2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

Great, Detroit wins in OT. Worst possible result for us. But that's pretty much the way its gone this year.

Here's the big picture.  92 points gives us an 86% chance of getting in.  15-8-0 is doable.  I have faith.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/NewJersey.html

Edited by Mike Brown

15-7-1 gets the Devils 92 points, but with the way the season's gone, they'll probably go something more like 13-5-5. 

I'm not thinking about the next 23 games, I'm thinking about the next 4.  If the Devils can't come up with anything more than 6 out of 8 points, I think they should consider themselves sellers.  This team hasn't been more than three games over NHL .500 all season long.  If they want to show everyone that they're capable of going 8 over in what will be a relatively short period of time, then they have to do it starting tonight. 

Devils did go 12-7-7 in their previous 26 GP leading up to the break, so it's not like 13-5-5 is out of the realm of possibility, and who knows, maybe 90 or 91 points will be enough (wouldn't want to bank on it).  But I can't get too excited about a team that can't get it going when their season's on the line, and if the Devils don't get it done in these next four, I'm not sure that Lou should feel terribly confident about them either. 

re:  Detroit...yep, that's what sucks about so many teams being ahead of the Devils...having to constantly root for other teams to get the job done is rough going.    

Blackhawks who play us like it's game 7 of the Cup Finals, promptly roll over and die to the Rags

Wings won, at least it was against the Senators

Dallas up 2-0 on Carolina in the 1st intermission. Hopefully that holds

Caps and Panther 4-4 in the 3rd. Hopefully the Panthers pull that out in regulation.