‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Im perfectly fine with Semin replacing Zach, I just don't think the Devils will go for him.

Like I mentioned in the Salvador thread: Sal, Moose, Marty and Cam's contracts get us to the floor. I fear Lou will just run with that and make zero moves to bring in another talented forward.

If Lou still has an offer on the table for Zach I don't see why he wouldn't at least try to spend for a replacement. Operative word being try cause there ain't much out there and never really was. He will do something, we probably won't like what he winds up doing based on his overpayments already this offseason but he's not going into next season with Clarkson as a first-line RW and Tedenby as a second-line LW.

If Lou still has an offer on the table for Zach I don't see why he wouldn't at least try to spend for a replacement. Operative word being try cause there ain't much out there and never really was. He will do something, we probably won't like what he winds up doing based on his overpayments already this offseason but he's not going into next season with Clarkson as a first-line RW and Tedenby as a second-line LW.

I agree that I think he will go for someone, I just dont think it will be Semin.

Anyway, Jagr is no longer an option, he just signed with Dallas.

This whole waiting for Zach stuff is really putting us in a bad spot. Chicago, Detroit, Pitt, Philly: They all could lose out on Zach and still be in good shape. If we lose out on Zach and don't go after Semin then we have a big hole to fill. We may have to go after a trade and with what we ave as pieces I don't see a Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash coming our way.

This whole waiting for Zach stuff is really putting us in a bad spot. Chicago, Detroit, Pitt, Philly: They all could lose out on Zach and still be in good shape. If we lose out on Zach and don't go after Semin then we have a big hole to fill. We may have to go after a trade and with what we ave as pieces I don't see a Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash coming our way.

Who did we actually miss out on so far? I don't really want any of these guys who have signed with other teams so far.

I think people are overvaluing Zach here. Of course I want him back, and the team would be better with him, but it's not a death blow.

Henrique will hopefully continue to improve, tedenby may finally earn his ice time, having zajac for a whole year is huge, etc

I think people are overvaluing Zach here. Of course I want him back, and the team would be better with him, but it's not a death blow.

Henrique will hopefully continue to improve, tedenby may finally earn his ice time, having zajac for a whole year is huge, etc

Tedenby doesn't have the offensive upside or defensive prowess to play a full 82 on any line.

If we lost out on Zach and Semin, Peter Mueller and Thomas Holmstrom are UFAs according to Capgeek.

Why would we want either of them? Holmstrom is old and we don't need him and Mueller has been plagued with concussions the last few seasons and has barely played any games in the last 3 seasons because of it.

Tomas Holmstrom is 39 years old. You really want that?

Take a look at Capgeek's free agency list and show me any other players that are worth signing. Holmstrom can still give us strong net traffic.

Why would we want either of them? Holmstrom is old and we don't need him and Mueller has been plagued with concussions the last few seasons and has barely played any games in the last 3 seasons because of it.

Past Semin and Parise there isn't a whole heck of a lot of RWs and LWs worth a damn left in the UFA market. I wouldn't put it past Lou to all of a sudden bring Langs, Rolston and Arnott back.

Pierre LeBrun just said on TSN that Zach Parise will "probably not" make a decision tonight but didn't rule it out. #NJDevils #NHL

:argh: :argh: :argh:

Dammit! And he probably wont annouce anything tomorrow, unless he wants to ruin alot of people 4th of july regardless of where he signs. I mean i guess he could announce it tomorrow, i just think hockey might be put on the back burner for a day. I could be wrong though cause I think when kovy was a UFA, the rumor that the isles offered him the 10/100m deal came out on the night of the 4th

Take a look at Capgeek's free agency list and show me any other players that are worth signing. Holmstrom can still give us strong net traffic.

Past Semin and Parise there isn't a whole heck of a lot of RWs and LWs worth a damn left in the UFA market. I wouldn't put it past Lou to all of a sudden bring Langs, Rolston and Arnott back.

Holmstrom basically said he would wait until July to see if the Wings offer him a contract. If they don't it sounds like he is going to retire.

Over Holmstrom?

Wellwood, Stapleton, Sykora. Wouldnt expect any of the first two.

If we don't sign Zach, I expect we'll kick the tires of Semin, be quickly priced out and then re-sign Sykora and go status quo.

Here's the list of available LW and RW UFAs sans Parise and Semin:

Doan Whitmore

Selanne Kostopoulos

Winnik Sturm

Huselius Darche

Sykora Giroux, A.

Sullivan Ferriero

Kostitsyn, A. Holmstrom

Mueller Parse, S.

Langs O'Sullivan, P.

Hagman Ivanans

Johnson, N. Pandolfo

dvorak Park

Rolston Bradley

Blake Moreau

DiSalvatore Williams, J.

Knuble Bitz

Lindstrom Segal

Wolski Stuart, C.

Fedotenko McArdle

Brunette Wallace

King, DJ McDonald, C.

Porter, C. Mancari

Stapleton Byers

Hunter, T. Duco

Ortmeyer Winchester, B.

Fehr Sterling

Porter, K. Barch

Brunnstrom Desbriers

Avery Jacques

Bell, M. Jaffrey

Oreskovich Leblond

Stortini Gillies

Rechlicz

If we don't land Zach or Semin then Lou has to put together a trade. I don't want Sykora to be the parting gift if Zach leaves.

Edited by CarpathianForest

wow definitely is a major drop off, why could o'sullivan ever pan out? also wolski isnt what he used to be either and was invisible vs us in the playoffs....with that list im not against sykora coming back on the cheap

Edited by Bibby89

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.