18 replies to this topic

#1 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Has anyone considered an online petition?? Letting the NHL owners know that if this season get cancelled they will lose fans?? Diehard fans?? Do you think we can put together a petition where diehard fans pledge to reduce their fandom if this season get cancelled?

that could mean attending less games, buying less apparel, anything to ge ttheir attention. And we all know the ONLY way they listen to the fans is if we pledge to STOP spending money on their products>

If we can get a strongly worded petition, and circulate it to fans of other team maybe we cna get 2 or 3 million signatures, I thin kthat might get some attention?

Anyway hopefully someone far mor eloquent than me can get this started....

I'm tired of this crap and feel like the fans need an avenue to let our anger be known!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Edited by redruM, 03 December 2012 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#2 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Personally, just my opinion, I think the failure of mediation just drives home the point that the owners have absolutely NO intention of letting anyone tell them how to run their business. It couldn't hurt, but I seriously doubt it will have any affect at all.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

There was a bunch of initial protesting petitions with large numbers and they did nothing to the process. Its too anonymous, 1 million faceless mass signed an online petition? Whoo dee doo.

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

If you want to sign a petition go ahead. It'll accomplish as much as the recent petition on the White House website to begin construction of the Death Star.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#5 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

The NHL and NHLPA know about the fans anger. The thing is that they just do not care. How many times have people signed pledges or petitions only not to follow through eventually? I am guessing the % is in the high 90's and they know that.

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

There was a bunch of initial protesting petitions with large numbers and they did nothing to the process. Its too anonymous, 1 million faceless mass signed an online petition? Whoo dee doo.

I tried farting into a large gust of wind but even that did nothing

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#7 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

There was a petition with tens of thousands of people on it a few months ago, sadly it has the same amount of worth as toilet paper.

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 December 2012 - 07:00 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#8 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

There was a petition with tens of thousands of people on it a few months ago, sadly it has the same amount of worth as toilet paper.

Toilet paper is worth a lot more. Ever had the runs?

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#9 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

If you want to sign a petition go ahead. It'll accomplish as much as the recent petition on the White House website to begin construction of the Death Star.

wait there's a petition onthe white house website to build a death star?? Defintiely signing that 1!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#10 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Well I'm not sure what else to do,

I g'tee if the season is cancelled, I will not go to another game for at least the next few years, I will NOT buy any NHL gear ( unless devs win cup). and for those who think I'm blowing smoke, after '94 I gave up baseball.. Have not watch a full ining of baseball since, and with the exception of the '98 parade have not really cared either...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#11 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

As soon as the lockout is over, my center ice subscription will kick in, and i'll go back to watching the Devils. Oh well, I enjoy hockey.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#12 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hmmm center Ice should be exceedingly cheap this year....

#13 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hmmm center Ice should be exceedingly cheap this year....

True that. And they added an Xbox app so I no longer have to watch on my laptop!

#14 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

True that. And they added an Xbox app so I no longer have to watch on my laptop!

Is that only if you have gamecenter? I usually just get center ice which is only for my cablebox.

#15 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Is that only if you have gamecenter? I usually just get center ice which is only for my cablebox.

Whoa, I wonder if the benefits of gamecenter now outweigh center ice. How's the quality on gamecenter through the box?

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#16 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Whoa, I wonder if the benefits of gamecenter now outweigh center ice. How's the quality on gamecenter through the box?

i think the gamecenter quality when streaming it off of nhl.com is pretty good. however it might not be great for apps. My friend let me use his gamecenter account with the nhl gamecenter app i had for my droid and the quality was terrible. I hope the xbox quality is better than the android app quality.

#17 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,184 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

I can't speak for xbox as I haven't tried it on there yet but the ps3 and roku quality is fantastic, all in hd if you have an hdtv as well plus it let's you go back and watch any game you missed from the current season and it let's you watch games from like the past 4 seasons plus classic games.

#18 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I tried farting into a large gust of wind but even that did nothing

If we all did that, a million strong, i think that might do the trick though :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#19 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

No in seats games for me this year. I have plenty of Devils hats and shirts.

I would stand outside and not go into the game if the press was there and the growd was big enough to send a message to the owners otherwise I will see the Rock on my way to the Ironbound for lunch or dinner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users