Panthers president: Devils’ fans forced team to stop selling plastic

squishyx

And she looked like an ass for making a smart-ass remark directed at his twitter and then complaining when he replied back with a smart ass remark.

I have to clear up a few things. I absolutely did not tweet Mr. Yormark with the intention of trying to score tickets to the Devils game. I also already had tickets to the Devils game for last night and gave them to my friends after I was offered the tickets in the suite. I was in a suite with other people. It wasn't as if there was tons of free food and booze. (Not that I expected that at all.) I would have been happy in my usual seats, but took the Devils up on the offer because, well, why not?

Also, I am not claiming to be perfect or a saint. I am not saying I was right and he was wrong in this situation. Was my comment snarky? Absolutely. Was I pissed off that he was blaming the banning of plastic rats on Devils fans? Absolutely. Could I have worded my tweet differently. Of course. Before I saw his reply to my tweet I was already getting random people following me on twitter and I was very confused. Then I saw his reply and I laughed. I wasn't clutching my pearls in horror saying, "Oh how dare he insult me!" Like I said, before I even responded to his "you have 70 followers. No one cares what you think." I was already getting followers and people were already on the defensive. It wasn't like I called people to arms! I replied to him, "I really can only laugh... You sound worse than my 6th graders...very mature. Don't really care about my follower count ...I wasn't aware opinions were only valid for those with lots of followers. stay classy Florida." I have no problem taking backlash for my comments to Mr. Yormark. I'll own what I said. I had a problem with him blaming Devils' fans for whatever was going on in his arena and I told him so. He chose to respond the way he did. Did it piss me off? Yes. Did I feel wrongly attacked? Nope. However, the philosophy that certain peoples opinions don't matter is worrisome. I'm not "important" so I don't matter? That's a nice attitude for someone who is president/COO of an organization. There is no one who is "right" in this situation. I'll repeat again, this thing was getting out of control before I even typed a response to Mr. Yormark. I wasn't trying to get people to stick up for "poor little me". It just got crazy and I don't know why.

You don't need to come here and defend yourself. Everyone except one person or two seems to be on your side which is impressive as it is around here. And the thousands of people that have responded by following you on twitter says all that needs to be said on who is right and who is wrong in this situation. I know you didn't ask anyone to stick up to you, but a lot of Devils fans and hockey fans did because they realized twitter followers don't mean jack sh!t when talking about the value of someones opinion. No need to apologize for accepting suite tickets either.

I will say that a lot of people have your back, including the Devils, fans, hockey writers and other media members. Wouldn't be such a bad thing to acknowledge those people on twitter who by following are saying your opinion matters. You wrote: "I wish people would be as passionate about things that actually really matter in the world. Not saying I don't appreciate the support..I do"

Well I think this is an important matter in the grand scheme of things. Everyone should have an opinion that counts, and for any COO of a company to disregard one's opinion is kind of stupid. Imagine he did that with regards to his own fans if they didn't like things were being done.

You don't need to come here and defend yourself. Everyone except one person or two seems to be on your side which is impressive as it is around here. And the thousands of people that have responded by following you on twitter says all that needs to be said on who is right and who is wrong in this situation. I know you didn't ask anyone to stick up to you, but a lot of Devils fans and hockey fans did because they realized twitter followers don't mean jack sh!t when talking about the value of someones opinion. No need to apologize for accepting suite tickets either.

I will say that a lot of people have your back, including the Devils, fans, hockey writers and other media members. Wouldn't be such a bad thing to acknowledge those people on twitter who by following are saying your opinion matters. You wrote: "I wish people would be as passionate about things that actually really matter in the world. Not saying I don't appreciate the support..I do"

Well I think this is an important matter in the grand scheme of things. Everyone should have an opinion that counts, and for any COO of a company to disregard one's opinion is kind of stupid. Imagine he did that with regards to his own fans if they didn't like things were being done.

A devils fan getting a majority of support on a devils fan forum? Who would have thought that:)

Also for your last sentence: status quo.

The only thing annoying to me is all I picture is Big Time Rush's record label owner being mean to iCarly on Twitter. That's nothing personal just that's what you two look like. The whole thing is very iCarly plot line. Devils usually aren't all Disney, they're more Remains of the Day meets Dirty Dozen at Bridge Over the River Kwai

Griffin.jpgiCarly.jpg

Griffin & iCarly

TWITTER FACEOFF!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Take the fan blinders off.

They are off. You come off like a sanctimonious prick with this crap.

