Devils Red and Green Jersey

Mctool

Is there any website that is actually selling the Reebook jersey all I see for the retro throwback on NHL.com is the ones from CCM but the players are wearing ones made by Reebok.

Please forgive me for asking something if it is already answered somewhere else.

Auction. Date unknown.

Nothing has been announced, but I feel safe in saying the selling partner of MeiGray is not the hold-up. Some other party involved is likely the reason why they weren't up for auction earlier or at least announced yet. An auction is probably what will happen, but factually you can only speculate.

If you mean the replica Edge jersey, I have a feeling in May. I only say this because I e-mailed a website that I've bought replicas off of in the past. I only asked them when they are planning on getting the red and green Devils jerseys, if at all, and I never specified CCM or Edge, and they responded 'we expect them in May, they are a special order.'

Who knows, but with the success of last night and the possibility of it becoming a yearly event, I could see them selling these.

Nothing has been announced, but I feel safe in saying the selling partner of MeiGray is not the hold-up. Some other party involved is likely the reason why they weren't up for auction earlier or at least announced yet. An auction is probably what will happen, but factually you can only speculate.

You are right. I should have inserted probably in front of auction.

Actually spoke directly to Barry about them this past weekend and was at MeiGray on 3/17. They are being "held-up" somewhere else other than MeiGray. He is very good about planning and marketing such things. Maybe it is one person or group or maybe it is several.

An opportunity was surely lost concerning these neat gamers. No authentics are out there for one and second, people would surely bid up the jerseys. Imagine people at rock knowing they could bid on them and watch them on the ice. Now that the game is over the excitement will die down some as there is nothing to look forward to since the game is over.

If there is an auction, the prices will still be crazy and since ONLY one person can win an auction... people whose high bid get overtaken will surely look to move that money on something else because they don't want to miss out. Players like Pelley, Fraser, Pandolfo, Skoula, Niedermayer, and Leblond will surely get bumped way up. If there isn't an auction. All bets are off!

Edited by Chorske17

• 5 months later...

Do you guys think this is the real deal?

I'm really interested in getting that one.

It's a knockoff.

Easy rule of thumb to remember as it's not hard to understand. The Edge style red and green jerseys were not produced for retail last season, nor are they available as of now. If you see them on eBay or sold on any websites, they are fake.

It's a knockoff.

Easy rule of thumb to remember as it's not hard to understand. The Edge style red and green jerseys were not produced for retail last season, nor are they available as of now. If you see them on eBay or sold on any websites, they are fake.

Ahh...got it. Thanks alot man! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I believe one site was selling them, someone on here may know....

Yup that was me. In my long search for an Edge Retro Authentic, I finally found one. Coolhockey.com has them. Well not not in their inventory but Reebok's in Montreal. If you order one, they have Reebok ship direct from tehir warehouse. In fact, coolhockey does not have a picture on their site yet cause they don't have any in their warehouse (the pic is of the CCM replica).

Spoke with Rob at coolhockey and he was a huge help. Answered all questions. He said he knows they are very limited and he is not sure when Reebok will make more. Biggest size is 56. Its a bit pricy as its $250 and Reebok is calling it a "Limited Retro"

Got mine last week and in person its ridculously nice. Showed a few foreum members pics I am friends with and they love it. Sent to exclusive pro to get Kovalchuk on it.

Yup that was me. In my long search for an Edge Retro Authentic, I finally found one. Coolhockey.com has them. Well not not in their inventory but Reebok's in Montreal. If you order one, they have Reebok ship direct from tehir warehouse. In fact, coolhockey does not have a picture on their site yet cause they don't have any in their warehouse (the pic is of the CCM replica).

Spoke with Rob at coolhockey and he was a huge help. Answered all questions. He said he knows they are very limited and he is not sure when Reebok will make more. Biggest size is 56. Its a bit pricy as its $250 and Reebok is calling it a "Limited Retro"

Got mine last week and in person its ridculously nice. Showed a few foreum members pics I am friends with and they love it. Sent to exclusive pro to get Kovalchuk on it.

Nice, but that is a lot of money just so that people can have the jersey in a slightly different cut and with the little NHL logo near the neck and the Reebok logo on between the shoulders. Just curious as to what is the appeal of it to spend that kind of money on getting something slightly different from what is in the store?

