#1 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=643159

"I'm not one of the older guys in the room, but that [NHL] experience from last year can enable me to be more of a leader here," Henrique said. "I can take what I learned from [New Jersey's veteran players] and try to pass it on to the guys here. You always try to remember those guys that helped you out when you didn't know much -- well, there are guys in here that don't know much, and now I can be a leader and pass the little that I've learned along to them."
Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

Great read until he mentions that he wants to be in the same position Parise was in last year.. Hopefully Lou mainlining the Kool-Aid on this one

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#3 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Great read until he mentions that he wants to be in the same position Parise was in last year.. Hopefully Lou mainlining the Kool-Aid on this one

i think we're all aware that he means he wants to be a young captain and not be in a position to bolt for a huge contract with the leafs to "go home."

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#4 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

I can honestly see him wearing an "A" whenever the season stars along with patty and kovy having the "C"

ajq8o1.png

#5 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

I can honestly see him wearing an "A" whenever the season stars along with patty and kovy having the "C"

These 3 or 4 will have letters: Kovy, Sal, Elias, Zajac

#6 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Henrique will wear an "A" a few years down the line when some of the vets are no longer around...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Didn't Greene wear the "A" during a game last year when a couple players were injured? It was either then or perhaps in the pre-season when some of the regulars didn't play. I would say he would get the "A" before Zajac.

#8 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Henrique will wear an "A" a few years down the line when some of the vets are no longer around...

Actually I agree. When Elias retires Henrique will get the "A"

ajq8o1.png

#9 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Actually I agree. When Elias retires Henrique will get the "A"

Yeah, would not be surprised to see him and Zajac with the A and Kovy with the C in a couple years.

#10 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

I think Clarkie could be on the short list for a letter as well if he sticks around....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#11 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Like so many if he has a great sophomore year he will leave for the better fruit on the vine, those green leaves always look good especially when there are a lot of them.

#12 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

I think Clarkie could be on the short list for a letter as well if he sticks around....

He would sew it on upside down.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#13 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Yeah, would not be surprised to see him and Zajac with the A and Kovy with the C in a couple years.

Lets re-sign zajac first

www.SterioDesign.com

#14 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Didn't Greene wear the "A" during a game last year when a couple players were injured? It was either then or perhaps in the pre-season when some of the regulars didn't play. I would say he would get the "A" before Zajac.

I don't remember the pre-season but it was Sal who whore the A for Kovy in Game 2 of the Philly series if that's what you're talking about
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#15 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

hahaha!

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#16 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Leave poor Clarkie alone!

#17 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

I don't remember the pre-season but it was Sal who whore the A for Kovy in Game 2 of the Philly series if that's what you're talking about

Yeah I know Sal wore the letter for a game or two last preseason. However I could have sworn Greene wore it too for at least one game.

#18 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Like so many if he has a great sophomore year he will leave for the better fruit on the vine, those green leaves always look good especially when there are a lot of them.

Even if he wanted to, it wouldn't be for at least five years.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#19 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,616 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Leave poor Clarkie alone!

Posted Image

(Sorry, had to do it. :evil:)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#20 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

clarkie should sew it upside down. we would be able to read the letter upright 90% of the time.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users