GDT 9: Devils @ Blue Jackets

Cachorro Louco

Panthers fans warned of his handling of young players and it's becoming obviously true now. Not only that, but the team isn't winning. Hell, they're not even competing. And you can't fire the team. So there's only one option and guess what it is.

I want JJ, Teddy, and Larsson in there every game, but who do you want to bench to let our first round picks play? In case you haven't noticed the devils don't have any good prospects. Merrill yes, Severson yes, then who boucher? gelinas? matteau? There's no great prospects waiting in the wings for this team especially at foward. They're all mediocre players that you have to hope play above their expectations.

Zajac, Henrique they're absolutely nothing special. There is nothing special about this team. When we had parise or kovalchuk we had a player that would play like superstars every game. Jesus christ if clarkson was on this team he'd be our best player. Now, whos the best devil? Patty. A 37 year old playmaker. Well he's got no one to pass the puck to anymore so his numbers are going to drop. PDB runs a good system, we just have the oldest team in the league and it shows every night.

I'm all for a coaching change...but I want someone with a proven track record.......who's out there?

With a proven track record that's a realistic option?  Just Laviolette and Maurice.  Problem with Laviolette is he's too whiny and his teams dive all over the place, both of which Lou hates.  Problem with Maurice is he's one of Pete's best friends so it'd be awkward to put it mildly.

It almost doesn't matter at this point though.  I mean it honestly cannot get worse than 10 regulation wins in 40+ games.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Once again, c'mon son. Also, how are you gonna call me out for being a "rangers fan" when you sit here and say the game is over down 2-1. Sue me for having faith in the team to score one freaking goal. 

Chico Resch is the current Play by Play announcer for the New Jersey Devils. I don't think i put my sentence together very well son. My bad

With a proven track record that's a realistic option?  Just Laviolette and Maurice.

It almost doesn't matter at this point though.  I mean it honestly cannot get worse than 10 regulation wins in 40+ games.

yeah but if Lou is paying Debo millions to suck, I doubt he's gonna pay another coach millions plus Petes millions to suck too.

I want JJ, Teddy, and Larsson in there every game, but who do you want to bench to let our first round picks play? In case you haven't noticed the devils don't have any good prospects. Merrill yes, Severson yes, then who boucher? gelinas? matteau? There's no great prospects waiting in the wings for this team especially at foward. They're all mediocre players that you have to hope play above their expectations.

Zajac, Henrique they're absolutely nothing special. There is nothing special about this team. When we had parise or kovalchuk we had a player that would play like superstars every game. Jesus christ if clarkson was on this team he'd be our best player. Now, whos the best devil? Patty. A 37 year old playmaker. Well he's got no one to pass the puck to anymore so his numbers are going to drop. PDB runs a good system, we just have the oldest team in the league and it shows every night.

Larsson in for Harrold, JJ in for Gionta, Teddy on the scrap heap. He's a bust unfortunately. I'd have Merrill and Gelinas in as soon as possible too if things continue this way. Hell, if you're gonna have a lost season you might as well see what you've got. And you can't just give up on Zajac and Henrique. Gotta have hope that PDB is just that awful and that we can bring in a new coach that can motivate them and get the best out of them that we've seen before. I mean, wouldn't you rather DeBoer was just a sh!thead than have both of those guys be shells of their former selves? I would.

Well we hit Mega Millions in the offseason, the owners gotta be good for something besides ticking off the fans.

maybe they wanna be fiscally responsible

after all they got rich somehow

but then again, I heard they already cleaned house with the Sixers management twice since they took over

Lou's not going to pull the plug until like December and unlike 10-11 we don't have a Kovalchuk caliber player to carry this team.

If they hadn't waited as long, they wouldn't have needed ridiculous efforts out of a couple of guys to fight back to .500... one of them, Brian Rolston, of all people

Huh? If you can't figure out what I meant let me clear it up for you...

the Devils suck.

They beat a team just because they had injuries and now they just lost to a sh!t bag Blue Jackets team.

Does that make sense?

I understood perfectly what you meant but it still doesn't make any sense. Iya not worth arguing about though, the bottom line is the devils need to play better and should beat both teams. Edited by dmann422