Flyers to sign Emery

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we oughtta try to keep Clemmensen after all. Clemmer could take Emery in a goalie fight. Or he'd at least try, anyway.

We could ice a pretty decent line brawl if we wanted to...

PL3-Rupp-Clarkson-Mottau-Salvador-Clemmensen? I wouldn't bet against 'em.

Suddenly I want Ari Ahonen and Rob Skrlac back. :evil:

(Blast from the past, anyone?)

annnd Filthy gets even worse..haha

Supposedly, the Emery deal is supposed to be 1 year for $2.5 million. Meanwhile, Biron is seeking $5 million. No wonder the Flyers are ready to sign this deal. Biron is nuts.

To put in perspective just how ridiclous Biron's demand for $5 mil per season are, consider this: that's what Brodeur makes.

Edited by MadDog2020

Supposedly, the Emery deal is supposed to be 1 year for $2.5 million. Meanwhile, Biron is seeking $5 million. No wonder the Flyers are ready to sign this deal. Biron is nuts.

wow this is brutal if true, do you have a link supporting this? biron's certainly not going to get 5 million - he will be lucky if he gets half that.

Let's see.

Road rage.

Accusations of drug abuse.

Locker room cancer as in fighting with your own team mates.

Beating up coaches/assistant coaches in Russia.

Ultimate party animal.

Ultimate basket case waiting to be shipped off to the looney bin.

Basically what the Fly guys are looking for is a goalie on the cheap side, who is will work for food if he has to to get back into the NHL. That's what you've got with Emery. He and Biron are the same level of talent statistically, just that Emery has gone one step further than Marty in going to Lord Stanley's finals with the Sens.

I'm all for guys getting a second chance, but in Emery's case, if I'm a franchise owner or a GM, he can get his second chance with another team.....not MINE.

I'm not letting a guy with the baggage that Emery's carrying anywhere near my locker room.

:rant:

Let's see.

Road rage.

Accusations of drug abuse.

Locker room cancer as in fighting with your own team mates.

Beating up coaches/assistant coaches in Russia.

Ultimate party animal.

Ultimate basket case waiting to be shipped off to the looney bin.

Basically what the Fly guys are looking for is a goalie on the cheap side, who is will work for food if he has to to get back into the NHL. That's what you've got with Emery. He and Biron are the same level of talent statistically, just that Emery has gone one step further than Marty in going to Lord Stanley's finals with the Sens.

I'm all for guys getting a second chance, but in Emery's case, if I'm a franchise owner or a GM, he can get his second chance with another team.....not MINE.

I'm not letting a guy with the baggage that Emery's carrying anywhere near my locker room.

:rant:

1) Yes, he had some road rage issues.

2) Can you elaborate on the drug thing? I didn't know he had ever been accused of that.

3) I assume the locker room thing is his problem accepting the back-up role after his injury in 07-08 and thus acting like a jerk and making himself into an outcast.

4) From the look of the video, the guy in Russia was an equipment guy who had no business trying to put a hat on Emery when Emery told him to get lost, especially after he was heated from getting pulled. If someone did that to any of us, we'd want to pop him too. (Of course, most of us would probably hold back.)

5) ALOT of NHL'ers are partiers, especially the young single ones.

6) Agreed, he has a VERY bad temper, but he can learn to control it. Basket case is a little strong. Look at Hextall, Belfour, and Billy Smith. They all had big tempers, and they mellowed as they aged. Two of them even picked up Cups.

Emery is getting judged way too harshly here. He played incredibly well in 2005-06, challenging Hasek for the starter slot. Then in 06-07 after taking the starting job from Gerber, he played AMAZINGLY in playoffs while guys like Spezza decided 3 rounds of hockey was enough for them and packed it in in the finals.

He had his surgery that summer, and upon returning mid-season, learned he had to earn back his starter spot, and he reacted childishly. But, if you read the interview he did towards the end of the playoffs that year, he said flat out that he was wrong, and that he should have just done what was necessary to be the starter again.

If Chris Simon got a second shot, Ray Emery definitely gets one.

1) Yes, he had some road rage issues.

2) Can you elaborate on the drug thing? I didn't know he had ever been accused of that.

3) I assume the locker room thing is his problem accepting the back-up role after his injury in 07-08 and thus acting like a jerk and making himself into an outcast.

4) From the look of the video, the guy in Russia was an equipment guy who had no business trying to put a hat on Emery when Emery told him to get lost, especially after he was heated from getting pulled. If someone did that to any of us, we'd want to pop him too. (Of course, most of us would probably hold back.)

5) ALOT of NHL'ers are partiers, especially the young single ones.

6) Agreed, he has a VERY bad temper, but he can learn to control it. Basket case is a little strong. Look at Hextall, Belfour, and Billy Smith. They all had big tempers, and they mellowed as they aged. Two of them even picked up Cups.

