2012-13 AHL/ECHL Thread

RowdyFan42

• 3 weeks later...

Wedgewood's numbers may not jump out as being that great (40 GP  15-19-3-2  3.30 GAA  .897 SV%) but he's really been carrying the load for a bad Trenton team (20th out of 23). He's ranked 3rd in minutes (2257), 2nd in Saves (1075), 3rd in GAA (min. 35 GP), and 3rd in SV% (min. 35 GP). He has 17 games with 30+ saves and his record is just 7-9-0-1 from that.

Wedgewood gets his 1st shutout tonight! This is where the goalies stand at the moment:
AHL
Jeff Frazee: 19 GP  1114 Min  5-9-1-4  0 SO  2.42 GAA  .915 SV%
Keith Kinkaid: 32 GP  1923 Min  16-11-1-5  2 SO  2.65 GAA  .906 SV%

ECHL
Scott Wedgewood: 41 GP  2317 Min  16-19-3-2  1 SO  3.21 GAA  .899 SV%
Maxime Clermont: 30 GP  1726 Min  14-10-2-2  0 SO  3.34 GAA  .899 SV%

Kelly Zajac also had 3 assists for Trenton tonight. In 14 games there he is 6-8-14 -3 8 PIM

Wedgewood's numbers may not jump out as being that great (40 GP  15-19-3-2  3.30 GAA  .897 SV%) but he's really been carrying the load for a bad Trenton team (20th out of 23). He's ranked 3rd in minutes (2257), 2nd in Saves (1075), 3rd in GAA (min. 35 GP), and 3rd in SV% (min. 35 GP). He has 17 games with 30+ saves and his record is just 7-9-0-1 from that.

the .899 looks ghastly but if it's 3rd in the league playing for that awful team, I'm not gonna complain

Albany lost 2-1 in a SO. Clermont with 29 saves on 30 shots and stopped 3 of 6 in the SO. This was his 3rd AHL game in 2 years. Darcy Zajac with his 3rd goal in 2 games. Josefson had an assist.

Trenton was outshot 40-20 in a 3-0 loss to Wheeling. Wedgewood with 37 saves on 40 shots.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it would be fun to take a real early look on the AHL/ECHL situation for the defensemen next year. This is just my prediction and doesn't take into account what will happen with the logjam of D in NJ.

Free Agents
Kelly RFA - not re-signed
Leach UFA - not re-signed unless they want him as the vet down in Albany again
Corrente UFA - not re-signed

Albany
Burlon
Gelinas
Urbom
Scarlett
Merrill
McPherson (AHL Deal)

Obviously they'll probably want to add a vet D but there is a decent amount of AHL experience on that blue line. Of course they'll want to fill out probably 2 more spots to go with 8 D.

ECHL
Young
Helgeson

Young seems destined for the ECHL. I think Helgeson will be signed by NJ, but that is just my guess. While I think he could play in the AHL, if they have a numbers game it may not be a bad idea for him to play in the ECHL since his physical game should adapt well there.

Unkown
Stepanov
Hrabarenka

Yeah, I don't know what to expect with these guys. Perhaps they get AHL deals again or they move on. A lot to be excited about in the minors next year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i really wish that NJ would have their own ECHL team again. Elmira is a prime team to be affiliated with. maybe talk to the Sens about it, maybe approach the ECHL about an expansion.

I've been to a few Elmira Jackals games and their fans are loud and proud. they also have some quality players and every game they appeal to the fans. ive never been to an Elmira game without seeing a fight.

i really wish that NJ would have their own ECHL team again.

I don't disagree, but on the other hand, Trenton JUST folded. Granted, the Devils probably killed that market their Trenton Devils experiment, but a revived Titans with a Flyers affiliation couldn't make it either. Would you make another go of it in Trenton and hope for the best, or would you try somewhere else, like Atlantic City?

id go for somewhere in central Jersey, like maybe Freehold or maybe even go down to Atlantic City. Freehold team will generate revenue for the shore area (my old home). The Jersey Shore Devils. i like the sound of that! Atlantic City Demons: i like that too!

I would say the future of the A-Devils in order of most likely are:

1) Extend in Albany

2) Atlantic City - they keep testing this idea and it seemed to attract a mix of locals and traveling fans.

3) Trenton - I'd say its something they would relook at now. They shot themselves in the foot with the T-Devils with many locals, but AHL level play might garner more interest and traveling fans are more likely here (especially with the Phantoms).

4) ? - I wonder if joining the big ten leads to a new arena for Rutgers at some point. Total guess, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Will be interested to see if Albany returns to AC for a few games again, but maybe now they try in Trenton for a few.

I would say the future of the A-Devils in order of most likely are:

1) Extend in Albany

2) Atlantic City - they keep testing this idea and it seemed to attract a mix of locals and traveling fans.

3) Trenton - I'd say its something they would relook at now. They shot themselves in the foot with the T-Devils with many locals, but AHL level play might garner more interest and traveling fans are more likely here (especially with the Phantoms).

4) ? - I wonder if joining the big ten leads to a new arena for Rutgers at some point. Total guess, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Will be interested to see if Albany returns to AC for a few games again, but maybe now they try in Trenton for a few.

Is their lease up soon?