Rasmussen??

mackchi

More like Assmuffin. :argh:

What was Julien thinking? Stan Fischler is another one that sees something in this guy. :rant:

It's like when you bet on a long shot horse...no rhyme or reason to it...just a hunch. :noclue:

What has this guy done of late to merit the first line. He missed at least two nice feeds from Elias in this game. Gionta would obviously connected but he not there...however Rupp would have done better or even Dowd...GET RID OF ASSMUFFIN!! :doh1:

I can't stand looking at his pathetic face anymore! :puke:

( I feel better now) :uni:

The guy is used to playing 5 minutes a game at this point in the season, and now suddenly must play three times that and also be as good as Brian Gionta? You dont get rid of a minimum salary player because he didnt play one game as well as a 4 million dollar player. Jeez get your expectations in check.

The guy is used to playing 5 minutes a game at this point in the season, and now suddenly must play three times that and also be as good as Brian Gionta? You dont get rid of a minimum salary player because he didnt play one game as well as a 4 million dollar player. Jeez get your expectations in check.

What's Rass done to merit first-line time? Julien obviously loves the consistency of his fourth-liners. They know their role, and they always give their best; they don't dog it on any shift. Rass fits that mold. So, if he's consistently busting his ass, doing what he's supposed to do, and playing smart, I have no problem with Julien trying to reward him. He's played in the top-six before. There was a time when he was being used as the center for Elias and Gomez; hell, he was our #2 center for a good stretch of time (Brylin-Rass-Langs; Brylin-Rass-Gionta). He's a better passer than people give him credit for (words echoed by Elias and Gomez), and Julien was trying to wake the team up - maybe it was a message to Rupp.

Rass is an excellent 4th liner, a very good 3rd liner, and a decent fill-in option. Thing is, it's a completely different mindset going from 4th line crash-and-bang to 1st line create-and-score. He'll be able to hold his own on that line, but don't expect his contributions to be on the scoresheet; it'll be like the Grant Marshall effect back when it was the GEM line.

No money for a guy from Lowell right now w/ Fraser and Cam being up.

My opinion of Ras seems to be higher than some people's here. I would have personally played Rupp up there last night but I only see Rupp or Ras having made any sense to move up and it is really like a 6 or one half dozen type choice.

Rasmussen isn't Gionta. The Devils can't call anyone up. Coach's decision to use Rasmussen over Rupp. We don't know why. We're not at all the practices or any of the lockerroom meetings. Coach's decision didn't really work out. Not why the Devils lost. They have seemed to have forgotten how to cover the slot when an opposing forward is behind the net with the puck. The game's over let's get ready for next game.

Let's Go Devils!

Edited by Rock

Not sure why Rupp wasn't playing there, especially after his performance against MTL.

Rass is an excellent 4th line player.... can;t expect him to play at Elias/Gionta speed with no practice at it.

I totally agree. If Gionta is out again tonight, Juilen has to put Rupp on that top line. Brylin and langenbrunner is other choices.

I cant figure it out either. Why waste a roster spot on an absolute Zero when you can bring up a couple of potential NHL'ers? Hell, they can try a new player every week for as much as Ras does out there. And it's not as though you'd disrupt any rhythm. I scratch my head every time I see this guy on NHL ice. Total waste of time and space. And money.

you dont make a fourth line out of developing young players unless you're going to roll 4 lines all game. The reason why these young players are in Lowell is so they can get used to being a professional and also to get regular ice time. The latter being something they wont get on our current 4th line. It would be counter productive to their development to have a fourth line of Davis-Vrana-Bergfors despite how much we all would want to see those guys now.

Mark Fraser is being called up only because of injury to first team players and also because of his salary.

Rupp, Ras, and Dowd provide consistency on the fourth line. Yeah that consistency may be the act of not scoring, but that is also not their purpose.

I agree that Rupp probably would be a better fit with Gomer and Patty over Ras, but that likely would not have saved that game.

What's Rass done to merit first-line time? Julien obviously loves the consistency of his fourth-liners. They know their role, and they always give their best; they don't dog it on any shift. Rass fits that mold. So, if he's consistently busting his ass, doing what he's supposed to do, and playing smart, I have no problem with Julien trying to reward him.

Maybe Julien has to learn the hard way...remember no Madden or Pando vs Jagr???? I wonder he Julien listens to Johnny Mac or does Johnny Mac not offer suggestions :noclue: Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me...this should be Julien's mantra.

edit...I had Langs instead of Madden...I realized the error after the game...guess I was too enthralled with my new Timex sweater when I made the original post :blush:

Edited by StarDew

• 1 month later...

So the guy has been playing everygame in the last month....on the first or third lines and it takes him this long to get a goal ...he stinks....put Rupp up on the first line!!! or

Just sit Assmuffin down... I am so tired of watching him circle and circle....and circle...

BTW Roberts of the Pens is still sporting the shiner that Rupp gave him wednesday night...

Let's win tomorrow!!!!

Edited by mackchi

Wow you really have a personal dislike for the guy :blink:

He's been playing on the third line mostly and they don't usually score goals in case you hadn't noticed. He's not good offensively but how many options do the Devils have, especially now? Rupp hasn't exactly done a ton offensively either and he has been on the second line, though he's had a couple of goals.

Ras is a versatile player that is a good fourth-liner and an okay third-line fill in. Anything higher and he's a fish out of water.

Edited by Hasan4978