‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Jesus Christ on a crust of bread! Fvck it, just sign Semin.

I'm really surprised other teams haven't taken this route by now. Or maybe it's just because Semin's agent is telling him to wait because he knows as soon as Parise picks a team, Semin's value is going to increase dramatically. I'm sure the same goes for Carle with Suter.

So..the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Lou throwing a reasonable contract at Semin right now

And he's gonna say hmmm, reasonable, or should I wait until Parise is off the market and some team overpays me?

Its already rumored he's been getting offers, as has Carle, but both are waiting to get bigger offers once the teams left out of Zach/Suter come knocking.

Edited by ghdi

And he's gonna say hmmm, reasonable, or should I wait until Parise is off the market and some team overpays me?

Its already rumored he's been getting offers, as has Carle, but both are waiting to get bigger offers once the teams left out of Zach/Suter come knocking.

If NJ doesn't get Semin, although we'll be the oldest team in the league, Jagr isn't a bad alternative plan.

If Zach doesn't sign here I want him to sign somewhere that wasn't on anyone's radar like Dallas or St. Louis.

Ironically Dallas is one of the few teams that publicly admitted they were 'out' of the Parise sweepstakes.

Bingo. And that's why Semin isn't getting any 'reasonable' contract. Teams have so much money they're giving Zach $8 and $9 million cap hits with a ton of up-front cash, you think someone isn't going to turn around and throw Semin $6-7 plus on a multi-year deal once they lose out on Zach?

Ironically Dallas is one of the few teams that publicly admitted they were 'out' of the Parise sweepstakes.

Bingo. And that's why Semin isn't getting any 'reasonable' contract. Teams have so much money they're giving Zach $8 and $9 million cap hits with a ton of up-front cash, you think someone isn't going to turn around and throw Semin $6-7 plus on a multi-year deal once they lose out on Zach?

Semin's contract was 6.7 mil this past season. If Semin's top offer is in the 7 million dollar range that is still in the reasonable range for the potential that Semin is capable of reaching.

if we wouldnt have that ownership problem we could even fit those 2 guys... i could see Tallinder traded or Volchenkov asked to waive his NTC for picks to get a little more cap space in case we need it

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Adam Henrique ($0.854m) / Alexander Semin ($6.000m)

Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m) / Travis Zajac ($3.888m) / David Clarkson ($2.667m)

Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m)

Ryan Carter ($0.775m) / Stephen Gionta ($0.563m) / Steve Bernier ($0.775m)

Cam Janssen ($0.575m)

DEFENSEMEN

Mark Fayne ($1.500m) / Marek Zidlicky ($4.000m)

Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) / Bryce Salvador ($3.167m)

Andy Greene ($3.000m) / Adam Larsson ($0.925m)

Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Peter Harrold ($0.525m)

GOALTENDERS

Martin Brodeur ($4.500m)

Johan Hedberg ($1.400m)

BUYOUTS

Colin White ($1.000m) / Trent Hunter ($0.667m) / Eric Boulton ($0.163m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,033,333; BONUSES: $262,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,166,667

if we wouldnt have that ownership problem we could even fit those 2 guys... i could see Tallinder traded or Volchenkov asked to waive his NTC for picks to get a little more cap space in case we need it

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Adam Henrique ($0.854m) / Alexander Semin ($6.000m)

Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m) / Travis Zajac ($3.888m) / David Clarkson ($2.667m)

Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m)

Ryan Carter ($0.775m) / Stephen Gionta ($0.563m) / Steve Bernier ($0.775m)

Cam Janssen ($0.575m)

DEFENSEMEN

Mark Fayne ($1.500m) / Marek Zidlicky ($4.000m)

Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) / Bryce Salvador ($3.167m)

Andy Greene ($3.000m) / Adam Larsson ($0.925m)

Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Peter Harrold ($0.525m)

GOALTENDERS

Martin Brodeur ($4.500m)

Johan Hedberg ($1.400m)

BUYOUTS

Colin White ($1.000m) / Trent Hunter ($0.667m) / Eric Boulton ($0.163m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,033,333; BONUSES: $262,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,166,667

Nah, Semin's only plan B if Zach doesn't re-sign. I'm actually very intrigued about a line with Kovy, Zajac and Semin.

Nah, Semin's only plan B if Zach doesn't re-sign. I'm actually very intrigued about a line with Kovy, Zajac and Semin.

yeah, the best part of possibly re-signing Zach is that we'd have lots of cap space for the trade deadline while having a really solid team already and we'd be pretty attractive IMO. Getting iginla for Perry or the cup run would be fvcking insane since we need a good RW.

Parise - Henrique - Iginla (sorry kid for trying to beat you up last year by the way)

Kovy - Zajac - Clarkson

Elias Josefson Zubrus

Carter Gionta Bernier

scary

Semin's contract was 6.7 mil this past season. If Semin's top offer is in the 7 million dollar range that is still in the reasonable range for the potential that Semin is capable of reaching.

Semin's reputation around the league is a negative, there is no way he gets $7 million from anyone.

Even his own teammates called him out the past few seasons. The only teams looking at him are non-contenders who need to hit the cap floor: NYI in particular, but I can't see them offering anywhere near $7 million. His value has diminished in the past few years.

Semin's reputation around the league is a negative, there is no way he gets $7 million from anyone.

Even his own teammates called him out the past few seasons. The only teams looking at him are non-contenders who need to hit the cap floor: NYI in particular, but I can't see them offering anywhere near $7 million. His value has diminished in the past few years.

Semin's reputation is way overblown. Dale Hunter was able to get solid play from him. Besides that Kovy had a reputation as someone who didn't play to his capacity night in and night out. In addition, he was also known for having zero defensive skills. Look at him now. Semin isn't like Zherdev, I'm sure he wants to redeem himself somewhere.

Just no fighting for a while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvxfXgFtiLU

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.