NFL Week 15

CRASHER

OK, so I actually missed what looked like a damn good game last night... ah well... not like I wasn't shutting out fellow board members or anything (power to the goalie!!!

:boogie: )... anyway, you know the drill.... mid-December football... Super Bowl teams are MADE here and now... and the losers start making excuses and draft boards....

Thursday Dec 11:

Saints at Bears:

Well we know what happened and why... and be honest the Saints have been spotty at BEST all year anyway, so this should come as no shock to anyone, defense is spotty...the running game was disappointing and the defense was eh at best... damn shame becuase Drew Brees is putting up MVP level numbers... but the Bears got guts... and they got Kyle Orton (I'd take him over Romo in a HEARTBEAT, no joke) a TON of guts to come back after blowing a 21-7 lead and still win the game... certain teams with Huggy Bear coaches and "talent" up the wazoo could learn a LOT from this gut filled effort here....

(I had picked the Bears in the office pool too)

Game Quality: ***

Sunday December 14:

Tampa at Atlanta:

Put this sh!t on the TV in front of me... this is gonna be good!! Home field owns in the NFC South, but if Tampa loses two in a row in the division... you can almost forget them and both teams are dogfighting (insert Vick reference HERE) to be the team to walk in when the Cowboys fall apart starting oh... 6 days ago :P ..Both of these teams have clearly overachieved thanks to the crappy NFC South Schedule, but when in doubt take the home cooking and I don't really like Tampa's offense (Antonio Bryant... 200 yard game or not... CMON!), the Falcons have more weapons to go around and an underrated defense... should be a good watch though!

Prediction: Falcons

Washington at Cincinatti:

To: Redskins

Merry Christmas, give the ball to Portis LOTS

Prediction: Redskins

Game Quality: DUD

Titans at Texicans:

Houston has been playing better and doing well and is trying to get themselves to 9-7 and a MAJOR step in the right direction.... that ends this week... Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton are wonderful stories and all but the joy ride ends here as the Titans try to get ready for the NFL's main event this year, I don't expect the Texcians to roll over and die, but they're not gonna pull this one out...

Prediction: Titans

Packers at Jaguars:

a tale of disappointments... the Packers have been bad on the run and a beat-up defense that just wasn't as good as it was last year... hell it's been the fault of everyone BUT the young QB this year (but hey ESPN will tell you it was Favre's "veteran presence"... you know that same one that took his ball and left when he couldn't get Randy Moss (don't worry Coles is just as good... at least at the mouth part :P)... and the Jaguars have had nothing go their way all year wrong... all the strengths backfired and the passing game never got better and Garrard throws more INT's in games then all last season...shame this wasn't 2 weeks earlier when they were deluding for playoff hopes....Could be a fun game to watch and the Packers are a long shot but still there for the NFC North, and maybe a wild card if mass epic fails happen....I might still watch this to spite other fans coming my way in the bar :P

Prediction: Packers (more to prove here)

Game Quality: **

49ers at Miami:

Don't look now... Frisco is going for the AFC East Hat Trick... but they've already done their job... they sent the Bills fans packing to Carolina... they shut up Jet Nation and idiot talks of Super Bowls without buying the PS3 version....and really... 3 in a row?? They pull this off and Singletary is the coach of the year...on the Miami side this is a GOTTA have game... they run the table they are your AFC East CHAMPIONS (and Chad should send a hat and t-shirt to Favre in thanks)... and I don't think Miami's gonna slip up on their end going into the Meadowlands in 3 weeks....I do expect the 49ers to put up on HELL of a fight though.... (I still say the 49ers should have to interview a WHITE coach before they hire Singletary... I'd say something about this being racist and pout and fire slapshots but only Brian gets the joke :P)

Prediction: Dolphins = DESTINY!

Game Quality: *** 1/2

Chargers at Chiefs:

Neither one of these teams care this year... why should I?

Prediction: Chargers

Detroit at Colts:

To: Colts

Sorry we made it so hard on you to start the season. We still love you Peyton, please don't stop doing every commercial we ask you to do... we promise... no one will call you sloppy seconds!

Prediction: Colts

Toronto at NY Jets:

It's been 2 games since the Bills scored a TD... PERIOD... they're probably due one or two here... not to mention JP is always good for ONE bomb to Lee Evans on the Jets and it usually kills them....and we know all about the Jet Mantra here (and awesomely fitting how they rhyme with Mets which is now an legit synonym for the word COLLAPSE in any dictionary of merit!)... you'd like to think the Bills are done, nothing to play for and still feeling the air come out of their sails.... but this is the Jets... though I have noticed my NY team predictions seem to run amuck when I pick them.... so in a moment of Satan's Devils.....

