24/7 Rangers Flyers

Revan

Torts is a coach, Lou's the president, GM and part owner...little difference in terms of clout.

Even more of a reason why Lou would approve it (although I've never heard anyone else say that Lou owns part of the team).. He has more invested in the team and you need to agree to 24/7 to get in the Winter Classic.. Both are huge money makers for the teams involved.. He's a low key guy but he'd simply have to accept (plus Jeff is majority owner so he has the final say)

Edited by Colin226

Even more of a reason why Lou would approve it (although I've never heard anyone else say that Lou owns part of the team).. He has more invested in the team and you need to agree to 24/7 to get in the Winter Classic.. Both are huge money makers for the teams involved.. He's a low key guy but he'd simply have to accept (plus Jeff is majority owner so he has the final say)

Lou hardly ever promoted any of the players during his tenure here. Hell for many years it was hard just to see a highway billboard that promoted the Devils. Do you really think Lou would all of the sudden now allow cameras to follow his players and team throughout their days?

If the Devils ever are in the winter classic and are on 24/7 ( I still think the Devils will never, ever be in the WC) I think it would be because of ownership and not Lou.

Also didn't Lou sell or gave up his stake in the team so therefore he is no longer an owner some time ago?

Andrew, it's personal preference. I prefer not to watch it because i have no interest in the Rangers. I know alot more people who feel the same, including those who won't watch the game to contribute to the ratings (now, that's childish, like it'll really make a big dent in the overall ratings).

I'm not sure how someone's personal preference to not watch something/anything because it does not interest them is childish? :noclue: I don't watch other TV shows for the same reason(s).

I don't know if I'd call it childish, but I do find it funny that in this thread you're talking about avoiding something because the Rangers are involved, yet in another thread you're harping on the Devils fan base's "insecurity" when it comes to the Rangers. :giggle:

Andrew, it's personal preference. I prefer not to watch it because i have no interest in the Rangers. I know alot more people who feel the same, including those who won't watch the game to contribute to the ratings (now, that's childish, like it'll really make a big dent in the overall ratings).

I'm not sure how someone's personal preference to not watch something/anything because it does not interest them is childish? :noclue: I don't watch other TV shows for the same reason. (actually, i watch very little TV outside of hockey/sports so take that with a grain)

So you can call yourself a hockey fan and won't watch a show because the Rangers are on it?

People won't watch Ranger games because it "contributes" to the ratings? I can't wrap my head around the logic of these statements. So I agree with you on how that childish. Maybe it's because I'm actually a HOCKEY FAN.... THEN... a Devils fan... If the Devils aren't on, I watch a bunch of Ranger games. Sure in the spirit of rivalry I don't like them or their fans... but we are lucky to live in an area where we get three teams on all season long and I like to watch as much of it as I can.

I personally love 24/7 because REGARDLESS which teams are on it, it gives an insight into the game that I love so much that we NEVER get to see with the team we support. I've been on too many "VIP Tours" of the Prudential Center where I'm not allowed to enter the Devils locker room, check out some facilities, and on two occasions not even be allowed in the hallway in front of the locker room. Does anyone here know what the Devils locker room, training facilities, and player amenities look like? We aren't allowed to watch practices, camps and so on. We get hardly to no pictures or stories from team functions, parties, and so on. Do a Google image search of the Devils locker room and you get a picture of an empty room from a specific angle and that's it. I could go on and on and on...

Overall watching 24/7 actually makes me wonder if our players have real personalities, tell jokes, do things together, and are allowed to smile.

I don't know if I'd call it childish, but I do find it funny that in this thread you're talking about avoiding something because the Rangers are involved, yet in another thread you're harping on the Devils fan base's "insecurity" when it comes to the Rangers. :giggle:

What's your point? That not watching the 24/7 is rated in the same class as chanting "Rangers suck" during a game vs the Panthers and "FU Sam Rosen" when the Devils score a PP goal?

Really? :rofl:

So you can call yourself a hockey fan and won't watch a show because the Rangers are on it?

So what's the criteria for calling themselves a hockey fan, then? What you watch on TV and why? I don't have NHL Center Ice, so is that a pre-requisite?

Come on Andrew, i'm not going to get involved in yet another NJdevs.com thread when someone doesn't go with the vocal majority, it's time to segregate and point fingers at them.

If you like it, great. However, calling out someone in relation to being a hockey fan is a bit over the top and uncalled for.

So what's the criteria for calling themselves a hockey fan, then? What you watch on TV and why? I don't have NHL Center Ice, so is that a pre-requisite?

Come on Andrew, i'm not going to get involved in yet another NJdevs.com thread when someone doesn't go with the vocal majority, it's time to segregate and point fingers at them.

If you like it, great. However, calling out someone in relation to being a hockey fan is a bit over the top and uncalled for.

