Richards?

ZeroGravityFat

I'd take him for several reasons, one of which is my fantasy that he comes here and tears it up.. Then you'll have all those Rags fans, who raced out and got Richards jerseys/shirts before his first game, even more pissed off that they can never again wear them

He's currently a fourth liner on a team with forward depth that's about as good as the Devils, perhaps less so.  And this is under a coach that you would think be inclined to give him every chance to succeed.  The word is that he's lost speed and lower body strength in a big way. 

I'll look to add anyone if the price is right though. 

He's currently a fourth liner on a team with forward depth that's about as good as the Devils, perhaps less so.  And this is under a coach that you would think be inclined to give him every chance to succeed.  The word is that he's lost speed and lower body strength in a big way. 

I'll look to add anyone if the price is right though. 

Yeah.. Just like Gaborik lost speed and strength.. and Nash will in a year or two.. and whichever next bigshot FA the Rags sign..

Richards is a Conn Smythe winner, I'd love to have him.

he'd be my plan d. the two strengths of the devils (at least in numbers) are defense and centers.

zajac-loktionov-josefson-henrique-elias-gionta

all these guys either are centers or can play the position more than adequately.

i saw absolutely nothing from richards this year that shows me he's all that good anymore and last year he was just as much a passenger as anything.

There are always teams who need centers more.  Richards is a Conn Smythe winner who's 33 and entering the downside of his career.  He's not done, but he's nearing done, and if he sucks on the power play, he's really not going to provide too much.

One bad season does not ruin your career. Let's see if he works hard in the off season to get his game back. Giving him a one year contract carries no risk. Our centers can be moved up and down all of our lines so it is not a big deal and JoJo can just play wing.

Edited by Zubie#8

The guy disappeared this year, a healthy scratch tonight in the playoffs lol

I feel like if the rags could have gotten rid of him they would have- doesn't he have a contract that's tough to move?

I would pass on him if we'd have to even overpay slightly. We are ok at the center position

No one knows if he can find his game again. Low risk high reward if you give him a small contract.

Every team in the league will think the same, so he will not be getting a small/ cheap contract, especially coming off his current salary.

Edited by MantaRay