Prediction: J-E-T-S... jets jets jets!!!!

Game Quality: ** 1/2 (for rivalry ad Jet need of the win)

4pm:

Vikings at Arizona:

So basically the Cardinals know they are #3 or #4 now... the thing is do they want to play the 5 team or the 6 team, don't think either will be easy here... and to be honest I would expect either Wild Card team to beat either Divison Winner at this point anyway.... the Vikings win out and they are in... the Cards want to show they can beat a relevant team... this has the makings of a VERY fun football game... add in some Tavares Jackson comedy and this could be a slobberknocker!!!! Even with some GOOD 4pm games this deserves a look at!

Prediction: Vikings (side with the guys who need it more)

Game Quality: ****

Steelers at Ravens:

After their early Christmas thanks to Garrett and Romo, the Steelers walk into Baltimore with a chance to stomp and put away the AFC North and probably the 2-seed with a stomping of the Ravens.. who have the most amusing pop-gun offense in the league, beat up RB's all over the place and a QB who is already icing himself down for the beating he will take on Sunday... the Steelers are no thing of beauty on offense either, but they have the HORRIBLE HANKIE!!! When in doubt take the team with more balance and that's the Steelers, besides... let's let Manta squirm for next week :P

Prediction: Steelers and lots of ice packs!!!

Denver at Carolina:

Man if you could combine these teams... Cutler and Marshall with the Panther running game and front 4 with the Denver secondary... oh what a Super team it would be.... Denver has no flow, or consistency to their game all year and Carolina is trying to put the foot on the gas and put away a bye week and not to mention stick their foot up the ass of the Giants for home field in the playoffs (when you see that the Panthers do NOT lose at home you know this matters!)... so yeah when you look at it like a true football guru (which means you screw it up :P)....the answer is obvious...

Prediction: Carolina (CMON CLOWN!)

Game Quality: *** 3/4

Patriots at Raiders:

To: New England

Please don't videotape this one... no one wants to see this one ONCE nonetheless twice.....

(PS sorry about Cassel's dad... now go let him be Brett Favre so he can whine about not having Moss to throw to again)

Prediction: Patriots

8pm:

NY Giants at Dallas:

No Brandon Jacobs... messed up Antonio Pierce.... Cowboys WR's are crying (can Roy Williams stuff him in a locker somewhere and stick HuggyBear Wade in there with him??)...both these teams kinda need this one, the Giants will hear MAJOR "can they do it without Plaxico" if they blow this one...but the Cowboys have ZERO heart and less effort and killer instinct (all you need is look at last week's 4th Quarter....) the QB is Danny White 2.0 and it's just a sad joke in Dallas now... the Giants do us a favor and end this soap opera here and NOW

Prediction: Giants

Game Quality: ** (this is a knock on Dallas cause they will NOT hold up their end....)

Monday December 15

Browns at Eagles:

To: Romeo Cornell

Don't worry when the Browns fire you for assing up this year we'll launch a full-blown invstigation because incompetence is NO reason to fire a black coach!!! (just ask Herm)....

Prediction: Eagles

Game Quality: **... oh wait... Heroes is doing the mid-season Finale... *

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I actually missed what looked like a damn good game last night... ah well... not like I wasn't shutting out fellow board members or anything (power to the goalie!!!

:boogie: )... anyway, you know the drill.... mid-December football... Super Bowl teams are MADE here and now... and the losers start making excuses and draft boards....

Thursday Dec 11:

Saints at Bears: Hmm... Bears 27 Saints 24... just a prediction :P

Well we know what happened and why... and be honest the Saints have been spotty at BEST all year anyway, so this should come as no shock to anyone, defense is spotty...the running game was disappointing and the defense was eh at best... damn shame becuase Drew Brees is putting up MVP level numbers... but the Bears got guts... and they got Kyle Orton (I'd take him over Romo in a HEARTBEAT, no joke) a TON of guts to come back after blowing a 21-7 lead and still win the game... certain teams with Huggy Bear coaches and "talent" up the wazoo could learn a LOT from this gut filled effort here....

(I had picked the Bears in the office pool too)

Sunday December 14:

Tampa at Atlanta: Agreed, Falcons, Roddy White better have a huge game for my fantasy team!

