‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I didn't feel like going through the whole thread to see if this was posted, but this what the Devils may be up against. Minnesota may be dragging out the treasure chest.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/13/former-minnesota-gm-nanne-says-parise-will-sign-no-one-is-going-to-outbid-the-wild/

And they'll fail, just like they do at everything else.

And they'll fail, just like they do at everything else.

Even if they sign him, it could be a fail. Overpaying is great in the offseason and for backpages. Living up to whatever the overpayment is...that's a whole different beast. "The get my guy at any cost" has a way of blowing up far often than it works out. And the higher the cost, the brighter the spotlight, and the shorter the honeymoon.

If Minnesota gets him, good luck and god bless. Minnesota is pretty much a disaster of a franchise, and while they've got some decent young players, they'll find a way to screw it up like they always do. The Devils were never winning this with the highest bid.

Edited by Triumph

The hell is wrong with people?

So I understand, posting a first line google search link (you try it-- google zach parise wedding) to his wedding registry to try and see if he really is marrying a NJ school teacher (which means there's a strong chance he stays here) is "wrong", but reporting Lou sightings at Panera Bread is fine? Ok, got it.

So I understand, posting a first line google search link (you try it-- google zach parise wedding) to his wedding registry to try and see if he really is marrying a NJ school teacher (which means there's a strong chance he stays here) is "wrong", but reporting Lou sightings at Panera Bread is fine? Ok, got it.

I think the issue is not so much posting the existence of the registry as the implication that people should send him a gift. That is very, very creepy.

I think the issue is not so much posting the existence of the registry as the implication that people should send him a gift. That is very, very creepy.

Ahh. I thought the smiley face at the end of the quote would let on it was a joke. :noclue:

I get the sense that the Devils don't have to match the best offer, but they obviously need to be in the ballpark (less than $5 million in total dollars?).

Yeah I'm worried that the Wild will do something stupid like 12 years, 100 million whereas we'll offer something reasonable like 8-56 and get blown out of the water. Of course it'll be a phyrric victory for them, but hey if they can't win they might as well get the hometown guy to keep the fans happy.

I think if Zach had his way he'd sign with NJ now, I think if the agents (and his dad) had their way he'd go to Minnesota. I just hope Zach makes the decision he wants to make before he's compelled to make one he'll regret.

Yeah I'm worried that the Wild will do something stupid like 12 years, 100 million whereas we'll offer something reasonable like 8-56 and get blown out of the water. Of course it'll be a phyrric victory for them, but hey if they can't win they might as well get the hometown guy to keep the fans happy.

I think if Zach had his way he'd sign with NJ now, I think if the agents (and his dad) had their way he'd go to Minnesota. I just hope Zach makes the decision he wants to make before he's compelled to make one he'll regret.

his agents don't care where he goes - just how much. his dad would probably like minny but whatever.

If Zach gets offered 12 yrs/100 mill he is a goner. No way the Devils offer him anything NEAR that....

For whatever it's worth, Lou says that it won't affect player money. He could have refused to comment, but he said it would have no effect, so it may be true.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to understand. I know he did say that, I just wish I knew if it really does or not.

Tweets from My Ranger Fan Buddy Last Night:

We all know #Parise loves NJ - question is can they pay him - someone will offer front loaded deal

Big words - I will bet you any amount of $$$ he's not a Devil come the start of 2012. Just name the amount.

2.5 wks to go until July 1 - start the countdown

Hey - Parise resigns w #njd Drinks @watersidecafe on me one Fri evening - if not - on you? Deal?

*Just another douchebag Ranger fan...he prides himself on being a "knowledgeable" sports fan, but is he off with this one? I have a good feeling about Zach remaining here, but apparently the rest of the league knows something we don't?

well this team proved that it will win sooner than later, so if he wants what he says he wants that is success with a young team, then he will stay for a reasonable number around 7M per year and not go somewhere else just for extra cash. the only team i can see stealing him is redwings. us two are usually the automatic contenders no matter what the media says.

well this team proved that it will win sooner than later, so if he wants what he says he wants that is success with a young team, then he will stay for a reasonable number around 7M per year and not go somewhere else just for extra cash. the only team i can see stealing him is redwings. us two are usually the automatic contenders no matter what the media says.

I won't even try to get into Zach's head, but I wonder if he thinks the Devils' run had more to do with good fortune than anything else. And the goaltending situation is going to be a question mark very soon.

That being said, I hope Zach realizes that the NHL is a year-to-year league now more than ever...that "greener pasture" that looks so good one minute can change in a hurry. I don't really see that slamdunk team that can give Zach that much better of a chance of winning than the Devils.

Did you see how depressed Parise looks in the post game interviews? He wants to win. He won't in Minnesota. He won't go for those extra millions.

ouch, watching that the other day was tough. It was like someone passed away.

I'm sure that everyone wants to win, its just that guys like Zach & Kovy really show it in their faces & in their comments.

Guys like Stevens seemed to hate losing even more then they enjoyed winning !

I hate getting these little "clues" from Zach, because I don't want to be disappointed. But this sentence in TG's blog really gives me hope.

“The whole experience itself was so unbelievable,” Devils captain Zach Parise said. “When you get that close and you’ve got to watch the other team celebrate, that’s a pretty bad feeling. I think all of us are going to come prepared next year and be ready. It’s not a good feeling when you’re on the other side and you’re watching them celebrating.”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_stanley_cup_finals_disappointment_can_be_stepping_stone_to_future_success/

If Zach gets offered 12 yrs/100 mill he is a goner. No way the Devils offer him anything NEAR that....

Why would you? Hell if you know they're going to do something that stupid, they should trade him to them and get some draft picks out of their insane negotiations. The way I look at it, if that's a selling point, you wouldn't be able to resign him anyway. If it's not, you get free draft picks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.