This girl was attacked by someone who is supposed to be "above" that considering he represents the commercial aspect of a pro sports franchise, when he instigated it by blaming Devils fans for throwing rats on the ice and she offered her opinion, which on Twitter is perfectly justifiable if you have an open Twitter feed. How would it look if Lou was the one who attacked an opposing fan? So because the Devils offered her tickets its going to start a deluge of fan/front office wars? Yormark hasn't said a word since this story went national. Hes not brought it up and is not engaging anyone. The Devils did her right by offering her tickets after that sort of thing. They didnt have to and she didnt ask. Its called a kind gesture! Nothing more and nothing less. The fact that the Devils did that makes me proud of the franchise that they take care of their own. He represents the Panthers in a business respect. He shouldnt even have acknowledged her comment, but chose to do so in a low-brow way that made his entire franchise and fanbase look bad.

Your whole stance is disgusting on this subject and you're absolutely a minority in terms of the stance you're taking. The majority of people are taking her side. It has nothing to do with being a fan of any particular team. He attacked our fans for something we did not do considering its a Panthers "tradition" or whatever to throw rats. She called him an ass justifiably, because he was an ass when he went public with that blame.

Here's an open letter to Yormark from a Panthers fan, take a look at it from their perspective:

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2012/4/25/2974201/my-letter-to-mr-yormark

You, by your actions, have cheapened this team. On a business level this is a terrible mistake. I expect you to "man up" if you will and apologize. It's ok to be wrong at times. We are all in fact human and sometimes our emotions do get the best of us. Please for the sake of this franchise apologize. It happens and we get it. We will forgive you. I appreciate the fervor you have for this team and the success you want to see happen. We want that as well. I know that your business sense will help guide you in all your endevors. Regards.
Edited by ghdi

This girl was attacked

Come on, she wasn't attacked, you're being way too over dramatic.

How would it look if Lou was the one who attacked an opposing fan?

Lou would never do something like this, ever.

He shouldnt even have acknowledged her comment, but chose to do so in a low-brow way that made his entire franchise and fanbase look bad.

I agree 100%

Your whole stance is disgusting on this subject.

I disagree and again, way too over dramatic. His stance is his opinion and others do share the same thoughts. I also don't think that the Devils should have given her tickets because they should have just ignored this whole thing. I bet if someone went to Lou and explained the whole thing that he would have just said ignore it as well.

They are off. You come off like a sanctimonious prick with this crap.

This girl was attacked by someone who is supposed to be "above" that considering he represents the commercial aspect of a pro sports franchise, when he instigated it by blaming Devils fans for throwing rats on the ice and she offered her opinion, which on Twitter is perfectly justifiable if you have an open Twitter feed. How would it look if Lou was the one who attacked an opposing fan? So because the Devils offered her tickets its going to start a deluge of fan/front office wars? Yormark hasn't said a word since this story went national. Hes not brought it up and is not engaging anyone. The Devils did her right by offering her tickets after that sort of thing. They didnt have to and she didnt ask. Its called a kind gesture! Nothing more and nothing less. The fact that the Devils did that makes me proud of the franchise that they take care of their own. He represents the Panthers in a business respect. He shouldnt even have acknowledged her comment, but chose to do so in a low-brow way that made his entire franchise and fanbase look bad.

Your whole stance is disgusting on this subject and you're absolutely a minority in terms of the stance you're taking. The majority of people are taking her side. It has nothing to do with being a fan of any particular team. He attacked our fans for something we did not do considering its a Panthers "tradition" or whatever to throw rats. She called him an ass justifiably, because he was an ass when he went public with that blame.

Here's an open letter to Yormark from a Panthers fan, take a look at it from their perspective:

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2012/4/25/2974201/my-letter-to-mr-yormark

Again you are looking at this through a devils fan eyes. If she was a flyers fan doing the same thing to Dolan I doubt you would be supporting either in this case.

I think by majority you are just basing it off of here. Take a look in the comments in the puck daddy article. Most of the comments are saying that both acted bad, why is pick daddy writing about this non story, or that she shouldn't be rewarded with tickets.

Also it was pretty obvious she would get a ton of followers after this. I mean sheesh her handle was published for all to see so most probably followed her either as a goof or more likely out of sheer curiosity rather than to just support her (though I will admit there probably were a decent number who followed her to do just that)

Also if you have an open twitter feed does that justify being called childish and/ or ass? He responded like an idiot but again he just wrote a smart ass reply to a smart ass tweet.

I really wonder if she would have said to him in person what she tweeter him. Well all know from this board how easy it is to be an Internet tough guy.

Again and again, none of the parties here is on the right

Edited by DevsMan84

Lou would never do something like this, ever.

I agree 100%

I disagree and again, way too over dramatic. His stance is his opinion and others do share the same thoughts. I also don't think that the Devils should have given her tickets because they should have just ignored this whole thing. I bet if someone went to Lou and explained the whole thing that he would have just said ignore it as well.

Thank you as this is what I'm trying to say.

I'm sorry, having the head of a professional sports franchise tell someone that their opinion doesn't matter because of the amount of people that read what she has to say is an "attack". What word would better describe what was said to her?

