Newark Bars Postgame?

moj8681

Since the recession hit, I had to take back my original offer to invest my jar of pennies so I could buy peanut butter. But my offer of the high five is still very much on the table. In fact, I will up my investment to an enthusiastic high five, instead of the half-assed one I was gonna give earlier.

Watch out, there's been numerous reports of peanut butter being tainted with Anssi Salmela these days, y'know.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
:rofl:

It really is a shame about the PB outbreak, since it ranks up there with beer, boobs and hockey as the greatest things ever.

In that case, the stripper poles will be lined with peanut butter. I also recently got a good quote on a water slide from the owners of the now-defunct Action Pack. They even offered to installed it in exchange for a lifetime pass good for free Belvedere. I told them they were crazy and we have settled on free Majorksa. Light.

Dan3kyo is God LIVES!

In that case, the stripper poles will be lined with peanut butter. I also recently got a good quote on a water slide from the owners of the now-defunct Action Pack. They even offered to installed it in exchange for a lifetime pass good for free Belvedere. I told them they were crazy and we have settled on free Majorksa. Light.

Dan3kyo is God LIVES!

Ahh,

. Had many good times there.

"There's nothing in the world like Action Park!"

Edited by 95Crash

I would like to give my pickle jar of like $120, some random Devils wall decor and ideas for a menu if we're serving food, as long as I can bartend. :D

I would like to give my pickle jar of like $120, some random Devils wall decor and ideas for a menu if we're serving food, as long as I can bartend. :D

You need to man... err.. woman?.... the cupcake stand!!!!!

"There's nothing in the world like Action Park!"

The Alpine slides were the best! Watching the wipeouts was almost as cool as riding down!

moj8681, See if they have any of those "Race Cars" left! We could do sobriety test obstacle courses on Beaver Alley!

:idea: Beaver Alley... hmmmm... Good name for an establishment, or at least a backroom in an establishment. B )

You need to man... err.. woman?.... the cupcake stand!!!!!

Compromise! CUPCAKE SHOOTERS! :dance:

Edited by Masked Fan

Compromise! CUPCAKE SHOOTERS! :dance:

Oh hell... I never thought about that! Like those ones you can get in Applebees or Fridays! Ooooooooooooh. :D

That place Mesa or what ever it was called lasted less time then the crack rocks on the corner of Market and Broad.

We were gonna go there one day (prolly a friday) after work but then it was gone. We were there everyday too lol. From what "they" said was that building and everythign else on that side of the street was supposed to be demolished to make way for a huge sportsbar (possibly ESPN the zone style), shopping and parking. Havent seen it yet.

I havent tried any of the other bars besides Arena Bar and Green St Cafe (when i need food along with brews). Im gonna give them a shot.

• 6 months later...

This bar would obviously be closer to the shore, right? I mean look at all these bars up in newark but we don't have any here. MB, me, you, dig, and others deserve this.

For location, I suggest by the train station in Belmar (or any shore train station town). Get plastered in the bar, walk to the train, walk to the scf at the pru center.

Christ, there is rarely a time worth posting anything here. Yeah, Sutter sucks, and sorry, but I think Brylin does too, and aside from that, I'm content to just read what other people say for months on end.

Except when it comes to my baby, the Super Fun Water Happy Slide Peanut Butter Bar.

Nice renderings, but the "E" in "GRILLE" should be a "3." That's part of the charter. And no slides leading to the Goal Bar? Unacceptable. We'll all freeze in the street after Weekend Warrior weekend #2 (Tampa, then Detroit). I'm not running into the Devils Den for an $85 sweatshirt.

I'm willing to move this bar from Edison Place to the old trolley station on Broad Street, just behind the garage and next to the church founded in 1666 if the water slides will go into the Ice Lounge.

Also,to get back on the very original topic, the site Glocallynewark.com has pointed out more than a few places to get a drink or 6 before and after each game. To hell with the overpriced Brick City, I'm a huge fan of MmmBello's. Partly because I take the train back to NYC anyway, and partly because it's awesome. No water slides though.

Forgot to mention, I do love the prices.

Ok. I'm currently doing a render making my best attempts at a slide going directly from DIG-Bar to the Pru center. How exactly do you want the slide to, y'know, ENTER the building? I'm thinking if we have the slide end up going through it's own entrance in the PNC tower, and we just literally purchase the land next to the Rock to build this bar from scratch, we could make it work. And you're right about the cold, I'll change it to an indoor slide. Other than that, oh creator, what else would you like added? Any posters? Pictures? Random items?

Can the slide twist, starting at the top of PNC Tower, and spit ut at the base where everyone else enters? Maybe the slide should have it's own metal detector/wanding station?

This bar would obviously be closer to the shore, right? I mean look at all these bars up in newark but we don't have any here. MB, me, you, dig, and others deserve this.

For location, I suggest by the train station in Belmar (or any shore train station town). Get plastered in the bar, walk to the train, walk to the scf at the pru center.

How about we have the water slides go from the bar in Belmar all the way to Newark? The Bar would have to be something like 2,000 stories tall to make it happen, but that would be the world's most kickass slide. We can call it the Atomic Wedgie Express. The second slide should be for Rangers fans only. It would be a good way to save on plumbing since we could just send all food and human bodily waste out through this slide. It should also let out into the Hudson, just like most sewers.

How about we have the water slides go from the bar in Belmar all the way to Newark? The Bar would have to be something like 2,000 stories tall to make it happen, but that would be the world's most kickass slide. We can call it the Atomic Wedgie Express. The second slide should be for Rangers fans only. It would be a good way to save on plumbing since we could just send all food and human bodily waste out through this slide. It should also let out into the Hudson, just like most sewers.

YES