Put this sh!t on the TV in front of me... this is gonna be good!! Home field owns in the NFC South, but if Tampa loses two in a row in the division... you can almost forget them and both teams are dogfighting (insert Vick reference HERE) to be the team to walk in when the Cowboys fall apart starting oh... 6 days ago :P ..Both of these teams have clearly overachieved thanks to the crappy NFC South Schedule, but when in doubt take the home cooking and I don't really like Tampa's offense (Antonio Bryant... 200 yard game or not... CMON!), the Falcons have more weapons to go around and an underrated defense... should be a good watch though!

Prediction: Falcons

Washington at Cincinatti: Bengals tie another NFC East team...or the Skins win

To: Redskins

Merry Christmas, give the ball to Portis LOTS

Prediction: Redskins

Titans at Texicans: Titans win a shootout

Houston has been playing better and doing well and is trying to get themselves to 9-7 and a MAJOR step in the right direction.... that ends this week... Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton are wonderful stories and all but the joy ride ends here as the Titans try to get ready for the NFL's main event this year, I don't expect the Texcians to roll over and die, but they're not gonna pull this one out...

Prediction: Titans

Packers at Jaguars: Jags for the hell of it

a tale of disappointments... the Packers have been bad on the run and a beat-up defense that just wasn't as good as it was last year... hell it's been the fault of everyone BUT the young QB this year (but hey ESPN will tell you it was Favre's "veteran presence"... you know that same one that took his ball and left when he couldn't get Randy Moss (don't worry Coles is just as good... at least at the mouth part :P)... and the Jaguars have had nothing go their way all year wrong... all the strengths backfired and the passing game never got better and Garrard throws more INT's in games then all last season...shame this wasn't 2 weeks earlier when they were deluding for playoff hopes....Could be a fun game to watch and the Packers are a long shot but still there for the NFC North, and maybe a wild card if mass epic fails happen....I might still watch this to spite other fans coming my way in the bar :P

Prediction: Packers (more to prove here)

Game Quality: **

49ers at Miami: Phins

Don't look now... Frisco is going for the AFC East Hat Trick... but they've already done their job... they sent the Bills fans packing to Carolina... they shut up Jet Nation and idiot talks of Super Bowls without buying the PS3 version....and really... 3 in a row?? They pull this off and Singletary is the coach of the year...on the Miami side this is a GOTTA have game... they run the table they are your AFC East CHAMPIONS (and Chad should send a hat and t-shirt to Favre in thanks)... and I don't think Miami's gonna slip up on their end going into the Meadowlands in 3 weeks....I do expect the 49ers to put up on HELL of a fight though.... (I still say the 49ers should have to interview a WHITE coach before they hire Singletary... I'd say something about this being racist and pout and fire slapshots but only Brian gets the joke :P)

Prediction: Dolphins = DESTINY!

Game Quality: *** 1/2

Chargers at Chiefs: Zzzzz...Chiefs I guess

Neither one of these teams care this year... why should I?

Prediction: Chargers

Detroit at Colts: Colts and Peyton Manning dropping 400 yds and 6 tds... for my fantasy team

Sorry we made it so hard on you to start the season. We still love you Peyton, please don't stop doing every commercial we ask you to do... we promise... no one will call you sloppy seconds!

Toronto at NY Jets: lol Toronto...Jetz win

It's been 2 games since the Bills scored a TD... PERIOD... they're probably due one or two here... not to mention JP is always good for ONE bomb to Lee Evans on the Jets and it usually kills them....and we know all about the Jet Mantra here (and awesomely fitting how they rhyme with Mets which is now an legit synonym for the word COLLAPSE in any dictionary of merit!)... you'd like to think the Bills are done, nothing to play for and still feeling the air come out of their sails.... but this is the Jets... though I have noticed my NY team predictions seem to run amuck when I pick them.... so in a moment of Satan's Devils.....

Prediction: J-E-T-S... jets jets jets!!!!

Game Quality: ** 1/2 (for rivalry ad Jet need of the win)

4pm:

Vikings at Arizona: Cards in a slobberknocker...a drug induced, Jeff Hardy aerial attack (Cards) vs. the ground & pound Kurt Angle-esque (though less douche-baggy), technical Vikes...just to one up you here :P

So basically the Cardinals know they are #3 or #4 now... the thing is do they want to play the 5 team or the 6 team, don't think either will be easy here... and to be honest I would expect either Wild Card team to beat either Divison Winner at this point anyway.... the Vikings win out and they are in... the Cards want to show they can beat a relevant team... this has the makings of a VERY fun football game... add in some Tavares Jackson comedy and this could be a slobberknocker!!!! Even with some GOOD 4pm games this deserves a look at!