Whoa... calm down there Aquaman. No one's calling anyone out. I just simply don't understand why yourself and many other Devils fans will boycott another team to miss out on a show (not because you don't like the concept... but because you don't like a team involved) and also refuse to watch your apparent favorite sport because of a team involved. I'm a huge HOCKEY fan... I've been to ECHL, AHL, NHL, and college games, I watch every international competition (when time allows of course) and have even caught a few KHL games on ESPN3.

Edited by njdevil26

Whoa... calm down there Aquaman. No one's calling anyone out.

"So you can call yourself a hockey fan and won't watch a show because the Rangers are on it?" :noclue:

I just simply don't understand why yourself and many other Devils fans will boycott another team to miss out on a show (not because you don't like the concept... but because you don't like a team involved) and also refuse to watch your apparent favorite sport because of a team involved.

It's not boycotting, either. Boycotting is defined as "To abstain from or act together in abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with as an expression of protest or disfavor or as a means of coercion."

I'm not protesting the Rangers in the WC. I mean i am fvcking amazed they weren't involved sooner.

I'm getting tired of this. As i said, if you enjoy it, great. But pointing fingers at others for not watching it because they have no interest in the team(s) is even a bit over the top for this board.

I'm a huge HOCKEY fan... I've been to ECHL, AHL, NHL, and college games, I watch every international competition (when time allows of course) and have even caught a few KHL games on ESPN3.

Yet, you are trying to tell me you aren't calling anyone out in relation?

Enough Andrew. You know i like you and all, but agree to disagree.

"So you can call yourself a hockey fan and won't watch a show because the Rangers are on it?" :noclue:

It's not boycotting, either. Boycotting is defined as "To abstain from or act together in abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with as an expression of protest or disfavor or as a means of coercion."

I'm not protesting the Rangers in the WC. I mean i am fvcking amazed they weren't involved sooner.

I'm getting tired of this. As i said, if you enjoy it, great. But pointing fingers at others for not watching it because they have no interest in the team(s) is even a bit over the top for this board.

Yet, you are trying to tell me you aren't calling anyone out in relation?

Enough Andrew. You know i like you and all, but agree to disagree.

Whatever's good for you Sgt Pepper... let me know when you can have a debate without being offended.

Eh, if it's not your cup of tea then it's not your cup of tea. I just think it's such a rare chance to see some behind the scenes stuff that, like Andrew says, I'll never see from my own team. Sucks it has to be Rags and Flyers, but I love seeing how these players react to situations and act away from the rink.

This show is really showing me how down to earth a lot of hockey players are. I don't expect that from other sports.

Will do. Let me know when you can stop pointing fingers and letting us all know how big of a fan you are compared to others.

This isn't debating, anyway. It's finger pointing.

How do you know where my fingers are? For all you know I could be sewing jeans for the underprivileged in New Guinea.

What's your point? That not watching the 24/7 is rated in the same class as chanting "Rangers suck" during a game vs the Panthers and "FU Sam Rosen" when the Devils score a PP goal?

Really? :rofl:

My point, to be incredibly blunt about it, is that you're a hypocrite. "Our fan base spends more time obsessing over the Rangers than they do rooting for their own team!" "I obsess over the Rangers so much that I refuse to watch a TV show because they're involved!"

Oh, right, everyone must always agree about everything. No one is allowed to disagree, and discussing said differences in opinion is definitely right out!

I just simply don't understand why yourself and many other Devils fans will boycott another team to miss out on a show (not because you don't like the concept... but because you don't like a team involved) and also refuse to watch your apparent favorite sport because of a team involved.

Ding! And when someone says "I won't watch 24/7 because the Rangers are involved", to me that sounds like they're saying they would watch if the Rangers weren't on, and that's where the hypocrisy comes in for me.

There are, of course, varying levels of this. Don't want to watch a random Rangers regular season game? Fine. Don't want to watch 24/7 because you don't care for the format or you're not interested in the behind-the-scenes stuff? Fair enough. Don't want to watch 24/7 because you saw it last year and didn't like the show? Okay, I can understand that. Don't want to watch 24/7 because the Rangers are involved but you would watch if they weren't in it? Sounds petty to me. Don't want to watch the Winter Classic because the Rangers are in it but you would watch if they weren't? That's where your fandom starts to comes into question. Won't watch the SCF because the Rangers are playing for the Cup? WTF?

Will do. Let me know when you can stop pointing fingers and letting us all know how big of a fan you are compared to others.

This isn't debating, anyway. It's finger pointing.

When you're involved, sure. You're the one who gets all worked up whenever anyone disagrees with you.

People won't watch Ranger games because it "contributes" to the ratings? I can't wrap my head around the logic of these statements. So I agree with you on how that childish. Maybe it's because I'm actually a HOCKEY FAN.... THEN... a Devils fan... If the Devils aren't on, I watch a bunch of Ranger games. Sure in the spirit of rivalry I don't like them or their fans... but we are lucky to live in an area where we get three teams on all season long and I like to watch as much of it as I can.

