New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not the same. :lol: Hossa's deal is a flat deal with low pay at the end. Kovalchuk's is all over the place and has minimum pay for 6 years on it. he has years where he gets paid $11.5M and has a $6M cap hit. all of Hossa's big years are $7.9M with a $5.2whatever cap hit. you really don't see the difference? a player making max or close to max money with a $6M hit? it's extremely ballsy.

if the Rangers were doing this, my god, you'd all be going nuts. funny enough I was out for dinner on the weekend and listened to a Rangers fangirl behind me go on and on and on about this for 40 minutes. felt sorry for the people at her table. let. it. go.

Again. Yes, the numbers in the contracts are different. But the idea is the same and the years are close.

Not trying to be difficult but arbitration doesn't normally happen in court. Also depending on whether or not they are using new York evidence laws or the federal rules of evidence, what is said in Arbitration is not usually admissible in a subsequent trial.

Courtroom, room, hall...whatever you want to call it.

My guess would be that Bloch takes all the time he has. But then again, who knows?

IMO he's gonna hit the beach, think it over and have his decision Sunday night. Monday morning we'll get the news.

So since it's over, how long until insider sources start telling us the decision...before it's actually been made?

I believe this is where you guys start mocking SD.

SD has a choice in making an attempt to apologize/explain/come clean and learn from what happened, and that can go a long way by showing some humility and respect. I'm familiar with the guy for far too long to know that none of that will be happening.

Edited by SJP20

Who the hell cares?! It's a MESSAGE BOARD. I don't know how many times I have to tell people that around here.

Some of you act like its a secret fraternity of something and if you say something someone doesn't like you get ridiculed and kicked out.

Here's a new idea.... if someone says something you don't agree with or believe... DON'T RESPOND! Make life easier for everyone else and don't start lame internet fights.

TG really doesn't do rumors. He just writes. He gets all the stuff from outside. No one in the organization is telling him anything other than "status quo" and "don't you worry about my cap"

yeah, I'm surprised anyone gets any inside news from the devils or Lou. You'd think everyone would just repeat the same thing everytime a new story comes out knowing how tight lipped the organization is.

Who the hell cares?! It's a MESSAGE BOARD. I don't know how many times I have to tell people that around here.

Some of you act like its a secret fraternity of something and if you say something someone doesn't like you get ridiculed and kicked out.

Here's a new idea.... if someone says something you don't agree with or believe... DON'T RESPOND! Make life easier for everyone else and don't start lame internet fights.

There's a difference in saying something someone doesn't like during an exchange of ideas and opinions on a message board (after all that will happen no matter what). Some people are very opinionated, cynical, a voice of reason, etc. you have to expect that.

It's another to come on a board acting like God's special gift to Devils fans by speaking in absolutes, insulting, demeaning and name calling everyone who disagrees with your "sources" and "contacts".

If someone doesn't want the kind of negative attention and ridicule that goes along with that, think before you hit "add reply". Because no matter how many will ignore it, just as many will take issue with it

Edited by SJP20

There's a difference in saying something someone doesn't like during an exchange of ideas and opinions on a message board (after all that will happen no matter what). Some people are very opinionated, cynical, a voice of reason, etc. you have to expect that.

It's another to come on a board acting like God's special gift to Devils fans by speaking in absolutes, insulting, demeaning and name calling everyone who disagrees with your "sources" and "contacts".

If someone doesn't want the kind of negative attention and ridicule that goes along with that, think before you hit "add reply". Because no matter how many will ignore it, just as many will take issue with it

I agree with you Ken... I just go by the theory that people that actually do have sources don't go blabbing all their crap. I did that once and the person I got info from stopped giving me info. So I know better from now on to keep my mouth shut.

It's easy to ignore people that are blabbing that kind of stuff. So that's what I do. I knew the Halak trade was going to happen. I knew Gio was signing with the Habs last offseason... (I think you can see by this pattern that the info I get is mainly about the Habs)...

But anyway. Don't get worked up. Ignoring someone is fun.

The fight with SD is pointless...the guy clearly has his own way of thinking...

fighting with him is simply a roundabout argument that is a waste of your energy.

Eh, I think it's as simple as anybody who claims to know any inside info on a forum needs to be ignored. Their posts should be simply skipped over by everyone. I think Msweet and DM should delete those posts...they just cause more trouble than needed.

I knew the Halak trade was going to happen. I knew Gio was signing with the Habs last offseason... (I think you can see by this pattern that the info I get is mainly about the Habs)...

B )...

he seems like a nice guy who actually cares. not just a cold businessman

You voted for Obama didn't you?

Edited by ben00rs

HELL NO! but i didn't want McCain either

just seems like JVB is more apt to go out in public and really involved in building the fanbase. most owners seem to hire people to do that and only appear in photo-ops or high profile functions.

Edited by Legion15

eh...when the team's owner has to do the marketing then there is a problem. It would be nice if the owner was out there accenting and highlighting the great marketing that the team's marketing department is already doing....

It must be tough to work in the marketing department of the nj devils franchise when you have to compete with the two big cities in philadelphia and new york. you make a great point though that the team owner shouldnt be doing the marketing

Why shouldn't the team owner be helping out in marketing the team? I, as a fan, am very appreciative that JVB is willing to go out to the fans! It means he's passionate about not only the INVESTMENT he's made with the Devils but also his love for the Devils. Anything to the contrary is just stupid!

I want my owner to be the MOST aggressive part of the organization marketing OUR team. As they say "sh!t rolls downhill" luckily for us, it's just the opposite. We're getting "gold running downhill" since our owner is this passionate about OUR team!

Edited by Coorslight

I really don't care if JVB gets close with the fans or not. Personable is really not a requirement for being a good owner IMO. As long as those that work for him get the job done. If he wants to stand in Newark Penn handing out shirts then fine, but I couldn't care less and I probably ain't gonna show up.

It must be tough to work in the marketing department of the nj devils franchise when you have to compete with the two big cities in philadelphia and new york. you make a great point though that the team owner shouldnt be doing the marketing

really, he should. who are you more likely to be enamored with? the team owner, or Joe or Jill Schmoe from the ticket department.

they tried that, it doesn't work. if the owner is willing to do that kind of grunt work, instead of sitting in some mystery ivory tower, it makes a big difference.

I have no problem with him helping...I love a personable owner, I'm a Cowboys fan after all and love the way Jerry deals with the fans. I would just like to know what exactly they tried that didn't work....Retro Jersey night? That's just about the only thing that I can think of that has made an attempt to 1) appease the loyal fans with something they actually want 2) market the team in any fashion...and hell I wouldn't have even known about that campaign had it not been for this forum and the quasi-in-between-commercial things during the actual Devils telecast.

When your largest and most "unique" ad campaign to date is lazily taking a free font from dafont.com and slapping it next to a picture of the state you play in then I would say the marketing dept isn't trying as hard as they could be...