Prediction: Vikings (side with the guys who need it more)

Steelers at Ravens: Ravens.

After their early Christmas thanks to Garrett and Romo, the Steelers walk into Baltimore with a chance to stomp and put away the AFC North and probably the 2-seed with a stomping of the Ravens.. who have the most amusing pop-gun offense in the league, beat up RB's all over the place and a QB who is already icing himself down for the beating he will take on Sunday... the Steelers are no thing of beauty on offense either, but they have the HORRIBLE HANKIE!!! When in doubt take the team with more balance and that's the Steelers, besides... let's let Manta squirm for next week :P

Prediction: Steelers and lots of ice packs!!!

Denver at Carolina: Denver so Clown needs a new team :P

Man if you could combine these teams... Cutler and Marshall with the Panther running game and front 4 with the Denver secondary... oh what a Super team it would be.... Denver has no flow, or consistency to their game all year and Carolina is trying to put the foot on the gas and put away a bye week and not to mention stick their foot up the ass of the Giants for home field in the playoffs (when you see that the Panthers do NOT lose at home you know this matters!)... so yeah when you look at it like a true football guru (which means you screw it up :P)....the answer is obvious...

Prediction: Carolina (CMON CLOWN!)

Game Quality: *** 3/4

Patriots at Raiders: Pats, Cassel drops 300 and 4 tds

To: New England

Please don't videotape this one... no one wants to see this one ONCE nonetheless twice.....

(PS sorry about Cassel's dad... now go let him be Brett Favre so he can whine about not having Moss to throw to again)

Prediction: Patriots

8pm:

NY Giants at Dallas: G-MEN...Glad to see you are bowing down to the greatness that is the New York Giants :P

No Brandon Jacobs... messed up Antonio Pierce.... Cowboys WR's are crying (can Roy Williams stuff him in a locker somewhere and stick HuggyBear Wade in there with him??)...both these teams kinda need this one, the Giants will hear MAJOR "can they do it without Plaxico" if they blow this one...but the Cowboys have ZERO heart and less effort and killer instinct (all you need is look at last week's 4th Quarter....) the QB is Danny White 2.0 and it's just a sad joke in Dallas now... the Giants do us a favor and end this soap opera here and NOW

Prediction: Giants

Game Quality: ** (this is a knock on Dallas cause they will NOT hold up their end....)

Monday December 15

Browns at Eagles: I want the Browns to win, but in all likelyhood, it'll be the hot Iggles

To: Romeo Cornell

Don't worry when the Browns fire you for assing up this year we'll launch a full-blown invstigation because incompetence is NO reason to fire a black coach!!! (just ask Herm)....

Prediction: Eagles

Game Quality: **... oh wait... Heroes is doing the mid-season Finale... *

Report: Terrell Owens-Tony Romo rift

BY OHM YOUNGMISUK

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, December 12th 2008, 12:36 PM

Terrell Owens apparently isn't feeling any love from his quarterback. Again.

According to ESPN, Owens has expressed growing resentment toward Tony Romo and the quarterback's close relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that Owens believes Romo and Witten, road roommates, hold private meetings in which they draw up plays the two will use in games without incorporating Owens. The volatile wide receiver apparently believes Romo throws to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.

This drama in Dallas comes days before Sunday night's critical clash with the Giants. The Cowboys (8-5) are fighting for a playoff berth with games against Baltimore and Philadelphia remaining on the schedule.

"I don't know anything about that," coach Wade Phillips said Thursday when asked if there is a rift. "We've thrown for a lot of yards with a lot of players. There's no favoritism there."

Witten leads the Cowboys with 64 receptions for 771 yards and three touchdowns while Owens is second with 55 catches for 848 yards and nine touchdowns.

However, according to the Elias Sports Bureau, Romo has thrown to Owens 87 times while targeting Witten 80 times.

Owens declined comment to ESPN. But in an appearance in New York last month, Owens told the Daily News that he was frustrated with his role and that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett had to find a way to get him more involved.

"There are a number of things that the offensive coordinator has to do to get me involved," Owens said on Nov. 11 when the Cowboys were 5-4. "It is frustrating because I want to win and I am a competitor. I know what I've done in the offseason to compete and work at this level. I know my role on this team and that is to make plays, and when I am not making plays and I am not having success, then you know, I am not having fun."

One Cowboys player told ESPN that Owens was beginning to act the way he did in San Francisco and Philadelphia when his battles with quarterbacks Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb led to major dissension. Owens' rift with McNabb tore the Eagles apart.

