The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I kind of want Hemsky. He'd be comfortable here with all the Czechs, I'm sure he'd work well in the system. I can't understand all the mention of Fayne in these trade talks. He is a top pairing guy, still young, we should hope to keep him for as long as possible.

@TGfireandice

Brodeur didn't want to discuss specifics of his conversation with Lamoriello, but said they discussed rest of this season and next season.

@TGfireandice

Brodeur didn't rule out possibility of signing extension for next season.

If Marty signs an extension for next season, it better be with the agreement that THIS IS IT, and it better be announced in conjunction with a Schneider extension. Marty 1 year, Cory 8 years, Marty rides off into the sunset. The end.

I don't think Schneider will tolerate this. Marty is a drama queen and will whine if he's back here next year. Deboer won't help either if he's still here:

I think the Devils have an ideal situation, with two top goalies. Clearly the torch has been passed and I think PDB has done a great job of rotating them this year. Marty should accept that next year should be his final year and do a victory lap with the Devils.

I'd rather see the trade. I don't want to do another season of Brodeur playing like garbage and our own fans gleefully tearing him up every night. 

I'm OK with Marty sticking around the rest of this year (provided PDB doesn't go to him too much), as I'm not sure if the Devils can really upgrade much at the backup position (either from within or outside the organization), but if he's back again next season, then Lou has jumped the shark.  Most people love Marty, even the ones who choose to go the mean-spirited route for the moment, but it should be obvious to EVERYONE (ESPECIALLY guys like Lou and others) that Marty has been well below average for significant stretches the past two seasons.  I don't expect Lou to necessarily say anything about that publicly, but I don't know how he can possibly ignore it privately, especially when Marty's most ardent supporters and fans acknowledge what Marty now is.     

I've been one to defend Marty most of the time, and I think most of his quotes get picked apart unfairly, but when he talks about next year, I cringe.  I know that what helps to make the greats great is that they never stop believing in themselves, but good lord Marty, look at your numbers since the beginning of last season, not to mention the numbers of one Cory Schneider.  Yes, there have been some nice stretches that past couple of seasons, but some truly dreadful ones too, and a .900 save% over that period of time, especially on a team that plays pretty good D and keeps shots-against totals down, is just bad.  Sadly, this just seems to be the latest case of a former great being completely unable to differentiate what was from what is.      

Pierre LeBrun

Just chatted with Martin Brodeur. He's ok with whatever Lou Lamoriello decides today. But ready for a new challenge if that comes...

Brodeur wants to play next season. A new challenge elsewhere with a chance to play more will help gauge him in that decision...

I'm OK with Marty sticking around the rest of this year (provided PDB doesn't go to him too much), as I'm not sure if the Devils can really upgrade much at the backup position (either from within or outside the organization), but if he's back again next season, then Lou has jumped the shark.  Most people love Marty, even the ones who choose to go the mean-spirited route for the moment, but it should be obvious to EVERYONE (ESPECIALLY guys like Lou and others) that Marty has been well below average for significant stretches the past two seasons.  I don't expect Lou to necessarily say anything about that publicly, but I don't know how he can possibly ignore it privately, especially when Marty's most ardent supporters and fans acknowledge what Marty now is.     

I've been one to defend Marty most of the time, and I think most of his quotes get picked apart unfairly, but when he talks about next year, I cringe.  I know that what helps to make the greats great is that they never stop believing in themselves, but good lord Marty, look at your numbers since the beginning of last season, not to mention the numbers of one Cory Schneider.  Yes, there have been some nice stretches that past couple of seasons, but some truly dreadful ones too, and a .900 save% over that period of time, especially on a team that plays pretty good D and keeps shots-against totals down, is just bad.  Sadly, this just seems to be the latest case of a former great being completely unable to differentiate what was from what is.      

The athlete is the last to know...

Brodeur really knows what he's doing with the media. Putting it all on Lou saying he's fine with wtv but CONSTANTLY says he wants more and more. 

You can see it as he's just honest and answering questions. At least Zach and other players have told the medias that they didnt want to talk about it anymore. It's really a distraction when Brodeur gives away 10 quotes a day about him willing to go or that he wants to play more. Again people can say those quotes are cherry picked and all. But when they ALL say the same thing coming from multiple reporters i mean, its not cherry picking at all.

It's like the girlfriend who doesnt want to look like a bitch but keeps on reminding her bf that if he doesnt do this this and this that she'll leave him.

Edited by SterioDesign

per Kypreos

#Devils will try and move Brodeur. He told his GM last nite he wants out. Lou told him not great market but he'd try his best to do it.

o damn thats such bullsh!t. His situation is gonna be barely any better on another team but he still wants out

still not sure it's 100% legit but really. With ALLL the quotes Marty fed the medias for the last few months it absolutely make sense. 

Still really pissing me off that he bent the team over to give him the outdoor game and the detroit game eventhough he was OBVIOUSLY not the right choice and yet he's acting like a princess (again if thats a legit report)

Edited by SterioDesign

still not sure it's 100% legit but really. With ALLL the quotes Marty fed the medias for the last few months it absolutely make sense. 

Still really pissing me off that he bent the team over to give him the outdoor game and the detroit game eventhough he was OBVIOUSLY not the right choice and yet he's acting like a princess (again if thats a legit report)

I think the team willingly gave him the Outdoor game

He may have strongarmed them for the Detroit game though...but at least we won

Pierre LeBrun

Just chatted with Martin Brodeur. He's ok with whatever Lou Lamoriello decides today. But ready for a new challenge if that comes...

Brodeur wants to play next season. A new challenge elsewhere with a chance to play more will help gauge him in that decision...

This is the type of stuff that annoys people re: Brodeurs quotes

Just chatted with Martin Brodeur. He's ok with whatever Lou Lamoriello decides today.

Great. Leave it at that

But ready for a new challenge if that comes...

"But IF I get traded"

"Should I get dealt"

"If the opportunity presents itself"

Brodeur just can't help himself to be this honest. Honest to the point where Devils fans feel miffed that their franchise goalie wants to leave them over something so petty. Where he can go somewhere and literally get about 2-3 more starts there then he would get here. Clearly this will sway opinions around the league regarding signing him in 2014-15

Brodeur is honest about everything except his ability to play goal in the NHL

Edited by '7'

Rather than all this talk about us losing a player who is essentially our backup goaltender (Albeit one who is a legend of the game and our franchise) it would be nice to see the Devils mentioned persuing some options to make the team better at forward.

Rather than all this talk about us losing a player who is essentially our backup goaltender (Albeit one who is a legend of the game and our franchise) it would be nice to see the Devils mentioned persuing some options to make the team better at forward.

I like this. Everyone is focused on the Marty thing, and maybe Lou pulls something else out of nowhere.

Ding Ding!  agree 100%  lets make a deal lou!