#921 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

Stephanie sent the text.

Shawn Michaels is too busy killing animals for sport and going to church to be involved with any wrasslin shenanigans.

I think the beginning of CM Punk as this anti-hero was brilliantly done, but bringing Nash in and hotshotting to the match with Mr. H's is lame and depressing. They brought CM Punk down a notch for no reason once he was re-signed. Let that sonofabitch get what he can get. I think they were worried about inadvertently turning Cena heel.

That said, the show itself is infinitely more entertaining. R Truth is awesome in his current role and guys like Orton and Christian just keep putting on amazing matches.

Did they waste the CM Punk angle?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#922 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Did they waste the CM Punk angle?

Seems it, though they are SAYING they are prepping for 2012 to be the year of Punk....hopefully he gets a big match at Mania (only two people who make sense are Austin or Jericho)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#923 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:51 AM

Too bad, as they temper and position for down the road all the momentum will seem so contrived.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#924 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

I want The Rock to come to Prudential Center for a WWE event just to hear him say, "Finally, The Rock has come back to The Rock."

#925 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Source: ESPN

ESPN's E:60 will be doing a special on Scott Hall this week, and have published an article about Hall. Here is the excerpt with Stephanie McMahon, discussing the money they have spent on Hall's rehab:

Stephanie McMahon, World Wrestling Entertainment's executive vice president of creative development and operations, said WWE has sent Hall to rehab multiple times and spent "in the six figures" on efforts to help him get sober.
"It's the most amount of money we've spent on anyone," she said. "I just want Scott to get help and to decide for himself that he needs help. It makes me sad. I don't want anybody to pass away prematurely or otherwise really. Scott was an incredibly talented performer, larger than life, charismatic. He's a father, he's a friend. I'm sure he means a lot to a lot of people and it would be a shame for him to pass away."

Need to find out when this is airing.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#926 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

Did anyone catch the Scott Hall segment on E:60? Wow.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#927 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

HAHA! Come on! 10 minutes and doesn't say anything??? SO glad to have him back...makes me want to watch RAW next week.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#928 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

HAHA! Come on! 10 minutes and doesn't say anything??? SO glad to have him back...makes me want to watch RAW next week.

It was actually PERFECT....I'm gonna let you fools cheer and bask in me all night, and now I'm gonna kick you in the nuts next week (or after he wins the Royal Rumble), it was BRILLIANT

.....and personally I thought with all the lights on his jacket speaking into a live mike might have caused a chain reaction that would take down the building and orbiting space station in the process :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#929 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

Discuss.

n2eg.jpg

#930 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

This may be met with ridicule.... but I have to admit it. I totally marked out for the Funkasaurus.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#931 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Was posted earlier in this thread, but this is a diff version. Sounds like he's having some sort of a fit.

And count me in on being thrilled Jericho is back and is 100% JeriTROLL.

#932 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

The past 2 days have given us the returns of the Undertaker, the Rock, HBK, Edge & Ric Flair (via HOF) and now.. Brock Lesnar to WWE TV. But really when you look back at the past year, you'll see the returns of Kane, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, and Bret Hart (sprinkle in the sporadic appearances of Hot Rod, DDP, Goldust, etc) just to name a few.
Now couple all this with the usual staples; Cena, Orton, HHH, Sheamus, Punk, Show, Henry, Khali.. in conjunction with the talent that's "right there" closing in on Top-Spot status.. ie; Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Wade Barrett, Zach Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del`Rio, Jack Swagger, Miz, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Ted DiBiase Jr. and probably a few others I'm forgetting. (not to mention the rumored returns of Rey Mysterio & Batista)

..is this the deepest WWE roster we've ever seen? :noclue:

Edited by Beezer34, 03 April 2012 - 12:36 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#933 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

The past 2 days have given us the returns of the Undertaker, the Rock, HBK, Edge & Ric Flair (via HOF) and now.. Brock Lesnar to WWE TV. But really when you look back at the past year, you'll see the returns of Kane, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, and Bret Hart (sprinkle in the sporadic appearances of Hot Rod, DDP, Goldust, etc) just to name a few.
Now couple all this with the usual staples; Cena, Orton, HHH, Sheamus, Punk, Show, Henry, Khali.. in conjunction with the talent that's "right there" closing in on Top-Spot status.. ie; Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Wade Barrett, Zach Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del`Rio, Jack Swagger, Miz, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Ted DiBiase Jr. and probably a few others I'm forgetting. (not to mention the rumored returns of Rey Mysterio & Batista)

The bolded statement's true, although some of those names thrown up there are just filler, since Hart, Flair, Edge, and HBK will never wrestle again (never say never on interviewing, but Flair is under TNA contract, and the other three have either been there done that or don't want to be on the road), Nash is probably done with the E for a while, Steve Austin may have one good match left, Khali is a spaceholder at best, and calling R-Truth and Ted DiBiase Jr "right there" is laughable.

