Devs to honor Doc

MadDog2020

Well deserved. He was as much a member of the family as any player to have ever played for us.

Watching the games on TV now is just sad. Cangi is a good enough play by play guy, but the games just feel a little dull and boring without Doc's remarks or the great chemistry he had with Chico. I'm sure as time goes on, Cangialosi will get better and the interactions with Chico will improve, but in the meantime it really hurts not having Doc around anymore.

• Like 1

Well deserved. He was as much a member of the family as any player to have ever played for us.

Watching the games on TV now is just sad. Cangi is a good enough play by play guy, but the games just feel a little dull and boring without Doc's remarks or the great chemistry he had with Chico. I'm sure as time goes on, Cangialosi will get better and the interactions with Chico will improve, but in the meantime it really hurts not having Doc around anymore.

we all know steve is no doc, but it seemed last game he was trying to raise his voice more (get more excited) when there was a good shot or save. I think he'll be fine once he has a yr under his belt of doing the whole season.

we all know steve is no doc, but it seemed last game he was trying to raise his voice more (get more excited) when there was a good shot or save. I think he'll be fine once he has a yr under his belt of doing the whole season.

Exactly what I noticed.

He's trying, certainly seems to be trying to improve his play-by-play. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll get better over time.

• Like 1

I don't like Steve very much, but I will cut him some slack since no one can fill his shoes. Also watching out of town games really helps give me perspective, their are A LOT of bad announcers out there. But I do kind of wish there was an option to watch a game with the commentators muted but the game sounds still live.

And yea, nothing but <3 for Doc, gonna get tickets asap.

• Like 1

I liked this night better the first time 3 years ago.

lol well technically that was for his induction into the HOF. This one's probably more of a formal goodbye and celebration of his time with the Devils specifically, hang a banner up and/or rename the broadcast booth, something like that. Nothing wrong with it...we had seperate ceremonies for Stevens on retiring his number and going to the HOF. We even had two ceremonies for Dano (one a 'night' with bobbleheads just after he retired, then came the number retiring after Stevens' ceremony).

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't like Steve very much, but I will cut him some slack since no one can fill his shoes. Also watching out of town games really helps give me perspective, their are A LOT of bad announcers out there. But I do kind of wish there was an option to watch a game with the commentators muted but the game sounds still live.

And yea, nothing but <3 for Doc, gonna get tickets asap.

I used to be able to sort of fake this, but I don't bother anymore since I don't get Devs games down here in the Philly suburbs. My cable box goes into an Onkyo head, and the Onkyo goes to the big flatscreen for video and out through the stereo speakers for audio. By switching the output of the Onkyo around from straight stereo to 5.1 or 7.1 I was always able to get the announcers track to go dead (sent to a non-existent channel). It's great for football, you can hear the stands and crowd and the local field announcers, but no idiots calling the plays or doing color. Give it a shot if you have an A/V head setup.

I used to be able to sort of fake this, but I don't bother anymore since I don't get Devs games down here in the Philly suburbs. My cable box goes into an Onkyo head, and the Onkyo goes to the big flatscreen for video and out through the stereo speakers for audio. By switching the output of the Onkyo around from straight stereo to 5.1 or 7.1 I was always able to get the announcers track to go dead (sent to a non-existent channel). It's great for football, you can hear the stands and crowd and the local field announcers, but no idiots calling the plays or doing color. Give it a shot if you have an A/V head setup.

Oddly enough my dad has a similar configuration, I'll have to give this a shot, did you have to send the announcers track to a different channel or did it just sort of take care of itself?

lol well technically that was for his induction into the HOF. This one's probably more of a formal goodbye and celebration of his time with the Devils specifically, hang a banner up and/or rename the broadcast booth, something like that. Nothing wrong with it...we had seperate ceremonies for Stevens on retiring his number and going to the HOF. We even had two ceremonies for Dano (one a 'night' with bobbleheads just after he retired, then came the number retiring after Stevens' ceremony).

I have no problem with Doc getting honored and all that, but this is the 2nd time along with like you said Dano and Stevens.

We make fun of the Rags for continuously celebrating 1994 by basically retiring half that teams numbers and constantly having celebrations about it 17 years later. I just do not want the Devils to turn into an organization that just keeps celebrating the same moments over and over again.

It would be nice to see a banner raised for Doc. Since the Pru Center expressively belongs to the Devils, they should be able to raise whatever they want, and something to honor Doc is more than appropriate. I hope it's more than just another painting and speech (which I think it will be).

I have no problem with Doc getting honored and all that, but this is the 2nd time along with like you said Dano and Stevens.

We make fun of the Rags for continuously celebrating 1994 by basically retiring half that teams numbers and constantly having celebrations about it 17 years later. I just do not want the Devils to turn into an organization that just keeps celebrating the same moments over and over again.

I know we're doing 2 this year, but they're both for Hall of Famers. I have no problem with Nieds and Doc getting their due. I grew up with them as much as Stevens and Dano, and Doc has been the best in the business for a long time. We may never see anyone like them again, whereas we've seen multiple Adam Graves since 94.

I see no problem with it.

The last Doc night was to honor his Hall of Fame induction. It was similar to when they honor a player prior to a game for reaching a milestone, like 1,000 games played or whatever.

18dano.jpg

Emrick.story.jpg

Now that he's retired, they're honoring all that he's done, not just an individual accomplishment. And don't forget that, after he retired, Daneyko technically had two nights.

I cant wait to see Doc shed a tear again. I was there at the last game in his honor. It was a touching moment as a fan. I cant wait to hear his voice commentating a Devils game again.

He is a great man and if you ever get the opportunity to talk to him for 30 seconds dont pass it up. Doc is the definition of class act.

doc's the best no doubt, well deserved celebration. just kinda sucks that he got stolen away to call the capitals and penguins games on nbc.

i'm happy with steve... and thank god for chico. i got no complaints we're all getting wiped out 2012 anyhow. enjoy the important things in life.