Devils Fans

Zubie#8

With tomorrow looking like it will be another sell out (knock on wood) and with the Rangers as our next home game it looks like the Devils will have four straight sell outs to start the season. With the twelve straight sell outs to end the season/playoffs last year the streak will be at 16 games! With reportedly 10,000 season ticket holders our future looks bright! Kudos to everyone who tries to fill the Rock at every game. :clap:

...but but but, Devils have no fans brah.

Were slowly starting to get away from the "boring devils" vision that other fan bases has been pining on us with for years...

I we could get rid of the one that the devils doesnt have fans it would be even better lol saddly even if were sold out for 3 years straight theyll probably still say it lol

I still go back to the college winter break last season when we sold out 6 of the 7 home games that occurred during the break.. And not all of them were typical big draws

But yeah this team has a bright future attendance-wise.. A young fan base, and a growing tradition.. If we can push to sellout that Lightning game we could make it 18 in a row.. Wonder what the team record is

Also, the 10,000 STH is quite impressive.. In speaking to the head of sales, he said he'd ideally like it to be 12,000.. His philosophy is that you want to be able to also do group and individual sales to get new people into the arena and wanting to buy season tix to replace your people who drop

Edited by Colin226

Were slowly starting to get away from the "boring devils" vision that other fan bases has been pining on us with for years...

I we could get rid of the one that the devils doesnt have fans it would be even better lol saddly even if were sold out for 3 years straight theyll probably still say it lol

If only we could sell out without offering a ton of discounts...I'm still excited to say the least.

I still go back to the college winter break last season when we sold out 6 of the 7 home games that occurred during the break.. And not all of them were typical big draws

But yeah this team has a bright future attendance-wise.. A young fan base, and a growing tradition.. If we can push to sellout that Lightning game we could make it 18 in a row.. Wonder what the team record is

Also, the 10,000 STH is quite impressive.. In speaking to the head of sales, he said he'd ideally like it to be 12,000.. His philosophy is that you want to be able to also do group and individual sales to get new people into the arena and wanting to buy season tix to replace your people who drop

Already have my tickets for the Tampa game- section 107.

Were slowly starting to get away from the "boring devils" vision that other fan bases has been pining on us with for

Yeah, I was watching the end of the Bruins Devs game out in San Diego with 2 Bruin fans........one tells me how he couldn't ever watch the Devils when "they played that boring trap". I told him how the "boring" 2001 Devils were the highest scoring team in 15 years at that point and he told me I'm wrong..........he then proceeded to ask me how many shoot out attempts do they go before the game is called a tie.......you just can't make it up.

If only we rioted after the SCF last year...

Yeah, I was watching the end of the Bruins Devs game out in San Diego with 2 Bruin fans........one tells me how he couldn't ever watch the Devils when "they played that boring trap". I told him how the "boring" 2001 Devils were the highest scoring team in 15 years at that point and he told me I'm wrong..........he then proceeded to ask me how many shoot out attempts do they go before the game is called a tie.......you just can't make it up.

You are right about the 2001 Devils being exciting, but they weren't the highest scoring team in 15 years when they scored 295 goals. The 1993-94 NJ Devils scored 306 goals, and there's several other teams that bested that total. Not sure where you got that 15-year thing from.

Re: 2001...Ranger fans can ALWAYS be counted on to be morons. I remember many of the ones I spoke to at the time not only STILL kept talking about how boring the Devils were (that 2001 Devils team was about as exciting as it got for that era), but actually said WITH STRAIGHT FACES that more teams should play like the Rangers. You know, the Rangers that at the time couldn't so much as sniff the playoffs, and were playing with absolutely zero passion, and whose players seemed to like wearing Broadway Blue more for the massive paychecks that came with it than anything else? Those exciting, exhilarating Ranger teams.

If only we could sell out without offering a ton of discounts...I'm still excited to say the least.

Let them discount the tickets, you have to in order to get butts in the seats if you want to sellout. The Devils tickets are overpriced for who/what they are, anyway. First, it is the NHL. Second, they are the only professional franchise in NJ. Third, their main following is 15-35. It makes sense that they offer discounts and coupons and all that. I like it. It is good marketing and it is smart business. A butt in the seat=2 hot dogs, 2 beers, a Devils Hat. No butt in the seat=0 dollars.

It's filled because of the discounts.

That's fine. Its better (in every sense) to sell discounted tickets then have those seats remain empty. As a STH, it undercuts what I can re-sell my seats for if I can't attend a game, but I really don't care. I don't buy my tickets to resell them. I'd rather have a full building with Devils fans sitting around me than a 1/2 empty building with absolutely no atmosphere.

It's filled because of the discounts.

What discounts are you guys talking about? And where do I find them?

I am desperately waiting for the promotional schedule because there is no way I can afford to take my family to a Devils game with the normal ticket prices.

What discounts are you guys talking about? And where do I find them?

I am desperately waiting for the promotional schedule because there is no way I can afford to take my family to a Devils game with the normal ticket prices.

I think they're over at this point. Before the season started, there was a thirty percent discount for Opening Night. If you're a season ticket holder (or know someone that is) you could get individual game tickets for 50 percent off, but that's over now. Season ticket holders got a free set of extra tickets for specific games.