But the point still holds...and you didn't even include the impending arrival or coming into form of Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero), Ryback The Terminator, Husky Harris (reborn in some creepy religious schtick), Brodus Clay, and Lord Tensai (A-Train). You really do have a deep roster capable of wrestling and carrying a story all at the same time.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 03 April 2012 - 08:54 AM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#934 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

I think it's quite the opposite, they brought back the Rock and Brock Lesnar because this is one of the weakest rosters we have ever seen. Half the guys you mentioned are either done wrestling or wrestle once in a blue moon. They know they have a problem with not having anyone who is ready to be pushed into main event status. CM Punk, Cena and Orton are the only guys on the full time roster right now who sell anything and are able to get into the main event and Orton has been a bit stale over the last year. Guys who come in here and there like Jericho, HHH and Taker just prove that these other guys aren't ready to take a top spott yet. All the mid-card guys you listed haven't shown that they can take the main spot in this company. Look at miz, they gave him a shot and it really didn't work cause the interest just wasn't there.

It's going to be very interesting in the next 3 years when a lot of the current top roster guys start to get older and are about to move on.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 03 April 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#935 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#936 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

To me the deepest modern era roster was that of the early 2000's when Flair, Steiner, HHH, Taker, Rock, Austin, Hogan, Nash...etc were all on the bill.

n2eg.jpg

#937 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Velvet<3

#938 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

To me the deepest modern era roster was that of the early 2000's when Flair, Steiner, HHH, Taker, Rock, Austin, Hogan, Nash...etc were all on the bill.

..not to forget that; Goldberg, Hall, Brock, Angle, Hardy, Benoit, Henning, Jericho, Kane, Booker, HBK, Foley, Goldust, Rikishi, Mysterio, Guerrero, DDP, Cena, Batista, Orton, Big Show, and the Dudley Boys were all on the 2003 roster too.
Good call. :thumbsup:

-------------------------------
EDIT: I almost forgot the best thing of that year.. the Road Warriors!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoaFBiPddHo

Edited by Beezer34, 13 April 2012 - 11:55 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#939 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

This is a really generous post.

No, its not the deepest. The deepest would be when Austin, Rock, HHH, Taker, the 3 tag teams (E&C, Hardyz, Dudleys), and Jericho were all at the top of their game and there all the time. I'd say around late 98-02. HHH was literally the best heel in the business at that time. Those guys could run the show and no one would've cared if they didnt get to see Scotty 2 Hotty. What I see now are 2-3 regulars (Cena, Punk, and Orton) who can sell out a building by themselves in certain locations. One of those 3 is a guy that the majority of the male fanbase hates. One is what I would call a "niche" superstar (Punk) who isn't universally popular, and the other (Orton) is a guy who probably would barely get out of the midcard in the late 90s. The rest of the roster I see as capable hands for the most part, but no one would care if any of them weren't on TV the next week. What we have now (besides the established guys) is a bunch of "superstars" who fill a role. There are no breakout stars that can be seen on the horizon at this moment.

Right now reminds me of WWE circa 95-98. Right before Attitude really broke. That doesn't mean we're going to get another break out like that, but it reminds me of the business. Arguably 96-98 the main WWE guys were HBK and Bret, and to a lesser extent, Kevin Nash as Diesel. None of those guys amounted to much of anything outside of wrestling and WWE was essentially in the pits.

As for your original point, I'd say that right now from top to bottom in terms of just in-ring talent is at a high, but deepest ever? Man, there was a time when places like Georgia Championship Wrestling and mid-80s WWF had a plethora of guys that are current hall of famers all over the roster in every level of the card. I think there is a limitation in naming now "deepest". They have a bunch of good utility players, but not the guy thats going to regularly put butts in the seats/pop a buyrate unless they bring back a guy (i.e. Rock) who has proven capable of doing it.

I also would say that I think the WWE has their heads up their asses in certain respects, but the WWE needs stars. They need them bad if their stock situation is any indication. Thats why Lesnar and Rock are being brought in.

#940 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Im just gonna put this right here

http://bit.ly/IfyCly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users