I just don't see anything he does particularly well. And it isn't like he hasn't had the opportunities to at least show something. If you switched the uniforms and saw Tannehill playing for any other team, you probably would not be all that impressed.
Posted Image

#157 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,909 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

I rarely, if ever, fly off the handle by judging rookies early on. I give a rookie QB a lot more slack if he's spending most of the time running for his life, like it did with Alex Smith and David Carr.

The offense around Tannehill isn't great, but it isn't bad either, and certainly not bad enough that he should have 8 TD passes after twelve games, or that he should be regressing. He also gets above-average pass protection. Sanchez has it A LOT worse than Tannehill so far as supporting cast, not to mention an offensive coordinator whose act is as tired as a Foghat concert.

That said, I'm not irate about the pick itself. It was worth the gamble, especially since there isn't a franchise QB coming out of college anytime soon. And even if there were, they don't have that much invested in him that IF a franchise QB suddenly became available that they would be forced to stick with Tannehill, in contrast to the Rams who were stuck with Bradford and had to pass up on RGIII.

I just don't see anything he does particularly well. And it isn't like he hasn't had the opportunities to at least show something. If you switched the uniforms and saw Tannehill playing for any other team, you probably would not be all that impressed.

. Listen, the offsense isn't bad- it's terrible. For one thing, we run a zone blocking scheme with a guard (Incognito) and a left tackle (Long) who are straight on man maulers in pass pro. Protection has been less than adequate this season over the course of the season. Some good, but mostly bad. Martin did a servicable job Sunday, and will be the left tackle going forward with any hope (Long blows, goodbye). 2.- Tannehill doesn't do anything well- lmfao. Let's start with how well he fires strikes from outside the pocket- he's very dangerous on rollouts, and I don't think the Fins utilize that enough. Very accurate outside the pocket. Very mobile and athletic as well, can pick up 1sts with his legs. Doesn't make bad decisions by throwing into coverage consistently (meaning he sees the field well, a key for evaluating whether a QB is worth a sh!t- Henne, for example, can't read coverages in the NFL, which is why he sucks balls). Every QB makes dumb throws, it's limiting them that's key. The last dumb throw Tannehill made was in the Buffalo game (don't give me the Seattle pick in the end zone that didn't count either, he more than redeemed himself in that game and hasn't made the same mistake since). Tannehill didn't turn the ball over against the best defense in the league on the road- that counts for something, and if you think it doesn't, you're not paying enough attention. This guy has 2 WR's who are a 3's on most other teams at almost 1,000 yards each. He led an impressive comeback against a very good defense to win a game not a month ago. He's shown he can play, and he'll get better. He has an incredible upside. He needs to work on climbing the pocket and using his feet better- very improvable skills with time, practice, and experience. Get him some WR's who can GET SEPERATION and you'll see a big difference. Tannehill is forced to make a PERFECT throw every time because he has no speed at WR. Well, I got news bro- NO QB MAKES PERFECT THROWS EVERY TIME! You need receivers to be, oh I don't know- OPEN to actually succeed at QB with consistency in the NFL. That enough for ya, or you want more?

#158 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

. Listen, the offsense isn't bad- it's terrible. For one thing, we run a zone blocking scheme with a guard (Incognito) and a left tackle (Long) who are straight on man maulers in pass pro. Protection has been less than adequate this season over the course of the season. Some good, but mostly bad. Martin did a servicable job Sunday, and will be the left tackle going forward with any hope (Long blows, goodbye). 2.- Tannehill doesn't do anything well- lmfao. Let's start with how well he fires strikes from outside the pocket- he's very dangerous on rollouts, and I don't think the Fins utilize that enough. Very accurate outside the pocket. Very mobile and athletic as well, can pick up 1sts with his legs. Doesn't make bad decisions by throwing into coverage consistently (meaning he sees the field well, a key for evaluating whether a QB is worth a sh!t- Henne, for example, can't read coverages in the NFL, which is why he sucks balls). Every QB makes dumb throws, it's limiting them that's key. The last dumb throw Tannehill made was in the Buffalo game (don't give me the Seattle pick in the end zone that didn't count either, he more than redeemed himself in that game and hasn't made the same mistake since). Tannehill didn't turn the ball over against the best defense in the league on the road- that counts for something, and if you think it doesn't, you're not paying enough attention. This guy has 2 WR's who are a 3's on most other teams at almost 1,000 yards each. He led an impressive comeback against a very good defense to win a game not a month ago. He's shown he can play, and he'll get better. He has an incredible upside. He needs to work on climbing the pocket and using his feet better- very improvable skills with time, practice, and experience. Get him some WR's who can GET SEPERATION and you'll see a big difference. Tannehill is forced to make a PERFECT throw every time because he has no speed at WR. Well, I got news bro- NO QB MAKES PERFECT THROWS EVERY TIME! You need receivers to be, oh I don't know- OPEN to actually succeed at QB with consistency in the NFL. That enough for ya, or you want more?

