Buy Me A Star Tribune Tomorrow!

Hickmania

There are TOO MANY doubting Thomas's on this forum. Ferreal. This has been the most incredible series I've seen, probably in my lifetime. Granted, I haven't seen a lot of playoffs series. Okay, at least grant me that this is the greatest 1st round series.

HOW CAN YOU DENY THEM?

Manny Fernandez and Dwayne Roloson will carry this team dep this year! Their THIRD year!!!

What more better testament to Devils power can their be than the success of Jacques LeMaire and Philip Kuba in Minnesota!!??

On a side note, the T-Wolves win aswell tonite.

Does it get ANY BETTER for a Minnesota fan tonite? Hmm.. Game 7 of the Finals vs. the Devils? That's the only top for me, at least.

Minnesota will beat Vancouver. Cloutier isn't strong enough, nor is their defense. Minnesota will do a good job shutting down Naslund and Bertuzzi (Bertuzzi has been invisible for 7 games anyway). Don't be surprised.

Once you get past the first line, the Canucks leave little to be desired. It will be a tough battle for Minnesota but you can't come out and say they won't win. The same thing for the Ducks. Until they lose nobody can say they can't win. The playoffs are primed for upsets and that includes our beloved Devils. Imagine a Tamp Bay vs. Anaheim Stanley Cup final?

The Canucks foward depth leaves a great deal to be desired, they have no true 2nd line. The Sedins just dont cut it yet if they ever will. Their 3rd line is very good as is the 4th, however there is no secondary big scoring threat, allowing teams to focus on the Morrison Naslund Bertuzzi line, and try to take advantage of mismatches from there.

Oh and tri i beg to differ that minnisota's defense doesnt have any big players. No one on that roster is less then 6' the lightest guy being 187. All the others are over 205. That is size.

Minnesota is playing with heart... They will ride it for as long as they can... Most Minnesota-level teams would have gave up when Sakic scored that goal...

The Avs were too arrogant, they seemed to think they were going win doing whatever they wanted to do...

Minnesota is a heart team, if a Vancouver team shows up with heart as well, then Minnesota will lose... but if the Nucks show up arrogant, then they will get beat in the OT battles... but I doubt now that Minnesota beat the Avs, that Vancouver will take them lightly...

same with the Stars looking at the Ducks... the Ducks have more talent than heart compared to Minnesota...

If anything so far this playoff season, I learned more of the value of systems over players.

I think the Canucks are exactly the team Minnesota would like to face next. Minnesota has a big rivalry with the Canuckleheads, so this is exactly the kind of series that would get Minnesota fired up to play against whoever comes next--probably Dallas. New Minnesota vs. Old Minnesota, I just want to see the showdown.

I think some of the Minnesota energy players, Muckalt, Ronning, and Mitchell, need to generate some steam too. They need to get contributions from everyone, since I think Bertuzzi will do a better job of keeping Gaborik pressed than Adam Foote, especially after his injury.

You cannot discuss 1st lines without discussing Minnesota's offense, which is composed of castoffs and Gaborik. They got nothing going last night, no consistent offense at all, and scored their regulation goals on the power play.

Sarge, their defense may be big, but please tell me who is big enough to contain Bertuzzi. Zyuzin and Sekeras are not physical players at all, Kuba is big and strong, but doesn't play physical, Mitchell does, Schultz has some size too, and I forget the 6th guy offhand.. in other words, Bertuzzi will have his way in the crease.

The Wild hardly have the players to matchup with the Canucks. The Canucks learned their lesson from the last series. Their problem will be that they tend to play undisciplined hockey and the Wild have trouble scoring 5 on 5..

When you discuss this series, you have to speak in reality. The reality is, the Canucks have a hell of a lot more talent, and their 2nd line is probably better than the Wild 1st line, despite the 'Nucks lack of a 2nd line.

When you discuss this series, you have to speak in reality. The reality is, the Canucks have a hell of a lot more talent, and their 2nd line is probably better than the Wild 1st line, despite the 'Nucks lack of a 2nd line.

Tri I think the Wild fairy tale will end here too, but let's remember one thing, the Wild have the edge in goal. That can't be underestimated.

Bertuzzi will be the factor that wins this series.

If he gets his head out of his ass sure. The only thing i can remember from him from last series is knokcing McInnis out for a few games. No big goals, no clutch plays. Naslund is the one who took off and one that series for them. Bert has 1 goal and 3 assists in 7 games. Not exactly the kinds of production you want from him.

And Tri if you learned anything from the Boston series i hope you learned that it doesnt take an overly physical player in a good system to shut down 1 big tough dominant player. The Wild's system is every bit as good as ours, and i wouldnt underestimate them trying to make the Nucks 2nd-4th line try to beat them instead of letting that top line do it.

Im not saying that the Wild are gunna win this series, i just believe that you are underestimating them.

The Wild's system is as good as ours, but the talent isn't there.

Bertuzzi absolutely nailed Salvador last night, after that the Canucks picked up their game and never looked back.

He is due to get hot, and he does not have Pronger or Salvador trying to contain him.

The Devils contained Thornton with the tenacity of Madden, but if Glen Murray could hit the net, Thornton'd have 4 assists and we might've been talking about a Game 7 being played Monday night between the two teams.

Tri the Wild's two headed monster have been great all year. Granted Roloson had a couple of off games against the Avs and Fernandez picked up the slack. But Cloutier doesn't impress me really, he's basically Osgood Jr. (does just enough to win when he wins, looks hideous when he loses); even last night the goal he gave up was pretty soft though at least he did help get his team back from the 3-1 deficit as did Fernandez.

Let's not forget the Wild were supposed to be lucky if they won one game against the Avalanche. And their two top lines are obviously way more quality then anything the Wild could match up.

Guess who is playing now? I wouldn't write the Wild off so fast Triumph.