Emery is getting judged way too harshly here. He played incredibly well in 2005-06, challenging Hasek for the starter slot. Then in 06-07 after taking the starting job from Gerber, he played AMAZINGLY in playoffs while guys like Spezza decided 3 rounds of hockey was enough for them and packed it in in the finals.

He had his surgery that summer, and upon returning mid-season, learned he had to earn back his starter spot, and he reacted childishly. But, if you read the interview he did towards the end of the playoffs that year, he said flat out that he was wrong, and that he should have just done what was necessary to be the starter again.

If Chris Simon got a second shot, Ray Emery definitely gets one.

If the Fly guys want to give him a shot, that's their decision to make. I have no say so in the matter and what I think doesn't count for squat.

All the Flys are interested in is a cheap goalie who they don't have to pay a shyte load of money, so they take Em hoping that he's finally got his head on straight and won't sink their boat. It appears that Marty Biron, who statistically is on the same level as Em, is about to price himself out of his position in Philly, which is why the sudden interest in Em. THEY CAN HAVE HIM FOR CHEAP.

I'm simply of the mind, that as a GM, I'm not above Em getting a second shot. It's just not going to be with my franchise and he's not getting anywhere close to my locker room. He can get his shot elsewhere.

If the Fly guys want to give him a shot, that's their decision to make. I have no say so in the matter and what I think doesn't count for squat.

All the Flys are interested in is a cheap goalie who they don't have to pay a shyte load of money, so they take Em hoping that he's finally got his head on straight and won't sink their boat. It appears that Marty Biron, who statistically is on the same level as Em, is about to price himself out of his position in Philly, which is why the sudden interest in Em. THEY CAN HAVE HIM FOR CHEAP.

I'm simply of the mind, that as a GM, I'm not above Em getting a second shot. It's just not going to be with my franchise and he's not getting anywhere close to my locker room. He can get his shot elsewhere.

Oh, I definitely agree that they are looking for a cheap solution. But they can't afford what Biron wants. They are already at 51 million, or something like that. It's a pretty safe bet for them to grab a 26 year old with potential and a nice 3-year resume for 2.5 million and then pick up one of the FA's out there (Clemmensen, Garon, Anderson, Conklin) for a million or so if Niitymaaki doesn't re-sign. They've also mentioned using Scott Monroe as a backup, if they feel he is ready.

I'd say Emery and, say, Conklin at 4 million total is worth the risk of Emery still being a d-bag. Atleast, that's what Philly is hoping.

Also, can you elaborate on the drug thing? What kind of drugs was he accused of? I didn't realize that that was part of the equation.

Oh, I definitely agree that they are looking for a cheap solution. But they can't afford what Biron wants. They are already at 51 million, or something like that. It's a pretty safe bet for them to grab a 26 year old with potential and a nice 3-year resume for 2.5 million and then pick up one of the FA's out there (Clemmensen, Garon, Anderson, Conklin) for a million or so if Niitymaaki doesn't re-sign. They've also mentioned using Scott Monroe as a backup, if they feel he is ready.

I'd say Emery and, say, Conklin at 4 million total is worth the risk of Emery still being a d-bag. Atleast, that's what Philly is hoping.

Also, can you elaborate on the drug thing? What kind of drugs was he accused of? I didn't realize that that was part of the equation.

There have always been some cocaine rumours involving certain Senators. Emery has been one of them and was asked point blank if he had a drug problem. He laughed and said no. From what I have heard and people have seen around Ottawa, some of the top guys and Emery have been known to doing some lines of coke at parties and clubs, but nobody knows how serious it is.

Personally, I think this is a pretty good pickup for the Flyers. Emery isn't going to come cheap since he had a pretty nice salary in Russia and had good things included in his contract such as a bodyguard and driver. Did he see all that money in the end...probably not...but Emery is a good pickup for 2-3 million.

There have always been some cocaine rumours involving certain Senators. Emery has been one of them and was asked point blank if he had a drug problem. He laughed and said no. From what I have heard and people have seen around Ottawa, some of the top guys and Emery have been known to doing some lines of coke at parties and clubs, but nobody knows how serious it is.

Personally, I think this is a pretty good pickup for the Flyers. Emery isn't going to come cheap since he had a pretty nice salary in Russia and had good things included in his contract such as a bodyguard and driver. Did he see all that money in the end...probably not...but Emery is a good pickup for 2-3 million.

If I had to live in Ottawa, I'd probably do coke too.

Emery is not a good pick for any price. He's going to want to start, and if he's not starting he's going to cry. You want to start him, I hope he does ok for your sake, because if he sucks at all and you bench him, get ready to trade him. Too much Vogue purse on this guy.