"He's insecure about it," the Dallas player said. "The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is that it's always something with him - San Fran, Philly and here. Always something. And he brings other people into it. He talks to (wide receivers) Sam Hurd and Roy Williams, who just got here and doesn't really know these guys. T.O. talks to him and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball.

"That's so far from the truth."

Romo has been known to go out of his way to appease Owens, but one teammate suggested that the quarterback is growing frustrated with his star receiver, although the two have not confronted one another, according to the ESPN report.

After the Steelers returned a Romo interception - on a pass intended for Witten - for the decisive touchdown in a 20-13 loss to Pittsburgh last Sunday, Owens, who was seen screaming at a Cowboys assistant coach, suggested that Romo made the wrong decision on the play.

Sunday December 14:

Detroit at Colts:

I disagree. The Lions are going for The Perfect Season. All of their games should be at least **** until they win or tie.

Wow one person writes bashing the patheticness of the Cowboys... and one takes it as Giant greatness :P

Don't anger me this close to my awful birthday!!! :rant:

I was just screwing around...they absolutely sucked last week. If they don't come out with some fire in their bellies Sunday night, I am going to be extremely worried about this team.

Jauron for coach of the year! :lol:

Wow, what a bonehead call. I know what he's thinking, six seconds before the two-minute warning, you can get away with calling a pass - but man, the MapleBills were running on us all day. The Jet defense AGAIN didn't show up, Lynch and Jackson were routinely outmuscling five tacklers on the same play - this is not an exaggeration, sadly :rolleyes:

You could tell seeing the Jets walk into the locker room, there was no celebrating. They know they were handed one. Hopefully they SOMEHOW win a West Coast game then they can at least have destiny in their hands Week 17.

Jauron for coach of the year! :lol:

Wow, what a bonehead call. I know what he's thinking, six seconds before the two-minute warning, you can get away with calling a pass - but man, the MapleBills were running on us all day. The Jet defense AGAIN didn't show up, Lynch and Jackson were routinely outmuscling five tacklers on the same play - this is not an exaggeration, sadly :rolleyes:

You could tell seeing the Jets walk into the locker room, there was no celebrating. They know they were handed one. Hopefully they SOMEHOW win a West Coast game then they can at least have destiny in their hands Week 17.

I have a feeling its gonna come down to Jets vs Dolphins Week 17, winner wins the AFC East/goes to playoffs, loser goes home with nothing..

And how fitting would it be if Chad leads the fish past the Jets? UGH I dont even wanna think of it but that game is getting more and more important

>Wow talk about bonehead plays by coaches: Fisher goes for it on 4th and 2 when he had Bironas having a big game on the bench.. it would have been a 49 yard FG.. he didnt even run it, he went with the pass.. and Collins was having a crappy day anyway.. what a dumbass, looks like the Texans pull an upset

Strange strange strange

Edited by nmigliore

Titans blew by not going for the field goal late in their game.. that wouldve given them the lead... Never leave points. Take the points and the lead late in a game and tell your defense to make a stand. Fisher made a bad mistake (if it was his choice).

So deceiving, it isn't even funny. You look at the Jets 'D stats on paper from a distance. 4th best run defense, 25 forced fumbles, (from 13 different players) 40 sacks, 14 interceptions, (by 8 different players) a franchise high 5 TD's. It al sounds so wondeful. But if you watch the games, it's beyond sad. No one is covered, no one can tackle, no one steps up. :noclue: I just don't understand it.

The run defense WAS good till the last three weeks, maybe the big guy is wearing down in the middle. I mean he hasn't played a full season in what, three years? The pass defense has been atrocious all season, if you can't pass for 200 against the Jets (cough JP cough) you don't belong in the NFL. The pass rush can be okay when Sutton decides to use it :P

CONGRATS TO GANG GREEN! Let's run the table now, finish 11-5, and win a fvcking division title!

*Props to Tony Richardson! The guy's got 30 yrds from his past 3 carries.

*Props to Thomas Jones! New franchise record w/13. (sorry Curtis :( )

*Props to Leon Washington! Personal best 8 TD's for the season.

*Props to Shaun Ellis! Game MVP, could've possibly saved this season. Saved his best game of the year for today. 11 tackles, (season high) fumble recovery, 2 blocked passes, and a TD.

I love how there's no Seahawks/Rams preview and no one noticed or cared.

...I should now note that I only care because I want my team to lose. Go high draft pick!

and then I go use Stephen Jackson to help win my playoff game.... go figure :lol: