NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

Pitta re-ups with Baltimore for 5/32

Eagles sign Riley "Banning the N-word is a good idea" Cooper for 5/25 and Jason Kelce for 6/37.5 with 13 guaranteed.

Donald Butler re-ups with Chargers (shame on you ESPN for no contract terms).

And finally, the Saints seem set to use the Franchise Tag on Jimmy Graham and ignite a holy war over what position he really plays.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tag him as TE.

Eagles signed Maclin to one year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/28/eagles-jeremy-maclin-agree-to-one-year-deal/

49ers extended Kilgore for three more years as well as possibly bringing Hitner back.

I think Maclin's going to have a bounceback year, that's a quality signing.

As to the tag, all the Saints can do is say "I'm using the franchise tag on Jimmy Graham".  The league actually makes the determination as to what position he plays is paid as, and regardless of what they say, it looks like the losing side will file a grievance.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Well he should be tagged as a TE, he'll want the extra $5 million though. I'm sure a team would pay him like a receiver even though he isn't.

Panthers to use franchise tag on Hardy.

Seattle supposedly to let Bryant walk as well.

Oakland resigned Taiwan Jones for 5$ mill a year over four years.http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2014/2/24/5443728/taiwan-jones-signing-sets-bad-precedent

SEATTLE released RICE and Bryanthttp://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/02/28/seahawks-release-bryant-rice/

Edited by CarterforPresident

And so it begins for free agency...

Notable moves: Sam Shields is staying with the Packers, Red Bryant is a Jaguar, (N)Єverson Griffin amd Jasper Brinkley remain Vikings, and D'Qwell Jackson is a Colt.

And finally, in non-FA news ,William Clay Ford died at the age of 88.  RIP

@AdamSchefter: Short of a trade in the next two days, the Buccaneers are expected to release CB Darrelle Revis by 4 p.m. Wednesday, per league sources.

His cap hit makes it difficult for him to trade. I will take back all if those bad things I said about Ross and Dolphins management if we somehow manage to sign him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Revis to the Pats. fvck all our lives... Except CR lol.

It'll happen. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't really want it to happen, but it would be hilarious if he ended up back with the Jets, just for the humor value of Francesa actually having to say that the Jets played the whole situation perfectly.

If all the Bucs want is a 3rd or a 4th, how do you not pull the trigger? I hope Hickey is on the phone to his buddies in Tampa, but I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking the Fins would actually get him. I could see the Pats easily coughing up a mid-rounder for him.

If all the Bucs want is a 3rd or a 4th, how do you not pull the trigger? I hope Hickey is on the phone to his buddies in Tampa, but I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking the Fins would actually get him. I could see the Pats easily coughing up a mid-rounder for him.

Honestly, I would trade a second for him, assuming it won't blow things up capwise. He's clearly better than anyone that's available in the draft in the first place.

His contract is favorable in that his guaranteed money is only year to year. We're in a fortunate situation in that our QB won't be getting big money for at least two years.

Honestly, I would trade a second for him, assuming it won't blow things up capwise. He's clearly better than anyone that's available in the draft in the first place.

His contract is favorable in that his guaranteed money is only year to year. We're in a fortunate situation in that our QB won't be getting big money for at least two years.

Yeah I'd do a 2 as well, just to make sure the deal got done. It'd be worth it, even with the contract. In a division with arguably the best QB in the game, having Revis and Grimes as your starting corners is as good as it gets. And with posts like this, I continue to set myself up for disappointment when Revis inevitably goes to the Pats for a 4.

Revis to the Pats. fvck all our lives... Except CR lol.

It'll happen. Hope I'm wrong.

At least until Revis holds out after this year and they have to trade/cut his a$$ too  :P

I think the Jets brass probably burned that bridge

We could theoretically trade for him back lol (how hilarious would THAT be?)...but yeah I don't think he'd sign here as a FA.  The only glimmer of a hope is his regard for Rex but who's kidding who, he's all about straight cash, homes.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I would hope he goes somewhere in the NFC (other than NYG) so I can still cheer for him. I hear NE is close to signing Talib so maybe that will close the door on Revis. Denver is supposedly hot on Revis as the "final piece" so I can see that working out as well. Miami might be in the mix and he wouldn't really have to uproot  himself all that much either.

another thing I don't want to see tomorrow is Vick on the Jets. I wouldn't be heartbroken, but go out and get Schaub.

Edited by '7'

And HERE WE GO!

Dolphins get Brandon Albert and Earl Mitchell

Malcolm Jenkins is an Eagle for 3/16.25/8.5

Broncos get TJ Ward (aav 5.5 MM)

Browns get Donte (W)Hitner and Karlos Dansby

49ers Trade a 6th for Blaine Gabbert (???)

Geoff Schwartz and Rashad Jennings will be Giants

Colts resign Vontae Davis

Kevin Ogletree signs with Lions for 1 year

Ravens lock up Monroe for 5/37.5/19

More to come...

McFadden back with Oakland for one year. Reinsurance since Jennings is gone.

T.j ward to Denver.

Whitner with ClE. Dam

Lamar Houston with Chicago

Veldheer a cardinal.

Watch Hester and Peppers out of Chicago to.

Edited by CarterforPresident