Devils Fans

Zubie#8

I've noticed the attitude of the fans a bit different than last year. Probably some more bandwagoners than usual in previous years, and a lot of people railing on Kovalchuk or Brodeur or Salvador for messing up; it's as if you need to be a play-by-play critic to be a real hockey fan. Sometimes I like empty seats more than a full section of loudmouth bandwagon fans. "KOVEEEEEY WHAT THE HELL DO WE EVEN PAY YA FAW?!?!" I feel like I'm at MSG during a horrible powerplay, hate those kind of fans.

I got in more arguments at the Devils-Capitals game with Devils fans than I did with Caps fans. If Kovy didn't shoot, they were cursing him out. If Kovy did shoot and it went wide (for a tip-in attempt), they were screaming bloody murder. When he scored the goal in OT, I turned around and mouthed "fvck YOU" to a fan that was railing on him the whole game. It's hard to enjoy a game with all that uneducated negativity in the air. If I wanted to be surrounded by Rangers-type fans, I would go to Rangers games.

Very sad but very true.

Last night I'm in 110 and this doofus in front of me is screaming bloody murder at Larsson all night. "GET OFF THE ICE LARSSON!! YOU SUCK!!" He actually stood up and leaned over the railing to yell it a couple times. It's reasons like these I subscribe to the Carlin logic: "Think of how stupid the average person is and then realize half the population is dumber than that." That definitely applies to our fan base.

I distinctly remember seeing Lou in the hallways in the early '90's coming out of his box and a fan loudly says to Lou, "Lou you gotta trade that Niedermayer, he's brutal"............Lou shot him a look like 'are you kidding me'...........so it's been going on many, many years.

I've noticed the attitude of the fans a bit different than last year. Probably some more bandwagoners than usual in previous years, and a lot of people railing on Kovalchuk or Brodeur or Salvador for messing up; it's as if you need to be a play-by-play critic to be a real hockey fan. Sometimes I like empty seats more than a full section of loudmouth bandwagon fans. "KOVEEEEEY WHAT THE HELL DO WE EVEN PAY YA FAW?!?!" I feel like I'm at MSG during a horrible powerplay, hate those kind of fans.

I got in more arguments at the Devils-Capitals game with Devils fans than I did with Caps fans. If Kovy didn't shoot, they were cursing him out. If Kovy did shoot and it went wide (for a tip-in attempt), they were screaming bloody murder. When he scored the goal in OT, I turned around and mouthed "fvck YOU" to a fan that was railing on him the whole game. It's hard to enjoy a game with all that uneducated negativity in the air. If I wanted to be surrounded by Rangers-type fans, I would go to Rangers games.

In fairness, Kovalchuk is a Rangers-type signing, when you make that sort of move, you have to expect a Rangers like reaction from some of the fanbase.

But I've never gotten the impression that the CAA/Pru Center fanbase is particularly knowledgeable.

Nothing is worse than the "SHOOT....SHOOOOT...SHOOOOOOOOOOOT" fans that scream it when every Devil touches the puck.

i hate it when im playing soccer or hockey too. I mean you're trying to get control or deke 1 guy then another one suddenly come at you so you have to deke himself too to set yourself or wtv and the whole team is screaming your name for a pass or to shoot. It's really not easy

Living in a minor league city ,I can tell you that the players can hear WHAT the fans are saying a whole lot easier in a half empty arena than in a packed arena. I wouldn't sweat what the morons scream when the place is packed. All the players hear is noise.

Living in a minor league city ,I can tell you that the players can hear WHAT the fans are saying a whole lot easier in a half empty arena than in a packed arena. I wouldn't sweat what the morons scream when the place is packed. All the players hear is noise.

Yeah I doubt the players pay much attention to the fans. They are the professionals, they know that they know what they are doing a hell of a lot more than the fans are. There's a reason they are on the ice getting paid to play while the fans are in the seats paying to watch. Still, that is no excuse to pretend you are a great coach by constantly yelling to shoot it, or as Daniel pointed out, to hit somebody as if it's just that simple.