Still, Stubhub is your best bet. You can get tix for some games below $30 a pop. When you think about it, it's only a little more than seeing a movie in Imax.

I think they're over at this point. Before the season started, there was a thirty percent discount for Opening Night. If you're a season ticket holder (or know someone that is) you could get individual game tickets for 50 percent off, but that's over now. Season ticket holders got a free set of extra tickets for specific games.

Still, Stubhub is your best bet. You can get tix for some games below $30 a pop. When you think about it, it's only a little more than seeing a movie in Imax.

There is also a discount for the middle and lower tiers for the game against Tampa and Carolina coming up. It was in an email and there is no code, so to get it your email has to be in their system on some sort of list. It's one of those promos where for $38 you get a 100 level seat, hot dog and soda.

I get these emails about deals because I am on pretty much every single email list the devils have. Im on the following email lists:

NJ Devils main email list

NJ Devils fan club list

Newsletter list

Prudential Center list

Group sales list

Kid's club list (yes they sometime have deals on there too)

And a couple of other lists I can't remember off the top of my head.

You are right about the 2001 Devils being exciting, but they weren't the highest scoring team in 15 years when they scored 295 goals. The 1993-94 NJ Devils scored 306 goals, and there's several other teams that bested that total. Not sure where you got that 15-year thing from.

Re: 2001...Ranger fans can ALWAYS be counted on to be morons. I remember many of the ones I spoke to at the time not only STILL kept talking about how boring the Devils were (that 2001 Devils team was about as exciting as it got for that era), but actually said WITH STRAIGHT FACES that more teams should play like the Rangers. You know, the Rangers that at the time couldn't so much as sniff the playoffs, and were playing with absolutely zero passion, and whose players seemed to like wearing Broadway Blue more for the massive paychecks that came with it than anything else? Those exciting, exhilarating Ranger teams.

You are right........have to do some research when I get home. I could have sworn that one of their teams one year had the most goals a team had had in a 10-15 year period. Anyway, the guy still annoyed me.

You are right........have to do some research when I get home. I could have sworn that one of their teams one year had the most goals a team had had in a 10-15 year period. Anyway, the guy still annoyed me.

Not debating the bolded...he annoyed me by proxy :giggle:

• Like 1

Atmospheres at the games are top-notch these days, too. I think we just needed a good playoff run to really christen the building and get people to come into downtown newark. Once people see how gorgeous the Pru is they will come back. The surrounding neighborhood is also getting better and better, as well.

I've noticed the attitude of the fans a bit different than last year. Probably some more bandwagoners than usual in previous years, and a lot of people railing on Kovalchuk or Brodeur or Salvador for messing up; it's as if you need to be a play-by-play critic to be a real hockey fan. Sometimes I like empty seats more than a full section of loudmouth bandwagon fans. "KOVEEEEEY WHAT THE HELL DO WE EVEN PAY YA FAW?!?!" I feel like I'm at MSG during a horrible powerplay, hate those kind of fans.

I got in more arguments at the Devils-Capitals game with Devils fans than I did with Caps fans. If Kovy didn't shoot, they were cursing him out. If Kovy did shoot and it went wide (for a tip-in attempt), they were screaming bloody murder. When he scored the goal in OT, I turned around and mouthed "fvck YOU" to a fan that was railing on him the whole game. It's hard to enjoy a game with all that uneducated negativity in the air. If I wanted to be surrounded by Rangers-type fans, I would go to Rangers games.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

I've noticed the attitude of the fans a bit different than last year. Probably some more bandwagoners than usual in previous years, and a lot of people railing on Kovalchuk or Brodeur or Salvador for messing up; it's as if you need to be a play-by-play critic to be a real hockey fan. Sometimes I like empty seats more than a full section of loudmouth bandwagon fans. "KOVEEEEEY WHAT THE HELL DO WE EVEN PAY YA FAW?!?!" I feel like I'm at MSG during a horrible powerplay, hate those kind of fans.

I got in more arguments at the Devils-Capitals game with Devils fans than I did with Caps fans. If Kovy didn't shoot, they were cursing him out. If Kovy did shoot and it went wide (for a tip-in attempt), they were screaming bloody murder. When he scored the goal in OT, I turned around and mouthed "fvck YOU" to a fan that was railing on him the whole game. It's hard to enjoy a game with all that uneducated negativity in the air. If I wanted to be surrounded by Rangers-type fans, I would go to Rangers games.

This. I had the same problem at the Caps game. Were you in 102? This guy in front of me in a LANGENBRUNNER jersey was all over Kovy all night. Just didn't know sh!t about the game, ripping him for the dumbest things. I had finally had it and yelled "yeah we need a guy like like Langenbrunner back, someone who gave an effort every night." That OT winner was so satisfying.

Last night I'm in 110 and this doofus in front of me is screaming bloody murder at Larsson all night. "GET OFF THE ICE LARSSON!! YOU SUCK!!" He actually stood up and leaned over the railing to yell it a couple times. It's reasons like these I subscribe to the Carlin logic: "Think of how stupid the average person is and then realize half the population is dumber than that." That definitely applies to our fan base.

Edited by skeeter
  • Like 1