Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Thought this thread should exist since we have so many free agents this year. 

Here's a list of every free agent NJ has:

RFA

Adam Henrique-

Andrei Loktionov-

Matt D'Agostini- WILL NOT BE RETAINED

Jacon Josefson-
Mike Sislo-

Harri Pesonen- 

UFA

David Clarkson-

Patrik Elias-

Dainius Zubrus-

Alexei Ponikarovsky-

Marek Zidlicky-

Steve Sullivan- WILL NOT BE RETAINED

Peter Harrold-

Tom Kostopoulous- 

@Ledger_NJDevils

Devils will also not bring Matt D'Agostini (RFA) back. Lamoriello: "Qualifying him at the salary he's at ($1.8 M) would be difficult."

The Devils will not make an offer to bring Steve Sullivan (UFA) back. GM Lou Lamoriello: "Simply because of where he's at in his career."

Devils do want defenseman Peter Harrold to return. Lamoriello: "No question we'd like to have Peter back."

Lamoriello says decision on Alexei Ponikarovsky will wait until after settling Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson, Zidlicky situations

Edited by SMantzas

The Devils will not make an offer to bring Steve Sullivan (UFA) back. GM Lou Lamoriello: "Simply because of where he's at in his career."

Lou could have seen that during the trade deadline.

C'mon, every knows that was a low-cost rental.  It was a "what the hell, why not, only cost a 7th-rounder" deal.  He was never getting re-signed after this year.

Here's a link to an NJ.com article by Rich Chere on some of our FA this offseason. Nothing much in it that isn't covered in the tweets the OP put up.

Great quote from LL in it at the end when asked about his thoughts on NY firing Torts:

"I have no reaction to other teams," he said. "I have enough to worry about with my own team."

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/05/devils_wont_bring_steve_sulliv.html#incart_more_sports

im glad dags isnt coming back.. he does nothing for this team all season long.. same with poni.. time to replace them with people that are going to contribute. If it was going to be between dags and sullivan sullivan would be the obvious choice atleast when he was on the ice you knew it. Growing impatient hearing about whats going to happen with our free agents players i wish everything wasnt so hush hush. Zubrus im almost gaurenteeing will be back.. i think we all know patrick will be a very easy sign as well.. Clarkson im consurned about, alot of you have turned on him because he went into a slump... but so did every single player on that team.. if we lose his 25-30 goals a year along with his enforcer/ take no sh!t from anyone/ stick up for his team mates type play all im saying is it better be replaced.

I still don't get why we traded for Sully.

When is the deadline for amnesty / buyouts to occur? The market could see a few big names become available around that date.

Amnesties can go into next year. However, since the Devils are not a cap straddling team, there's no urgency to do it other than roster clean up, so to speak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/lamoriello_devils_key_ufas_have_to_be_signed_by_july_5_sullivan_dagostini_unlikely_to_be_back/

Lamoriello said his objective is to get Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson, Zidlicky and Harrold signed before July 5.

“In my opinion, they have to be done before that,” Lamoriello said.

If the Devils decide not to qualify or re-sign D’Agostini, they get St. Louis’ 2015 seventh-round pick and the Blues get the Devils’ 2015 fifth-round pick.

Lamoriello admitted “there’s no question that’s a factor” on what the team will do with D’Agostini as well. So, though Lamoriello wouldn’t say definitively that D’Agostini won’t be back, it’s a pretty safe bet – which is something we knew already.

Not player related, but personnel related.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 29m

Possible NJ assistant will be leaving to take (non-NHL) head coaching job. Lamoriello wouldn't say which. Otherwise no changes to staff.

Hopefully it's Shaw, but I'll bet its Barr.

made my night hearing lou is trying to lock up our ufa's before theyre available to the rest of the world! Usually everyone bitches about him sitting on his ass till the last minute to start negotiations.. doesnt sound that way this year

I don't know if I've heard Lou be so forthright about having to sign UFAs.  Normally it's 'We'll review everything and do what we can, it's a process'

Also interesting that Frazee could come back - he had a decent season but at his size I just cannot see him as an NHL goalie.

I don't know if I've heard Lou be so forthright about having to sign UFAs.  Normally it's 'We'll review everything and do what we can, it's a process'

Also interesting that Frazee could come back - he had a decent season but at his size I just cannot see him as an NHL goalie.

that he's trying to resign both harrold and zidlicky leads me to believe he will absolutely look to trade fayne or tallinder. a volchenkov buyout/trade is highly unlikely and, while lou can talk 8 dman until he's blue in the face, they cannot do what they did this past year with the same 8. larsson cannot be a scratch anymore and they won't scratch salvador.

Not sure why Lou would bring back both Harrold and Zidlicky and roll with the exact same defense we had last season. I mean I guess they were a good enough squad but where will our younger guys fit in? Urbom and Gelinas seem to be close to NHL ready and I'm sure we'd all like to see Merrill get a game or two this season just to see where he stands. 

I'm still hoping he buys out Volchenkov but I really don't see that happening. Tallinder is a whipping post to our fan base but he's really not that bad but Lou might end up trading him. 

If not it's this again...

Greene-Larsson

Salvador-Fayne

Zidlicky-Tallinder

Harrold-Volchenkov

Just seems like they had a chance to open up a spot (or 2) for our younger guys and they don't want to. So can we expect Fayne and Larsson to be healthy scratches on a regular basis again? Doesn't make me too happy to be honest.

Agree with the names LL has stated. Really wanted Poni back after last season but he just didn't cut it this time round so wouldn't mind if he goes. Whe does Hedbergs contract run to?

1 more year on Hedberg's contract, until 2014.

will be interesting how much money our RFA's (Henrique- Loktionov- Josefson) will get...i don't think henrique will sign a deal longer than 3years after his poor season, but i can see LL throwing out some money (i want 2M$ per year / 3years - but  i fear it can be around 3M$ per year) just to keep him on the roster (and we need his points badly). Loktionov should not get more than 1,5M$ and Josefson not more than 1,2M$.

Tedenby and Kinkaid are also RFAs.

what do you think??

Edited by D88

will be interesting how much money our RFA's (Henrique- Loktionov- Josefson) will get...i don't think henrique will sign a deal longer than 3years after his poor season, but i can see LL throwing out some money (i want 2M$ per year / 3years - but  i fear it can be around 3M$ per year) just to keep him on the roster (and we need his points badly). Loktionov should not get more than 1,5M$ and Josefson not more than 1,2M$.

what do you think??

I'd be ok as long as Lotionov doesn't get more than $2M. He played well, he played with Kovy a lot, but I'm concerned because we only saw him for such a short time. JJ is good, but hasn't put up anything point wise. I can't imagine we spend more than $1-1.25M for him. No need to pay him better than the 4th line if that's the only kind of production we can expect from him.

growing more and more impatient every day waiting to hear about these deals.... especially the big 3 clarky elias and zubie.. we better hear something good soon or i may lose it!

If only reality was like the EA NHL games. Make offer, fast forward 2 days, make offer, fast forward 2 days. lol.