Kovy will play with KHL’s SKA

msweet

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/kovalchuk_to_sign_with_khls_ska_st._petersburg_tuesday/

SKA St. Petersburg of Russia’s Kontinental Hockey League announced on its website today that Devils right wing Ilya Kovalchuk will sign with the team Tuesday. The team plans to make the official announcement of the signing at a Tuesday news conference.

Kovalchuk, 29, would sign a contract that would allow him to return to the Devils when the NHL lockout is over. SKA St. Petersburg tried to lure Kovalchuk to the KHL when he became an NHL unrestricted free agent in 2010 before he re-signed with the Devils.

This team was one of the rumored teams to be playing at Barclay Center in Brooklyn in January!!!

EDIT: Just read confirmation.

"The KHL released their 2012-2013 calendar and slated two days in January for their overseas trip. KHL's Vice President Vladimir Shalaev told Sovetsky Sport the two regular season games will be held on January 19 and 20. Dynamo Moscow and SKA St. Petersburg will be the teams representing the KHL." At least I can watch Kovy twice in person this season!

Edited by ThreeCups

My brother is playing nhl13 right now. He said he played against minnesota and parise scored on him. Then he said "parise is so good in this game its rediculous. He's like a cheat code"

My brother is playing nhl13 right now. He said he played against minnesota and parise scored on him. Then he said "parise is so good in this game its rediculous. He's like a cheat code"