2008 Summer Olympics

Satans Hockey

Its more about the incredible accomplishment Satan - i dont really get excited about track either but what Bolt did today was amazing. The soccer has been pretty entertaining - brazil was lucky today so was argentina and it should be a good game.

I agree 100% it's an amazing accomplishment...I just still can't get into it and I've tried too. What did Bolt do today? Since I have the soccer HD channel that has been pretty much the only thing I've been watching.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% it's an amazing accomplishment...I just still can't get into it and I've tried too. What did Bolt do today? Since I have the soccer HD channel that has been pretty much the only thing I've been watching.

WR in 100 meter but like w/15 to go he pretty much turned pumped his chest and practically stopped running he was so far ahead of the field it was scary. :boogie:

Its more about the incredible accomplishment Satan -

Yea I'm no swimming fan either but what he has done is just phenomenal and it's hard to imagine just how good he is.

I mean to be the best at what you do in your state is pretty friggin impressive, to be the best in the country you gotta be better than all those people who are the best in their state, and then to be the best in the world you gotta be better than all the incredible people who are the best in their countries, and then to be the best ever means you are better than all the insanely talented people who were at some point the best in the world. Even when you think about it in increments like that, it's still hard to put into perspective.

That site just looks like a bunch of sore loser whining.

Except for a poor athlete who's spent countless of hours to be good enough to be able to be a part of an olympic team and then to compete vs hundreds of athletes from other countries - to them it must suck to not only to be ripped off, but to fall, trip, miss just when they get the chance they waited for for most of your life . Yeah that site is concentrating on medal count so they sound like their whining -- I dont like sports which are subjective and the outcome depends on judging -- gymnastics/diving/ice skating ect - human nature always dictates favoritism.

Except for a poor athlete who's spent countless of hours to be good enough to be able to be a part of an olympic team and then to compete vs hundreds of athletes from other countries - to them it must suck to not only to be ripped off, but to fall, trip, miss just when they get the chance they waited for for most of your life . Yeah that site is concentrating on medal count so they sound like their whining -- I dont like sports which are subjective and the outcome depends on judging -- gymnastics/diving/ice skating ect - human nature always dictates favoritism.

Sure it sucks for them, and I respect the hell out of all the Olympic athletes, but that website just makes stupid bitchy arguments, none of which prove why "China is gay" or why they are getting undeserved medals.

It's complaining that a Chinese gymnast beat out an American for the bronze even though she fell on her vault landing and the American didn't, but it says absolutely nothing about the difficulty or anything else. I didn't actually see this incident, but I know they don't judge solely on whether or not they fall.

Then the site complains about Kexin beating Liukin in the tiebreaker because "an Australian judge apparently was watching a different competition." What kind of crap is that? They had to go to a second tiebreaker, and they followed the rules to a T. There was no wrongdoing there. If there was, the US would protest it, but they already said they aren't and that they agree with the decision because it was exactly as the rules dictated.

Then you clearly didn't read it. Rules are rules, even if they can't read them. 12 year olds are still 12 year olds... they're still smaller, more flexible, and much lighter.

Yea rules are rules so why the hell are they complaining about Kexin beating Liukin? If they're going to whine about the one girl being underage they shouldn't have anything to say about Liukin getting the silver. If they want to whine about Liukin getting the silver, they shouldn't have anything to say about Kexin being underage. And if they don't want to come off as moaning bitches they should at least get their facts straight. I don't know where they got their thought that He is 12 years old from, since the youngest she has been reported as being is 14.

And yea it is hard to accurately give out scores in competitions that require subjective judging, but most of the time you can still tell who did better so I don't think there's a need for them to completely eliminate all of those events in their calculations.

This is really old news and I can't believe I forgot to post something earlier, but big props to Jersey's own Rebecca Soni for bringing home three medals! The girl wasn't even originally supposed to be swimming in the Olympics, but she earned gold in the 200 breaststroke, silver in the 100 breaststroke, and helped the U.S. to silver in the 4x100 medley relay.

Way to make the Garden State proud!