NFL Week 1!!!

CRASHER

Have to disagree here, slot or not Cruz can make a big play at anytime. Defense has to be aware which leaves space for Nicks and Randle to do some damage. Most teams would live to have this "problem".

The problem there is the Giants are bad on both lines, and the rest of their D is weak and the running game offers ZERO balance..... Jesus sounds like most of the Garrett Cowboy teams .... :ninja:

Here a little levity for your morning :)

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-and-theyre-off/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to disagree here, slot or not Cruz can make a big play at anytime. Defense has to be aware which leaves space for Nicks and Randle to do some damage. Most teams would live to have this "problem".

You could throw anyone in the slot in the NYG offense with Eli and they would put up respectable numbers. Not as big as Cruz, but I don't think his contract allows to build an offensive line to foster a run game or offer any protection. Remember Steve Smith? Whoever the slot guy is will put up great numbers in this offense. Eli is the engine and he just needs receivers to do their jobs. Again, Cruz has great talents and could put up monster numbers, but I don't think a league average slot guy would hinder the offense. 

Think of it as your stance towards Kovalchuk - I don't hate the player, I hate the contract.

No they're NOT....my 6-10 pick on them looks awful generous now....God it was FANTASTIC to see all the entitled Steeler fans in bar HUMBLED in week one!!!!!

They also lost Pouncey and Foote to season-ending injuries. Yikes. You don't want to jump to so many conclusions after one game, but this team already looked pretty meh entering the year; add in this ugly offensive showing against a defense that gave up the most points and 6th most yards last season, and these injuries, and things are looking pretty gloomy in Pittsburgh right now. 

Speaking of the Giants and fumbles, they are working out Joe McKnight, lol. 

Love the warp speed attack of the Eagles. We'll see how defenses adjust but there's too much talent for that team to win less than 6 games.

Pretty wild finish in San Diego; Chargers pretty much dominated for 2.5 quarters and then blew a 21 point lead with about 20 minutes left to play. New coach, same Chargers. 

Edited by nmigliore

NFL Season is over for me.

Another year of lies and deceit.

EJ Losman looked like I figured, defense is a sieve.

Bring on the Knicks,

What are you talking about?  Bills took a lead in that game and it took NE kicking a field goal as time wound down for the Pats to win.  EJ Losman threw for two scores and played well for a 23-year-old playing in his very first NFL game.  If I was a Bills' fan, there's definitely positives to be taken out of that game.

What are you talking about?  Bills took a lead in that game and it took NE kicking a field goal as time wound down for the Pats to win.  EJ Losman threw for two scores and played well for a 23-year-old playing in his very first NFL game.  If I was a Bills' fan, there's definitely positives to be taken out of that game.

He's the football equivalent of the battered wife....he's been beaten so much and so savagely over the years, that you even twitch your arm near him and he curls up in the fetal position for the rest of the season :P

How can a Bills fan be upset with that game? They were like 10-point underdogs and missing key players in the secondary and almost pulled out a win despite all of that. Some of their young players shown well (Manuel had nice numbers, Woods caught a TD pass, Alonso forced a fumble, etc.). 

He's the football equivalent of the battered wife....he's been beaten so much and so savagely over the years, that you even twitch your arm near him and he curls up in the fetal position for the rest of the season :P

Just noticed that I slipped and typed "Losman" instead of "Manuel"...doh.

Not sure how a Bills' fan could be pissed about that one, regardless.  Manuel looked very good at times during that game...not that it's hard to do much against the Genius' D-schemes these days, but I thought that was a terrific debut for him.