New Jersey

GetReal

1) Friend of mine ran into Tara Reid at a pizza parlor in the area after she had just been tanning, and without makeup. Apparently she really didn't look attractive at all, and my buddy told me that she looked way too thin for her own good -- guess the camera adding 10 pounds is a great thing in her case, along with many other actresses.

2) Thanks PK, guess I wasn't clear about my intentions in that earlier post.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Jersey has more race horses than Kentucky.

hell ya!!! Go Monmouth Park! Woo!

All New Jersey natives:

Sal Martorano, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Jason Alexander, Queen Latifa, Susan Sarandon, Connie Francis, Shaq, Judy Blume, Aaron Burr, Joan Robertson, Ken Kross, Dionne Warwick, Sarah Vaughn, Budd Abbott, Lou Costello, Alan Ginsberg, Norman Mailer, Marilynn McCoo,Flip Wilson, Alexander Hamilton, Whitney Houston, Eddie Money, Linda McElroy, Eileen Donnely, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson, Walt Whitman, Jerry Lewis, Tom Cruise, Richard Wojewodzki, Joyce Kilmer, Bruce Willis, Caesar Romero, Lauryn Hill, Ice-T, Nick Adams, Nathan Lane, Sandra Dee, Danny DeVito, Richard Conti, Joe Pesci, Joe Piscopo, Robert Blake, John Forsyth, Meryl Streep, Loretta Swit, Norman Lloyd, Paul Simon, Jerry Herman, Gorden McCrae, Kevin Spacey, John Travolta, Phyllis Newman, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Eva Marie Saint, Elisabeth Shue, Zebulon Pike, James Fennimore Cooper, Admiral Wm.Halsey,Jr., Dave Thomas(Wendy's), William Carlos Williams, Ray Liotta, Robert Wuhl, Paul Robeson, Ernie Kovacs, Joseph Macchia and of course........

Frank Albert Sinatra and "Uncle Floyd" Vivino.

forgot me again!!! Psh!

Dave Thomas???? :huh: I thought he was from like Ohio? Or is that only in the Wendy's commercials? LoL

You know that there are no "beaches" in New Jersey there's the shore and you don't go to the shore, you go "down the Shore".

Just get out of the freakin' car and pump your own damn gas! That is the one thing I will never understand...You guys should do this to work off the calories from the fried Texas Weiner . (Which I have never even heard of, But I do love a fried egg on a buttered hard roll. :D _

Why should we pump our own gas when we can sit in a nicely air conditioned car in the summer and a nicely heated car in the winter?

Everyone is just jealous because we don't hafta pump our own gas AND it's cheaper :P

Hey the fact that in NY they charge you up to TWENTY CENTS MORE to pump the gas for you here I don't mind the fact that it stops price raping (gas in NJ is like 30 cents cheaper a gallon there) and it is fun when the attendant is slacking to get out of the car and watch his eyes pop out of his skull and HURRY over like the place will explode if I touch the pump :)

well, pumping gas is very easy and the gas pumps are covered. The rain never touches you... Did I mention I live in California and it hardly rains and only snows in the mountains?

It's good to have someone else pump your gas because of the added jobs, but with all the factories and farms in New Jersey there should be a surplus of employment opportunities. :D

Just wait until our "New" Hockeygiant retail store opens in Wayne...the job market will be endless! :lol:shameless plug

A deep fried hotdog sounds good...I'll have to try one when I get there is less than a month! :wave:

Now THIS is good! Not sure if I posted it or not -- too lazy to search old posts :evil:

You know you're from Michigan IF:

1. You've never met any celebrities.

2. "Vacation" means going to Cedar Point.

3. At least 1 member of your family disowns you the week of the Michigan/Michigan State game.

4. Half the change in your pocket is Canadian....eh?

5. You drive 86 mph on the highway and pass on the right. (I disagree with the pass on the right thing -- that's PA drivers!)

6. Your idea of a traffic jam is 40 cars waiting to pass an orange barrel.

7. You know how to play (and pronounce) Euchre.

8. It's easy to get VERNOR'S ginger ale and SANDERS hot fudge sauce, and Faygo pop. (we weren't allowd to say pop :rolleyes: Have no idea why not.)

9. You know how to pronounce "Mackinac".

10. You've had to switch on the "heat" and the "A/C" in the same day.

11. You bake with SODA and drink POP. (well except in our house)

12. The movie "Escanaba in Da Moonlight" wasn't funny. You consider it a documentary.

13. Your little league game was snowed out.

14. The word "thumb" has geographical, rather than anatomical significance.

15. You show people where you grew up by pointing to a spot on your right hand. :lol:

16. Traveling coast-to-coast means driving from Port Huron to Muskegon.

17. You measure distance in minutes.

18. When giving directions, you refer to "A Michigan Left."

19. You know that Kalamazoo not only exists, but isn't far from Hell.

20. Your year has 2 seasons: Winter and Construction.

21. Home Depot on any Saturday is busier than toy stores at Christmas.

22. You know when it has rained because of the smell of worms.

23. Owning a Japanese car was a hanging offense in your hometown.

24. You believe that "down south" means Toledo.

25. YOU ACTUALLY "GET" THESE JOKES AND FORWARD THEM ON TO ALL YOUR MICHIGAN FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

the Michigan thing is funny. I now live in Michigan (not from there) and I get most of these as well.

the slow drivers staying in the left (passing lane) and forcing you to pass them in the right lane is a Michigan, Penn, and central Ohio thing.

7. You know how to play (and pronounce) Euchre.

8. It's easy to get VERNOR'S ginger ale and SANDERS hot fudge sauce, and Faygo pop. (we weren't allowd to say pop :rolleyes: Have no idea why not.)

9. You know how to pronounce "Mackinac".

21. Home Depot on any Saturday is busier than toy stores at Christmas.

7. You-ker

8. In Texas, all soft drinks are "cokes".

9. Mack-i-naw

21. That's good! (my hubby is with Home Depot)

the slow drivers staying in the left (passing lane) and forcing you to pass them in the right lane is a Michigan, Penn, and central Ohio thing.

Add FLorida to that list.

That's because all the old farts from Michigan are sent down to Florida -- that's why you can get Vernors there too!

Add FLorida to that list.

That's because all the old farts from Michigan are sent down to Florida -- that's why you can get Vernors there too!

We haved many more Ny/NJ implants then we do from anywhere else. All the snowbird retirees that split time between the two. And that doesnt even factor in full time transplants.