First, if Jonathan Martin is our LT of the future, then god help us. An above-average D-lineman will eat him alive. I don't know what his health situation will be down the road, but you're out of your mind if you think Martin can hold a candle to Long.

In four games, Henne has as many touchdown passes as Tannehill, playing for an offense that is worse at every single skill position.

Tannehill's numbers are about as good as Fitzpatrick's when he started playing close to full-time with the Bengals.

So far as your scouting report, you can throw out the same generalities ("athletic" "doesn't make bad decisions") about almost any starting NFL quarterback.

Finally, he better get used to the supporting cast that he has right now. Somehow Ireland will find a way to screw up free agency.
Posted Image

#159 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,909 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

First, if Jonathan Martin is our LT of the future, then god help us. An above-average D-lineman will eat him alive. I don't know what his health situation will be down the road, but you're out of your mind if you think Martin can hold a candle to Long.

In four games, Henne has as many touchdown passes as Tannehill, playing for an offense that is worse at every single skill position.

Tannehill's numbers are about as good as Fitzpatrick's when he started playing close to full-time with the Bengals.

So far as your scouting report, you can throw out the same generalities ("athletic" "doesn't make bad decisions") about almost any starting NFL quarterback.

Finally, he better get used to the supporting cast that he has right now. Somehow Ireland will find a way to screw up free agency.

. I like you Daniel- but you're beyond help on this topic. You completely missed the point. I'd invite some of the more knowledgeable football fans here to corroborate my points should they so desire, just so you can see I'm not typing all of this sh!t for my health. And Martin did a respectable job on the whole the other day- we won't miss Long when he leaves and some other team overpays him. He's been GARBAGE this year- and if you couldn't tell, he's gotten worse every year. Unless he's signing for 3 mil a year + incentives- get off my lawn. The one thing I agree with you on is being scared about Ireland, it doesn't get me brimming with confidence that he'll be in charge of arguably the most important offseason in franchise history. I'm scared he might actually pay Long $10 mil a year. If he does, he shouldn't just be fired, the Dolphins should hold a contest where a random fan gets to berate the sh!t out of Ireland while driving him to the airport.

#160 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

. I like you Daniel- but you're beyond help on this topic. You completely missed the point. I'd invite some of the more knowledgeable football fans here to corroborate my points should they so desire, just so you can see I'm not typing all of this sh!t for my health. And Martin did a respectable job on the whole the other day- we won't miss Long when he leaves and some other team overpays him. He's been GARBAGE this year- and if you couldn't tell, he's gotten worse every year. Unless he's signing for 3 mil a year + incentives- get off my lawn. The one thing I agree with you on is being scared about Ireland, it doesn't get me brimming with confidence that he'll be in charge of arguably the most important offseason in franchise history. I'm scared he might actually pay Long $10 mil a year. If he does, he shouldn't just be fired, the Dolphins should hold a contest where a random fan gets to berate the sh!t out of Ireland while driving him to the airport.

Re Jake Long, I wouldn't franchise him, but the effort has to be made to re-sign him unless the injuries are a real problem.

Martin's strength, or relative lack thereof, is a huge concern.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users