Sammy Sosa became the 5th player all time

LOTCB

I was a big Sosa fan on the mid to late 90's...had a Sosa shirt, bobble head doll...bought his baseball cards etc...but I have really soured on Sosa...I thought it was kind of sad to see Sosa hit #600 in Texas playing for a crap team and really not getting the buzz this event would normally receive because of his past and steroid suspicions...

Now Sosa has not officially been caught using the juice right??? Should people feel the way they do about Sosa because of a suspicion, is that fair, or is it just?

I'll be straight I'm not up to buff on the juice allegations but have there been any about him...there's a big difference that I see is it looks almost obvious that Bonds shot up and he's a d!ck anyway so that's why there's a big cloud around him...not sure if the same can be said about Sosa...that and he's not really going to challenge such a milestone like Juicy McJuice Juice....

I have to give him props for coming back. I also was once a huge Say It Ain't Sosa fan. But liked him better when he was a bonafide 30/30 threat.

He has managed to put together a productive season thus far in the HR and RBI department. Too bad it's on a laughingstock.

I was a big Sosa fan on the mid to late 90's...had a Sosa shirt, bobble head doll...bought his baseball cards etc...but I have really soured on Sosa...I thought it was kind of sad to see Sosa hit #600 in Texas playing for a crap team and really not getting the buzz this event would normally receive because of his past and steroid suspicions...

Now Sosa has not officially been caught using the juice right??? Should people feel the way they do about Sosa because of a suspicion, is that fair, or is it just?

I think part of it's just that numbers themselves don't carry the same weight they used to with the bandbox parks, possibly juiced balls and definitely juiced players. Plus it's been three years since Sosa was a major player anyway, he's basically hung on for the last 30+ HR's to put up the 600 number so that's also part of the reason it hasn't got much attention.

Sosa was caught cheating, just not with the juice (with cork). And he cut a laughable figure in front of Congress but it was a smarter approach than McGwire took obviously since Sosa largely escaped the wrath McGwire got. I also remember him getting testy when Rick Reilly - an SI writer - dared him to take a steroid test after Sosa had said he'd be first in line to take a test if the union ever approved testing.

Sosa is a tragic story of the fall of a hero figure who got too full of himself. I don't think he used cork to hit everyone of those homers, but that bat shoulda never been in the stadium.

yay Sosa. Whoopdi-doo. Go sign with the Tigers and get yourself a Series ring!

As for Brett. - He did cheat. He broke a rule, and got caught. That's the tricky part.

It aint cheatin unless you get caught. He did. yer out.

but.... Yer right, Lee McPhail (former Yankee GM) gets to jab $teinbrenner. A B.S. call I.M.O. He shoulda stuck by his ump and the rule.

MLB.com

"Naturally, the incensed Royals protested the game. And a week later, A.L. President Lee McPhail decided to uphold the protest, stating that Brett

Edited by Masked Fan

With Brett, I have to wonder why the Umpire didn't notice the bat at the time Brett was in his batting stance. If it was noticable from the Yankee's dugout.... :noclue:

Dude, the umps do not look for that crap. Who'd of thought of that??? I'm sure that the yankee scouts were on to Bretts shenanigans well before this game and got into billy martins ear. then again Billy Martin has been around a Looooooooong time and probably caught it himself. Good move by the crafty manager. If Brett hits into an out, you say nothing. If he hits a homer, you run out onto the field before Brett touches second base and get the umpire to call him out. :lol: I still say McPhail was WRONG to overturn the ump. And I LOATHE the yankees.