GDT Blue Jackets @ Devils

NHLeBeau44

columbus is not a crummy team, they are actually halfway decent but their goaltending has been terrible - sanford has really stabilized that.

Agreed. When they made all the changes to their roster during the offseason, I thought they were serious about improving their team. I was really shocked when they started out so bad, and I think a lot of that had to do with how bad Mason started, as well as losing Wiz at the start of the season with the suspension. I expected them to be better than their start, and maybe they are finally starting to show it. I don't think they are a crummy team at all.

Lmfao, Boll? For serious? Holy sh!t.

Must have been because of his uhh sssss- uhhh what's the word? his uhhh sss-- (un)symmetrical nostrils.

Anyone else catch Chico's comments on Boll's nostrils? That is almost CroMag worthy, honestly. Chico's never cracked me up so much.

columbus is not a crummy team, they are actually halfway decent but their goaltending has been terrible - sanford has really stabilized that.

Agreed. It is amazing how much a goalie giving up a soft goal in the first 5 mins can kill a teams mojo. Mason did this often. So good for the Devils, because time will prove CBJ are much better than their record indicates.

And Boll as the first star? In NJ nonetheless! I understand if the game were in CBus since he is a fan favorite. But I just don't get it.

Take 2 points move on! Some work needs to be done, and getting kovy back to LW might help him out a bit. He has been LW his whole career now he is at RW (i think of it as being a left handed person that is forced to do everything right handed). I say this because he does drift back to LW it seems.

Two undeserved points, but I'm not turning them down.

5 regulation wins, 5 shootout wins, and 1 OT win. Everyone from VBK to Lou to DeBoer to the players should be thankful today that they have a winning record. Lots of luck involved with this 11-8-1 mark. Scary to think where they might be without their absurd penalty-killing prowess.

Marty's Herculean efforts last night brought his save% up to .900. Glad to see it.

I can see why Kovalchuk has trouble on the cycle, it is hard to cycle on your offwing, you tend to want to use the point rather then keep it down low.

Which to me is just fine. I think shots and shot attempts per game by NJ defensemen at even strength are way down this year as compared to last. At least it feels that way.

Which to me is just fine. I think shots and shot attempts per game by NJ defensemen at even strength are way down this year as compared to last. At least it feels that way.

They probably are. Fayne and Greene are at a shot a game while Larsson and Tallinder are on pace for 106 shots. When you have pluggers eating a lot of minutes the points won't get fed, they will keep the puck down low. Tedenby is probably the worst at keeping the puck low when he could feed the point and he has excellent skill.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

do we keep zack and kovy together till travis gets back? they just seem to be pressing too much and forcing the puck to each other

if they dont product 3 even Strength goals in this isles series I'd break them up. 1+1=1.5 for these two

kovy, zach and patrik should be anchors on 3 solid lines

He hasn't been our best offensive player at all.

Obviously so far this season he hasn't. I was talking in a more general sense. Kovy is the most talented offensive player on this team.

He's not getting the support he needs to produce however. He's constantly in a playmaking role, and lately on the right wing. He needs to play LW and he needs playmaking talent on his line. He's a sniper type of player if there ever was one. If you're not gonna build your team around making your $100M sniper produce, then I don't see the point in bringing him here.

This game should not have had to go into a shootout. How we let them shoot 36 shots is beyind me but ill take the points.

I definitely know what ur talkin about by saying parise and kovy force the puck to one another because it was easy to see in that pass from kovy in front of the net, interesting. Bring it tomorrow boys