Cheapest Bars by The Rock!

cheetrum

I heard that Port 44 finally opened a month or 2 ago, but how is it? Last I heard, they have not yet started serving their own brews yet and that the kitchen was not done, so you were allowed to bring your own food. Now I see on a different site a post from someone dated July 1st saying they had a salad there and it was pretty good. Any updates on this place? Is the kitchen open and are they serving their own beer yet?

I heard that Port 44 finally opened a month or 2 ago, but how is it? Last I heard, they have not yet started serving their own brews yet and that the kitchen was not done, so you were allowed to bring your own food. Now I see on a different site a post from someone dated July 1st saying they had a salad there and it was pretty good. Any updates on this place? Is the kitchen open and are they serving their own beer yet?

Kitchen's open, brewery in a couple months.

I end up going to Killkennys because that's my place but it's also very inexpensive relative to places closer to the rock. I also have to give it up to Hell's kitchen as they keep their prices rather inexpensive given their proximity to the arena.

Yeah a buddy of mine says Hells Kitchen is pretty good and that according to him "there are usually some slores there." Not sure about that so how is the crowd really there?

Yeah a buddy of mine says Hells Kitchen is pretty good and that according to him "there are usually some slores there." Not sure about that so how is the crowd really there?

You don't find many people that bitch about Hells other than the fact it gets crowded, thus the reason I avoid. Like alot of places, the farther you are from the Rock the easier it is to find bargains. Alot of people recommend Barros, Quade over glocallynewark seems to swear by their beer selection but I haven't been (I'm a fan of the lunch place which is three buildings over from it). If your adventurous you can try places like Skippers (right next to the college), Mcgoverns or go to any of the random bars in the ironboud.

MMM Bello's might be the best kept secret in the area. Just outside Penn Station (toward the Ironbound, though, not toward the arena) and they have a killer beer selection. Good food too. All very reasonably priced.

Ya I have no clue why I always call it Barros, kind of embarrassing when I pass it every day. How is their food there, I usually end up at Rio Cruz/The lunch place so I have yet to eat over at Bellos.

Ya I have no clue why I always call it Barros, kind of embarrassing when I pass it every day. How is their food there, I usually end up at Rio Cruz/The lunch place so I have yet to eat over at Bellos.

At the advice of several posters here, I too skipped eating at MMM Bello's one time to go to Rio Cruz/The Lunch Place. Best chorizo I ever had.

As for the food at MMM Bello's, I've only had soup and a sandwich and both were very good. My friends all ordered different things -- I don't remember what, though -- but I do remember everyone being satisfied with their meals.

Last season I ended up going to Stadium Sports Bar most of the time. Their specials were 22oz draughts for $4 and Bacardi shots for $1.50.

Last time I drove by though, they were closed.

yea ever since someone was murdered right outside that place it hasnt been opened.

Ya, I wasn't that impressed with the place but then again, BCBG is pricey. Is the spot really that cheep, I have only been there two times I think. I do need to do MMm Bellos at some point.

Really, The Spot's prices are nothing special. They're in a tough spot since the underground garage makes keg lines impractical, so they only have bottled beer. It's my favorite place because of the people who work there. Every time I go, I get so many free shots sent my way that I rarely remember leaving. Good people.

Really, The Spot's prices are nothing special. They're in a tough spot since the underground garage makes keg lines impractical, so they only have bottled beer. It's my favorite place because of the people who work there. Every time I go, I get so many free shots sent my way that I rarely remember leaving. Good people.

Damn you, Litte Steven!!

yea ever since someone was murdered right outside that place it hasnt been opened.

I'm hoping they're just closed for the summer and will open back up at the start of hockey season.. Beer was cheap, atmosphere was fun, and the food was absolutely amazing.. DiG bought me my first shot of Jack there and I've been addicted to the stuff ever since

I went to the Stadium Sports Bar once last season on a warm day. The front door was open, the AC was off, it was too hot inside, the draft beer was warm and was served in cheap plastic mugs, and even though there was a decent-size crowd, almost no one looked like they were going to the game.

I doubt I'll ever go back there. Too many other good bars around.

Edited by 95Crash

I'm hoping they're just closed for the summer and will open back up at the start of hockey season.. Beer was cheap, atmosphere was fun, and the food was absolutely amazing.. DiG bought me my first shot of Jack there and I've been addicted to the stuff ever since

Bartenders HOT

Since I'm usually with my son, I don't get the chance to stop at a bar after the game, I do grab a few during though, hopefully this season. And on a brighter side, I brew my own beer as a hobby, best hobby in the world :cheers: