Shopping at amazon ?

DevilMinder

Just bought a couple birthday presents on amazon. I'll probably end up using it a ton around Christmas.

This has been a steady stream of income now thanks to all who use it. I am tracking down a banner system for the regulars to advertise or run referrals as well.

I also created a Contributor group for people who have donated to remove ads from their view. Its a manual affair but if you want into it and have donated just message me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey DM, I placed a few Amazon orders through your link recently because I am always glad to help out.

But if you don't mind, let me ask you a "dumb" question. I admittedly do not know jack about hosting a website. What's the advantage to hosting this website through your own means -- including ads, member donations, etc. -- rather than using a "free" messageboard hosting service such as ProBoards (www.proboards.com)?

Thanks 95. Well the short answer is our own control, we have used free boards in the past and support was messy. Even proboards would cost us money based on our size. I just checked again and it is 7 dollars per 50K page views which we average around 350K a month so that is 42 bucks a month. They are "free" because they get all the ad revenue.

FYI Amazon's Deal of the Day is Assassin's Creed 3 for XBox or PS3. $33.00 with free super saver shipping. Not too shabby of a deal for a couple month old game that's usually $60. Also the Lightning deals have all been video games so far today also.

51RR1gq2REL._AA165_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

I got my son an XBox for Christmas so figured this wasn't a bad deal to add under the tree. Also, means another game for me to play ;)