See I don't get this mentality either. To me when someone says they're a hockey fan over being a Devils fan, that means they'll watch Detroit-Chicago over say, Devils-Phoenix on the same night - which I can't understand if you're a real fan of a specific team. Plus you almost have to get into a team at 'some' point to get into the sport as a whole anyway. I care about how something affects the Devils before I care about how it affects the league. That doesn't mean I don't care how it affects the league, it just isn't my first priority. Plus I just can't watch any other team consistently, even those I might have a soft spot for like the Sabres or anyone else.

I do agree with most of the other stuff you and Rowdy posted though. To me 24/7 isn't a Ranger-Flyer program although it involves the two teams. It's about personalities, routines, stuff you don't see every day. Watching that doesn't mean you like the game more than your team, you're just curious about what these guys go through. Especially since sports fans, by and large probably know the least about hockey players and their daily routine (at least here) than any of the other 'major' sports.

The Ranger fluff programs that were mentioned I think are more or less profiles of specific players. That I don't need to see, and those programs aren't designed with me in mind anyway. The 24/7 series doesn't really go that in depth for any one person, it gives you snapshots of who they are and it's designed for 'any' hockey fan to watch.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I have been around the Devils for along time there is no way that they will be in the Winter Classic anytime soon. The networks don't want to show the Devils games. The NHL doesn't want the Devils on TV they are an embarrassment to the league, inconsistent play and financial problems owing money, paying rent and potential bankruptcy. It's just not going to happen.

When McMullen owned the Devils, Lou had a small piece of the action/ownership. When Yankee/Net bought the Devils I think Lou retained that small piece. When Vanderbeek and his group bought I don't know if Lou retained that small piece or the concession was his son works for the Devils in an executive position.

Happy and healthy New Year to all.

My point, to be incredibly blunt about it, is that you're a hypocrite. "Our fan base spends more time obsessing over the Rangers than they do rooting for their own team!" "I obsess over the Rangers so much that I refuse to watch a TV show because they're involved!"

In this case, you're trying to group me in as obsessing over the Rangers because i have no interest in them as some sort of "insecurity". Then you try to group that in with the "Rangers Suck" chanters and the FU Sam Rosen people i refer to as insecure.

As i said before....Really?

We've got enough people who don't attend Devils games or support them. I think that requires more attention and levels of giving a sh!t more then who watches a TV show.

When you're involved, sure. You're the one who gets all worked up whenever anyone disagrees with you.

Whatever you feel about me has no real bearing here. I'll defend myself when i have to especially on this one. I am certainly not going to let people put words in my mouth, cast judgments or point fingers over my prefernce of not having an interest in a TV show.

Edited by SJP20

Personally, I don't have a problem with the Rags being in the WC since they haven't been before. What irritates me are the teams like Philthy and Pitts who've been in twice. My understanding when the WC concept was first introduced was that each US team would have a chance to participate. We now know that's not going to happen. The Western conference teams are really being snubbed, with the exception of Chicago-Detroit. If the NHL would think outside the box in terms of locations, any of those teams could be the road team.

As for 24/7, it's been interesting so far, but I thought last year's was better. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see Torts yelling at the Rags with food stains on his shirt.^_^

I have been around the Devils for along time there is no way that they will be in the Winter Classic anytime soon. The networks don't want to show the Devils games. The NHL doesn't want the Devils on TV they are an embarrassment to the league, inconsistent play and financial problems owing money, paying rent and potential bankruptcy. It's just not going to happen.

Didn't the Sabres go bankrupt? They hosted a classic. And if the Devils become elite again there's no reason why they shouldn't be involved in one.

Didn't the Sabres go bankrupt? They hosted a classic. And if the Devils become elite again there's no reason why they shouldn't be involved in one.

Devils can elite for years and they still won't ever get to be in the winter classic. Nbc decides who is in the classic and nj is not exactly a nationally recognized market.

And Buffalo is a recognized market?! If I remember correctly that is a region that loses a record amount of its population every year and has one of the worst economys in the country.

ESPN,FOX, NBC, and CBS always say on TV and online East Rutherford, NJ and Florham Park, NJ as where the Giants and Jets train and are headquartered. Also most sports fans around the country by now know that the Giants and Jets play in The Meadowlands at East Rutherford, NJ; they say it every damn broadcast. Plus New Jersey is hosting the Super Bowl in 2014!! I think we just might get the Winter Classic in NJ at MetLife after the Super Bowl.

If they don't include the Devils in a Winter Classic at MetLife Stadium the NHL would be sorely remissed giving that our original home of 25 years is across Rte 120 from the Stadium!

Couple all the above with all the reality shows, which I despise, about Jersey and with how many movies and TV series that have been set in and starred New Jersey in the last 15 years, I think the country has damn good idea about where NJ is and that we are nationally known!