GDT: Devils vs Rangers 3/6/12

snartly

And I know I say this a lot, but the man who owes Henrik Lundqvist the most is Brad Richards. No one is talking about what a rotten season he is having. The games I watch, he is having so little impact on them.

This is true in principle, but any season spent going 5-hole on Olivia Munn qualifies as a career year in my book.

I had an interesting altercation with a Rags fan behind me last night. On our PP, Kovy lost the puck at the blueline and this guy starts clapping and screaming "14 MORE YEARS ON THAT CONTRACT, HAVE FUN WITH IT". Im not here to debate contract lengths and caphits at this point, so I calmly tell him to STFU and mention "Kovy would be the best player on your team too". I realized at that moment I said something dumb. You could easily argue that Gaborik or the Queen are better than Kovy, with no real winner to that argument necessarily.

But, being a moron Rangers fan, he let me win by shouting back "Uhhh, ever heard of Ryan Callahan?". I was with a good friend (Rangers fan) who turned around and gave this guy the most incredulous look ever and I promptly flipped out on him for knowing nothing about hockey, and for being generally douchey. He was silent for the rest of the game.

now were getting carried away here lol

say what you will its a great soundtrack good movie too, i knew one of the kids who was a producer from nj

i had a guy tell me to sit down during score-o i say no and there was a stand off, then they left early and i was sure they were waiting for me, then i walk out of the rock with beer in hand and yell at a horse cop, "We Want The Cup!" hahah

the best moment of the game for me was watching clarkson go for wrap around, gets rebound, shoots and Queen makes glove save, then gets ANOTHER rebound and shoots it off the pipe. HAHA that was a great.

o what a terrific play that was.. showed the great skills of both players

He had that one pass on the pp that Stepan shoved right into the post. But yeah, that contract is hilariously bad

I have to give Salvador credit where it's due. He directed Stepan's shot into the post with his skate. That goal could have completely changed the game. I say save of the game goes to Salvador. :evil:

I'm not talking about their heyhey chant the fans do. The arena played a really upbeat song (sounded like the offspring) and they played it in the december game too. Usually the organ guy plays a little gloomy thing after a goal.

They blast that song to drown their fans out.

And yeah, they won 4-1, but imagine how well they would've done with Hedberg in net.

you're on fire with these.

speaking of fun w/ rangers fans at the game. just as the game is starting, some rangers fan behind me is going - "nice job with kovalchuk - you're paying that guy $85 million for nothing." so kovy scores and i turn to the guy and go "no, no, no, we're paying him $100 million - it's for stuff like that".

i was channeling axel foley from beverly hills cop II when his boss reminds him that the ferrari the department loaned him costs $50k and foley responds, "no no no, it's $72k - that's italian leather in it".

In fairness, Lundqvist didn't really look soft...

I still don't know how he stopped that play on the PP that Kovalchuk had two solid chances at. I mean, the passing on that play was something that was out of this world.

Considering how bad their passing was on Saturday, to see that just completely blew my mind.

My eyes couldn't catch up with the passes so lord only knows how the Queen saw them with bodies in front.

That would have been an epic PP goal but the Queen made two really solid saves.

Brodeur certainly matched him though. I was wrong wanting to start Moose but I was just going by the W-L #'s in the pervious 5 games.

I also think Clarkson has gotten better as a player. He's not going to score 30 goals again, probably, but 20? I could see that. He's not making as many dumb plays, it seems. He's not toe-dragging every time, or going for a wraparound every time.

Definitely! I have to think deboer got to him. There is a difference to him over these last 3 games. his "shifty" board work had previously gone to waste with a head down pass to no where or a force clarkaround. but now he seems to feel some passing space and is getting good passes off to the point or slot. it's been brief, but hopefully it continues and he rounds into a good, versatile, hockey player its like his head is starting to catch up to his skill set

in case your 20 something and dont know what real music sound like, early offspring is good, not what they turned into, this one came out before you were born.

this one should not be a "goal"song ahem to special to me

the guy @2:50 on the mic is not in the band lol

I think they play Pennywise at the Cryers games after a goal. I think a lot of California teams do it too.

Pretty sweet song.

I also think Clarkson has gotten better as a player. He's not going to score 30 goals again, probably, but 20? I could see that. He's not making as many dumb plays, it seems. He's not toe-dragging every time, or going for a wraparound every time.

And I know I say this a lot, but the man who owes Henrik Lundqvist the most is Brad Richards. No one is talking about what a rotten season he is having. The games I watch, he is having so little impact on them.

A Rags fan behind me last night: "Come on Richards! There ya go! Carry the puck into the offensive zone ya f@g!'

I thought it was hilarious. Didn't realize that he was receiving hate.

nj.com: Lundqvist stumbles in loss to Devils

The Rangers, though, did not search for answers why. Watching the way the Devils offense bolted past them, hungry for a shot at the stingy goalie, was obvious enough.

“They hated us tonight,” center Brian Boyle said. “They wanted to kill us.”

Added Kovalchuk, who was pleased with the amount of “traffic” the Devils caused in front of Lundqvist: “This was a good statement.”

Edited by Legion15

It boggles my mind that Rangers fans feel they can heckle other teams for big contracts. Aside from their long and storied history of overpaying for underperformers, they just signed Richards for 10 years at the same cap hit as Kovalchuk. Yet Kovalchuk is scoring at a 1.05PPG while Richards is at 0.69PPG. Sometimes I feel that 90% of their fans don't really understand anything about their team other than they are in New York so they should cheer them.

Edited by Amberite

If you're ever in Chicago, The Boundary in Ukrainian Village did us well last night. They've got Center Ice, good looking bartenders, excellent chicken fingers and they were playing Ted Leo. Also, we won, so they're probs 1-0 when Devils fans are there haha.

It boggles my mind that Rangers fans feel they can heckle other teams for big contracts. Aside from their long and storied history of overpaying for underperformers, they just signed Richards for 10 years at the same cap hit as Kovalchuk. Yet Kovalchuk is scoring at a 1.05PPG while Richards is at 0.69PPG. Sometimes I feel that 90% of their fans don't really understand anything about their team other than they are in New York so they should cheer them.

A lot of Rags fans are only Rags fans - they're not hockey fans, as it were. Rags not playing = no way in hell do they watch the game. Same thing goes for Flyers fans as well. The season is over when their team is eliminated, and no other teams matter.

KatieStrang

"So, Dubinsky left game w/ hand injury, but team now sayig it was his nose that kept him off ice today"

Someone punched him in the nose, and his hand got injured. That was one of my favorite jokes in grammar school :)

Edited by jim777