GDT: Flyers @ Devils (feat. My Little Poni)

Marshall

I'll say it right now: There's probably a 30% chance we make the playoffs this season. 6-1, 4-1, 5-1, 4-1. Playoff bound teams don't lose games by this much and this often.

59.6% chance, after this game.

Yea, Parise is correct. The Devils played OK, but the Flyers played better.

From Chere's twitter feed:

Clarkson: "I was going by and said something. I didn't say anything to the ref. I'm not sure what that (penalty) was about."

DeBoer on Clarkson: "We need him on the ice. That's something I'll discuss with him."

Oh let's point out that we had another awesome 3rd period too. This team is such a disappointment right now. They totally proved me wrong. I figured after that road trip they'd come back and really start playing like they want it, instead they get embarrassed by two of the top teams in the East. The sad thing is, they did out play these teams, and to still lose the way that they did really leads me to believe this team is in BIG trouble and certainly NOT heading in the right direction.

DeBoer: "You want to send a message. (It was) two teams ahead of us in the standings, an opportunity to really take a step. We didn't" - Yea..no sh!t Deboer.

Brodeur: "We’ve got to figure out something to get ourselves to play better against top teams.”

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Oh let's point out that we had another awesome 3rd period too. This team is such a disappointment right now. They totally proved me wrong. I figured after that road trip they'd come back and really start playing like they want it, instead they get embarrassed by two of the top teams in the East. The sad thing is, they did out play these teams, and to still lose the way that they did really leads me to believe this team is in BIG trouble and certainly NOT heading in the right direction.

DeBoer: "You want to send a message. (It was) two teams ahead of us in the standings, an opportunity to really take a step. We didn't" - Yea..no sh!t Deboer.

Brodeur: "We’ve got to figure out something to get ourselves to play better against top teams.”

I'm worried for your health dude. After a tough loss, if it stresses you out this much, go for a nice walk to cool off. This doesn't sound healthy.

By the way...anyone know how Briere got a concussion today?

Edited by devilsrule33

lol at Kovy:

Kovalchuk on Devils' 31 shots: “All the shots were from the outside and no screen. I can play goal and save them. "

Sad, but true.

And yea, wtf about Briere? how'd that happen?

After the Boston game I really thought hedberg was going to start this game. Not because of how Marty played last game as I thought he was fine against Boston, but just a change of pace and maybe spark the team a bit.

Plus I feel like moose has a better record than Marty against teams that are ahead of us in the standings. Anyone have stats to prove me right or wrong on this?

I'm worried for your health dude. After a tough loss, if it stresses you out this much, go for a nice walk to cool off. This doesn't sound healthy.

You're right dude I absolutely care way to much about this team and I don't know why. They're in debt and will be owned by the NHL after the finals. A lot to look forward to.

As much as it sucks losing these last two games, we still are only 10 points behind the Rangers in the conference.

Are we going to catch them? Probably not. But that's not the point. The point is we are still a pretty decent team. If we weren't, we wouldn't be seventh in the conference.

The Henrique hit on Talbot in the second period was AWESOME. And Patty going at it with Briere in the third was nice to see. If more players could play with the same snarl, yet remain just as composed as those two guys, it will help our game. I would love to see it.

Still plenty of games left to play. Don't fret. We are in it.

• Like 1

Yeah the flyers really don't impress me. We outplayed them 80% of the game but they were extremely opportunistic. Not blaming brodeur, but it sucks he doesn't steal games anymore. Figures that the one good game bryz plays is against us.

Anyway, I was at the game so its tough to make player observations, but man does foster suck. The first goal was all him

Seriously. The over-reaction to losses is getting a bit ridiculous around here (and, frankly, part of the reason why I don't post nearly as much as I used to - there's no talking to some newer folk). This isn't football, one win or one loss does not equate to a major portion of the season. Two losses to two of the best teams in the East, in which we were right in the majority of the game, does not equal "blow up the team, fire Lou, trade everyone." It means that this team is still in games against the best in the league in January, with plenty of time to figure it out.

I am confident this team is making the playoffs, and perhaps even making some noise once there.

• Like 3

It may have been this, no way to know. After Volchenkov was hit from behind by Hartnell he spent the 3rd period looking to crush people. He got Briere along the boards with about a minute left in the 3rd. Danny was coming across the blueline and Anton didnt let up an ounce.

Seriously. The over-reaction to losses is getting a bit ridiculous around here (and, frankly, part of the reason why I don't post nearly as much as I used to - there's no talking to some newer folk). This isn't football, one win or one loss does not equate to a major portion of the season. Two losses to two of the best teams in the East, in which we were right in the majority of the game, does not equal "blow up the team, fire Lou, trade everyone." It means that this team is still in games against the best in the league in January, with plenty of time to figure it out.

I am confident this team is making the playoffs, and perhaps even making some noise once there.

I'm not as confidence on the making noise in the playoffs part, but you are spot on about the reactions of some people after a loss. It's down right emo. This team is what it is.

QFT

I have to add I agree here as well.

We win this game 1-0 if not for Foster and special teams. Foster just flat-out sucks and the first goal was all his fault. He left his man all alone in the slot, the man who received the pass from behind the net and put it in. I don't want to hear how Foster helps the PP because his d-zone coverage is so bad that it outdoes any positive effect he has on the team. Speaking of the PP, that sucked today along with our penalty kill. When you lose the special teams battle 2-0, you usually don't win games. Take out Foster's sh!tty play and the PP goals and the Devils are up 1-0.