Rags keep winning

Blown01NJ

They're shooting at 11% as a team and are getting unbelievable goaltending while letting up a lot of shots every game. Their stats are unsustainable. Will they last? Anything is possible, but you're not seeing the results of a team playing at NHL norms and doing well. Instead, you're seeing an NHL team that is playing and taking advantage of a very fortuitous time for them.

They're shooting at 11% as a team and are getting unbelievable goaltending while letting up a lot of shots every game. Their stats are unsustainable. Will they last? Anything is possible, but you're not seeing the results of a team playing at NHL norms and doing well. Instead, you're seeing an NHL team that is playing and taking advantage of a very fortuitous time for them.

Gaborik now has 15 goals.

They are in the middle of a 6-1 rout of the Panthers, a team that embarrassed us.

I hope so.....but I dont really remember them being this good

They have alot more depth then they've ever had.

And they can get better, which migh tbe the scary part. They'll have depth to make a move and cap space.

No one expected them to be this good, but they do alot of things well and they do not beat themselves. When was the last time they really weren't in a game?

I hope so.....but I dont really remember them being this good

Oh comeon. Aside from the fact that they are shooting at 11% (will be higher after today), their goaltending is at .930 for the season right now (also higher after today). Do you realize how much of a statistical anomaly both those numbers are over a full season? They are not "this good". They are simply "this hot right now".

Edited by Amberite

Oh comeon. Aside from the fact that they are shooting at 11%, their goaltending is at .930 for the season right now. Do you realize how much of a statistical anomaly both those numbers are over a full season? They are not "this good". They are simply "this hot right now".

Yep, that's the same thing you said 10 games ago or so and here they are still just just chuggling along....

It's a good team. It's only December, but they are making people take notice. That's why hockey is played on the ice, not on paper.

Yep, that's the same thing you said 10 games ago or so and here they are still just just chuggling along....

It's a good team. It's only December, but they are making people take notice. That's why hockey is played on the ice, not on paper.

Right, because teams can't get hot for more than 10, 20, or even 40 games. Not even the Devils during the 2nd half of last year...

And they can get better, which migh tbe the scary part. They'll have depth to make a move and cap space.

No one expected them to be this good, but they do alot of things well and they do not beat themselves. When was the last time they really weren't in a game?

I can only think of the game against the Habs in Montreal a 4-0 wash out, but thats the only game I remember them not being in.

Right, because teams can't get hot for more than 10, 20, or even 40 games. Not even the Devils during the 2nd half of last year...

All i am asking is stop looking at stats all the damn time trying to justify what a team should not or should be doing. This goes for the other dataheads here. Just watch the games. I don't care what their shooting % is, their save %, they're % of anything. They are winning games, playing well and through 27 games look like they have a legit shot at doing something. There's enough reasons why they are where they are that picking apart shooting percentages really isn't something to hang a hat on.

Not to mention they still haven't had their best d-man in the lineup yet, people seem to gloss over that fact, usually the same ones complaining that we haven't had Zajac. Good teams overcome their losses, the way we used to.

Plus they added Richards to what was a playoff team last year.

Hate them as we do...they are playing good soild hockey...getting goal's from every line.Hoping the wheels fall off soon,but they seem to be getting better game by game....they are doing what we wish our team could do...building up points...I remenber when we owned them..wasn't that long ago.

Rags are good, definitely better than us.

it sucks to admit but true.

more stable franchise, resources out the ass.

how sather conned MTL to take Gomez is beyond me.

then you look at us.

Franchise is broke

We can't draw a decent crowd for sh!t.

No plan for LAB (life after Brodeur).

ZP might be leaving.

We aren't even spending up to cap.

Finally, with Rags, Pens, Caps and Flyers in new division it;s gonna be VERY hard to make playoffs.

hate to be doom and gloom but this is our new reality.

Rags are good, definitely better than us.

it sucks to admit but true.

more stable franchise, resources out the ass.

how sather conned MTL to take Gomez is beyond me.

then you look at us.

Franchise is broke

We can't draw a decent crowd for sh!t.

No plan for LAB (life after Brodeur).

ZP might be leaving.

We aren't even spending up to cap.

Finally, with Rags, Pens, Caps and Flyers in new division it;s gonna be VERY hard to make playoffs.

hate to be doom and gloom but this is our new reality.

I work on Jets gamedays and happen to run into a bunch of Habs fans attending the Jets game today after the Devils game last night. They said the bars in Montreal are offering free shots next time he scores a goal

As to your second section, this could be why Lou seemed to night like the new alignment