Nice, but that is a lot of money just so that people can have the jersey in a slightly different cut and with the little NHL logo near the neck and the Reebok logo on between the shoulders. Just curious as to what is the appeal of it to spend that kind of money on getting something slightly different from what is in the store?

Just what I perferred. I am one who actually likes the cut on the Edge's and feel it looks better than the CCM replica. I am a pain when it comes to jerseys (those on here who collect gamers and such was pretty much the same). With the player I got I will have the jersey for a long time and it will be my game jersey. I have season tickets so with the amount I go to me its worth it.

Just what I perferred. I am one who actually likes the cut on the Edge's and feel it looks better than the CCM replica. I am a pain when it comes to jerseys (those on here who collect gamers and such was pretty much the same). With the player I got I will have the jersey for a long time and it will be my game jersey. I have season tickets so with the amount I go to me its worth it.

Eh I am a bit of a purist when it comes to that as they wore more like the CCM replica's back in the 80's than the Edge cut jerseys. But I have to admit there are both pros and cons to both the old CCM style and new Reebok Edge style jerseys, so it is more up to personal preference as to liking it based on looks or how it feels on you. I have a small collection of jerseys and just got a knock-off Kovy jersey for $30 that is actually pretty decent. It is stitched on with the lettering and the only issue with it is that the red is ever so slighty off and that the numbers on the arms are a little too small. But honestly, it is better than ordering it on NHL.com and paying $120-150 for a jersey that has the numbers pressed on and the numbers being made out of plastic instead of that twill. I have also seen people sending out their jersey to places to get it sewn and it comes back and the letters are in the wrong font. (the most obvious is with the letter K as the Devils use a font style that makes a distinctive K). I have a Zajac replica Edge jersey that was sewn by the Stadium shop in Newark and while it looks overall good, the letters on the name are not done correctly as the borders to the letters are too wide and the body of each letter is too small/narrow.

Jersey collecting drives me nuts, and that is why I am getting more and more reluctant in spending money into it. I know it is a hobby for people here who have more income at their disposal and I def respect that. I just wish that these companies can do a better job at lettering and producing Devils jerseys better. I see other teams where the fans wear jerseys and it all looks uniform and nicely done, but for some reason, these lettering companies have a bitch of time doing devils jerseys.

Sorry for my rant but that is just my feelings on these.

Eh I am a bit of a purist when it comes to that as they wore more like the CCM replica's back in the 80's than the Edge cut jerseys.

My input on this is that the CCM remakes have inaccuracies in the logo and at least the Edge version is the same thing they wore on St. Paddy's Day. So I guess the conclusion we can both probably agree on is if you want a current player, the Edge is more accurate, and if you want an old player, the CCM version is more accurate, though not completely accurate.

My input on this is that the CCM remakes have inaccuracies in the logo and at least the Edge version is the same thing they wore on St. Paddy's Day. So I guess the conclusion we can both probably agree on is if you want a current player, the Edge is more accurate, and if you want an old player, the CCM version is more accurate, though not completely accurate.

That is true too. Also even during the days when they wore the Red and Green jerseys, the look changed a little too. I remember hearing and seeing that they changed the green in the logo and on the jersey to a darker shade in the late 80's to early 90's before going to black. Also, the jersey material themselves also changed between the time they moved to NJ to when they switched to the black in 1993 so no matter what you get now, it will not be exactly the same.

That is true too. Also even during the days when they wore the Red and Green jerseys, the look changed a little too. I remember hearing and seeing that they changed the green in the logo and on the jersey to a darker shade in the late 80's to early 90's before going to black. Also, the jersey material themselves also changed between the time they moved to NJ to when they switched to the black in 1993 so no matter what you get now, it will not be exactly the same.

Yea I spent a while researching this stuff before making my purchase in May or April. I decided the only option that I would be happy with was an original jersey and neither the CCM remake, the knockoffs, or the Edge version (assuming it would eventually be released). I got a replica on eBay but I guess the sizes were drastically different back then. I normally wear an XL, this one is tagged as a large, but fits like a medium, and it doesn't seem like I could get it customized without having the numbers overlap the stripes, so I guess I'm still searching for the same jersey but a size bigger and will sell/trade the one I have now. The saga continues.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.