NFL Week 10....

CRASHER

This game pisses me off MUCH more than the Raven blowout. That game was pure domination by Baltimore, this is a self-inflicted wound, and it has been from the get-go.

Ya think? Missed chip shot FG - 3 points. Sanchez calling that timeout at the end of the first half - 4 extra points (the Pats would have only had time for a FG). The goofy punt return fumble - another three points, should have been seven. Greene's stonehands was another seven.

And now it's time to get bogged down inside the ten one more time :P

Ya think? Missed chip shot FG - 3 points. Sanchez calling that timeout at the end of the first half - 4 extra points (the Pats would have only had time for a FG). The goofy punt return fumble - another three points, should have been seven. Greene's stonehands was another seven.

And now it's time to get bogged down inside the ten one more time :P

Well, we got in!

The penalties are driving me nuts, too.

As always, can't count on NE's defense to take it home. Gonna be up to Brady.

Amazing. How can NOBODY fall on a fvcking football?

that was unreal...almost as if god guided the ball out of any jet that tried to fall on it.

I thought the folk miss set the tempo, but that was the clincher...about how this game was destined to be.

Edited by '7'

Not a bad spot to be in.

No, but it'd be nice if the D JUST ONCE could give Brady a chance to breathe a little.

And they just did. Damn! The Jets are going to look back on this and really beat themselves up over this one.

that was unreal...almost as if god guided the ball out of any jet that tried to fall on it.

I thought the folk miss set the tempo, but that was the clincher...about how this game was destined to be.

The Folk miss reminded me of the start of last year's playoff game actually, where we were also inside the ten, stalled and he missed a chip shot. The game didn't start getting out of hand till that stupid timeout before our TD, then the implosions started.

The Jets deserve all the **** they're getting from this one, the division's gone, now they're back to having to spit blood just to make the playoffs, if they even do that. Fortunately the Bills have gotten exposed as a bit of a fraud too, so the last wild card is wide open (stil not a believer in the Bengals and the Ravens have a dangerous habit of playing down to their opponent but they have the tiebreak on us) ...but the Jets better figure out a way to defend the great Tebow option offense next week.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sanchez fattening up the numbers in garbage time. This is why QB numbers can be misleading, across the board.

They may be the hardest team to figure out in the NFL.

The Saints are FAR more baffling.....

Speaking of....what the bloody blue hell was Mike Smith doing going for it deep in his own end 4th and 1 in OVERTIME....this was dumber then when Belichek did it against the Colts!!!

The Saints are FAR more baffling.....

Speaking of....what the bloody blue hell was Mike Smith doing going for it deep in his own end 4th and 1 in OVERTIME....this was dumber then when Belichek did it against the Colts!!!

The risk - reward was so out of whack it's mind boggling. Even if you make it, big deal you're still on your own 30. The reward was minimal but the risk was off the charts.

The risk - reward was so out of whack it's mind boggling. Even if you make it, big deal you're still on your own 30. The reward was minimal but the risk was off the charts.

Totally....I'm sitting there thinking, i'd not go for that in Madden when all you need do is dive the QB up the middle which works 95% of the time :P

Every time I think I have those damn Saints pegged, they go the other way :blink:

I know I said this last year, but I'll say it again now, and I don't think it is much of a stretch anymore. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in football, but not only that, he might be playing the QB position over the last year better than anyone in NFL history. He is ridiculous.

That is all.

In 2007, during the Patriots' 16-0 season, Brady had 33 TDs and 4 INTs at the 9-game mark, and in 2004, Peyton Manning had 31 TDs and 6 INTs at the same 9-game cutoff. Not trying to diminish anything Rodgers has done, just pointing out that we've seen this ultra, off-the-charts kind of performance from NFL QBs before.

But he is clearly alone in his performance level this season. That cannot be disputed.

The other problem with making declarations like "he might be playing the QB position over the last year better than anyone in NFL history" is that you have to take into account era. Pedestrian QBs are putting up numbers now that would've been considered terrific 20 years ago. QB numbers in this era are bloated...300 yard passing games used to be a big deal. Now you see them all of the time, even in games where the QB didn't even play well (see Mark Sanchez's 306 passing yards against NE on Sunday night).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I know I said this last year, but I'll say it again now, and I don't think it is much of a stretch anymore. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in football, but not only that, he might be playing the QB position over the last year better than anyone in NFL history. He is ridiculous.

That is all.

I agree 100%. I have NEVER seen anyone which such precision and timing and ability to read defenses or not even CARE what the defense is doing.

CoRo1976: I think he even surpasses Brady (which I never thought I would say). He has elevated the level of play even beyond Manning.

In 2007, during the Patriots' 16-0 season, Brady had 33 TDs and 4 INTs at the 9-game mark, and in 2004, Peyton Manning had 31 TDs and 6 INTs at the same 9-game cutoff. Not trying to diminish anything Rodgers has done, just pointing out that we've seen this ultra, off-the-charts kind of performance from NFL QBs before.

But he is clearly alone in his performance level this season. That cannot be disputed.

The other problem with making declarations like "he might be playing the QB position over the last year better than anyone in NFL history" is that you have to take into account era. Pedestrian QBs are putting up numbers now that would've been considered terrific 20 years ago. QB numbers in this era are bloated...300 yard passing games used to be a big deal. Now you see them all of the time, even in games where the QB didn't even play well (see Mark Sanchez's 306 passing yards against NE on Sunday night).

It isn't just stats, and I'm not even talking about stats because that means sh!t in today's NFL. It is watching him carve through defenses. He is unstoppable. Defenses simply have no answer for him. Against San Diego two weeks ago, the Chargers started the game with the perfect game plan. They were bringing a lot of pressure and had great coverage on everyone. Rodgers couldn't get the ball to anyone but got every 1st down with his legs. He had more rushing yards than passing after the 1st quarter and his team was winning.

Last night, on the 4th TD, he had nobody open for 5 seconds. He calmly moves around under pressure, looks like he might run it in for a score, but on the run throws a laser to Nelson for his last play of the night.

His throws are darts. They are always in the perfect spot. It seems like all his incompletions are dropped balls. He becomes a much tougher QB to game plan than Brady, Manning, Brees because the threat that he can run at any minute. And unlike Vick, he is ridiculously accurate.

And if we are talking about stats not meaning much, Brady's stats during the FU season by Belichick were insane, but you'll never see a team run up scores like they did that year to give a QB to put out those numbers. Plus Brady had the advantage of having a checkdown which was throw the ball 55 yards in the air to Randy Moss, and knowing he'll catch whatever.

Edited by devilsrule33