The amount of support for this girl is strong with both fanbases. Perhaps the Devils should've ignored it, but the fact is they didn't, and I don't see a problem with them doing what they did. Who does it harm by the Devils giving her tickets?

Again you are looking at this through a devils fan eyes. If she was a flyers fan doing the same thing to Dolan I doubt you would be supporting either in this case.

I think by majority you are just basing it off of here. Take a look in the comments in the puck daddy article. Most of the comments are saying that both acted bad, why is pick daddy writing about this non story, or that she shouldn't be rewarded with tickets.

Also it was pretty obvious she would get a ton of followers after this. I mean sheesh her handle was published for all to see so most probably followed her either as a goof or more likely out of sheer curiosity rather than to just support her (though I will admit there probably were a decent number who followed her to do just that)

Also if you have an open twitter feed does that justify being called childish and/ or ass? He responded like an idiot but again he just wrote a smart ass reply to a smart ass tweet.

I really wonder if she would have said to him in person what she tweeter him. Well all know from this board how easy it is to be an Internet tough guy.

Again and again, none of the parties here is on the right

This really has nothing to do with who is right or wrong. The Devils made a nice gesture, your repeated stance of "oh I guess I should just flood twitter hoping to provoke a response to nab free tickets" is unfounded. Again you are totally ignoring how many Devil fans took Yorkman to task on twitter with no expectations or regrets about not getting tickets. There is no precedent, and there is nothing wrong with what the Devils did. Occasional reach outs like this to fans is a wonderful thing, you are fabricating an issue out of nothing.

She wasn't attacked, but she was singled out (amongst a few others) which is unusual for someone holding such a high title of an organization. Is it not also over dramatic to say that this "is a big deal" that the Devils reached out to her? Ok fine, you don't think the team should be meddling in minor affairs, but don't you think you and DM84 are amplifying the ramifications of it way out of proportion?

This really has nothing to do with who is right or wrong. The Devils made a nice gesture, your repeated stance of "oh I guess I should just flood twitter hoping to provoke a response to nab free tickets" is unfounded. Again you are totally ignoring how many Devil fans took Yorkman to task on twitter with no expectations or regrets about not getting tickets. There is no precedent, and there is nothing wrong with what the Devils did. Occasional reach outs like this to fans is a wonderful thing, you are fabricating an issue out of nothing.

The devils did not give her the tickets in the sense you think they did. she was given the tickets by an employee of the devils who is the social media head and devils generals boss. it wasnt vbk or ll who reached out to her. when the devils generals mission control thing started i bet they were dreaming of a day where they would run into a yormark type of person on twitter. they were having a field day with this.

ask yourself some valid questions. how many of those other devils fans who tweeted called yormark a name directly or indirectly? if so why did yormark single her out among thousands? why didnt the generals/mission control organize a meeting between her and yormark since they were in the same building which would have made for some good pr and showing that devils fans are the better people and hopefully make yormark look worse if he declined.

just because this site doesnt have a more vocal contingent questioning the devils social media providing for her, doesnt mean this isnt being questioned elsewhere. it isnt a reflection on la we all would have taken the tickets its trying to figure out why the devils social media not the team owner or team president felt the need to reward her.

la seems like a nice and genuine person. she certainly did not ask to be in this position even if it was her own doing. at least she admits to not being an angel which is more then i can say for alot of fans who would probably turn it into their 15 mins of fame on every media outlet and embarass the fanbase with stupidity.

Edited by hockey3893498

She wasn't attacked, but she was singled out (amongst a few others) which is unusual for someone holding such a high title of an organization. Is it not also over dramatic to say that this "is a big deal" that the Devils reached out to her? Ok fine, you don't think the team should be meddling in minor affairs, but don't you think you and DM84 are amplifying the ramifications of it way out of proportion?

I never said there would be any ramifications coming out of it. I think it's all stupid, just like twitter.

Edited by Satans Hockey

The extent to which some of you guys have debated this and continue to debate this is like 200 times more trivial than the original incident. She got free tickets two nights ago, there's about 300 articles, a firestorm of Twitter activity and even some brief 5PM evening news stories about this. All that said, New Jersey Devils MARKETING/P.R. actually did their job here.

Edited by DJ Eco

Please keep on the DL will explain later ... In shock

holy sh!t - LA - i had no idea you were here. i apologize for scooping this - figured you'd properly convey this w/ your new twitter following - i haven't seen it yet. you've gotta work the PR machine properly. this is a pretty closed knit community so i don't think Bruce Beck is gonna hear about this from NJDEVS.

And if he did that and she accepts..that's fine too. He obviously has looked bad in this whole thing, so he's doing the right thing here. Good to see on his part.

Sundstrom: Excellent sources. You beat Dreger with this breaking news by a full 5 minutes.

this one was really almost by accident. not at all related to other sources i've had for some stuff.