Guess who cam to my store part II

msweet

ok let me answer all of the questions in one response,,

My store is Unique Photo...NJ's Best Camera Store. That dude on the pole behind me is part of a LowePro bag display with a climber wearing a LowePro camera backpack. I am big on merchandising and display and we have some awesome stuff in there.

I am 5'10", 185 and I spend a lot of time on the weights... so you can measure him from there... we definitely have different body types...lol

Zubrus was in to buy a Fuji X-E1 DSLR. He has a remarkable collection of cameras and and even more remarkable knowledge of cameras and photography. Even without looking at his work, he is clearly professional level for sure. He spent about 2 hours in the store playing with everything...Fuji, Nikon, video, monitors...a kid in a candy store. He was very price conscious and comically concerned about getting maximum value for his older stiff, which he has tons. I suggested he trade some of it in but he wanted to maximize return on Ebay,,,lol... which of course isn't true and a bizarre thing for famous people to do.

We have a gourmet coffee bar in the store and I gave him some espresso which he approved highly of. He wanted me to get my salesperson a coffee too but she whipped out a Red Bull and he responded, "I have 2 of those before each game.. gotta get up for it"

While we were pulling his camera I gave him a tour of my Devils Display in my office (He was impressed). We talked about the labor dispute and he really felt the road they are going on, similar to what the NBA did with decertifying the union will work and force the owners, who are being "unfair" to settle. He spoke a bit about Lou and is was very complimentary.

He has a large Epson printer which we talked about its worth because he figured he's going to have to move it after this year since his contract has only one more year and "while I'd love to re-sign with the Devils, you really never know what will happen...I'll be 36 ya know."

My store is Unique Photo...NJ's Best Camera Store. That dude on the pole behind me is part of a LowePro bag display with a climber wearing a LowePro camera backpack. I am big on merchandising and display and we have some awesome stuff in there.

I am 5'10", 185 and I spend a lot of time on the weights... so you can measure him from there... we definitely have different body types...lol

Zubrus was in to buy a Fuji X-E1 DSLR. He has a remarkable collection of cameras and and even more remarkable knowledge of cameras and photography. Even without looking at his work, he is clearly professional level for sure. He spent about 2 hours in the store playing with everything...Fuji, Nikon, video, monitors...a kid in a candy store. He was very price conscious and comically concerned about getting maximum value for his older stiff, which he has tons. I suggested he trade some of it in but he wanted to maximize return on Ebay,,,lol... which of course isn't true and a bizarre thing for famous people to do.

We have a gourmet coffee bar in the store and I gave him some espresso which he approved highly of. He wanted me to get my salesperson a coffee too but she whipped out a Red Bull and he responded, "I have 2 of those before each game.. gotta get up for it"

While we were pulling his camera I gave him a tour of my Devils Display in my office (He was impressed). We talked about the labor dispute and he really felt the road they are going on, similar to what the NBA did with decertifying the union will work and force the owners, who are being "unfair" to settle. He spoke a bit about Lou and is was very complimentary.

He has a large Epson printer which we talked about its worth because he figured he's going to have to move it after this year since his contract has only one more year and "while I'd love to re-sign with the Devils, you really never know what will happen...I'll be 36 ya know."

:hail:

. Great stuff. Sounds like Marty's dad and Zubes would get along great lol.

He looks to be in good shape. Don't know how much fortitude I'd have as a player during a holiday season to be able to keep working out and training.

Although, I'm sure getting so close to the Cup is motivation enough (which is good for our Devils; may be a blessing in disguise).

Msweet, Did you recognize him right away and say to your coworkers "This guy is my customer, EVERYONE BACK OFF!!"?

Actually I got a G-chat from my store manager saying simply, "Zubrus is in the store"

I hopped on down there and he already had a bunch of gear on the counter with one of my salespeople...I "assisted" with the sale

I didn't know you worked there M, my coworkers are all big photography buffs and shop there all the time. You guys are doing a great job.

Thanks ZGF... I am all about customer service and we try to run a very cool store...NJ's only store like it