Battlestar

El Diablo

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A fantabulous series finale. Questions answered. Finally we learn what Kara is. I watched it twice and I plan on recording it from OnDemand. CGI was quite impressive. I am going to miss BSG. :(

There will be a movie, The Plan, which will be the build up, I think, to Caprica. :)

A fantabulous series finale. Questions answered. Finally we learn what Kara is. I watched it twice and I plan on recording it from OnDemand. CGI was quite impressive. I am going to miss BSG. :(

There will be a movie, The Plan, which will be the build up, I think, to Caprica. :)

Loved it. Poor Lee. Maybe he can hook up with one of the natives. heh.

• 6 months later...

Well 2 or 3 reasons to bump this thread.

Caprica has been out for a while. I didn't think it was too bad, I'd check out an actual series of it. It looks like that beings January 22nd, so not too far off now.

The Plan comes out on the 27th.

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/102/1024682p1.html

Seems a little pricey to me...now I would never do this but it seems like a bootleg to me at those prices.

Maxim is having a little Cylon on the cover action for it:

http://stars.ign.com/articles/103/1034764p1.html

battlestar-galactica-the-plan-20091013034927860-000.jpg

I hope they've been ridiculously airbrushed in the photo or else get them to some place with horribly high calorie food stat

• 1 year later...

I know i'm bumping a dead thread, but whatever :P

I just spent the last 4.5 months watching all the shows on DVD (and lurking on this thread as I watched episodes).... and WOW... I gotta admit I've never gotten as emotionally involved in a TV like this one (the closest was the Shield but that was all intensity, not like this show)

Was Caprica worth the buy?? I'm probably going to anyway, I don't know how I'm gonna do my exercise bike without new shows....hell maybe I should start it over, since I get the feeling the experience will be better now that I KNOW everything.....I wholly admit I was wrong on passing on this show when it first aired, yay for the miracle of DVD!

Who knew the key to the universe was a Jimi Hendrix song??? :lol:

I saw a cheap deal on the whole Farscape series too.... maybe that's next!

... what do you hear crasher?

good for you -- battlestar was a landmark series and the ride was enjoyable, caprica not so much BUT .. theres another battlestar series in the horizon ...

Nothin but the rain sir......

I've had all along the watchtower in my head for like a week (it did help that this song had such an epic scene in Watchmen too!)

Really?? Another??? Damn that perked me up... I have to admit I'm curious about two parts of their history... the Cylon war part one and the journey of the final 5 back, and I'd be all-in on either one!

Edited by CRASHER

... what do you hear crasher?

good for you -- battlestar was a landmark series and the ride was enjoyable, caprica not so much BUT .. theres another battlestar series in the horizon ...

Another one? A reboot or something?

Did you get my message on FB?

Another one? A reboot or something?

From the Wiki page (via facebook).... and I QUOTE:

On July 24, 2009, Edward James Olmos stated that The Plan will not be the last BSG reimagined movie.

Blood & Chrome

Main article: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome is an upcoming pilot based on the television series Battlestar Galactica. Thanks to the highly acclaimed response to both Battlestar Galactica and its spinoff Caprica, Syfy approached show runner Ronald D. Moore to produce another spinoff set in the reimagined Battlestar Galactica universe. The spinoff, as announced on October 22, 2010, will unfold as a two-hour pilot that will focus on William "Husker" Adama during the Great Cylon War (as was glimpsed in "BSG: Razor" and the corresponding webisodes). This would place the action between "Caprica" and "BSG". No release date has been announced and it is unknown if the actor who portrayed Husker in the "Razor" webisodes (Nico Cortez) will reprise his role. The pilot could be a backdoor for yet another series in the BSG universe.

Syfy has greenlit the two-hour pilot of Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

• 1 month later...

Bumping the thread cause I just finished Caprica... and while it was WAY too slow a build and kinda boring at first I'm glad I muddled through it.... it got WAY better at the end.... and in all ironies the best shows were the 5 that never aired cause the show was canceled, I know they stuck that montage in to bridge the gap, but once they FINALLY got the pieces in place it did get interesting enough.... oh well.... irony indeed....

anyone else see the unaired episodes?

I didnt enjoy it as much -- hopefully Blood and Chrome gets grenlit and its different

I agree, but did you see the unaired episodes?? I think they kinda GOT IT then but it was too late......

And I DID laugh my ass off at the guy who signs the Canucks National Anthem being the guy who sang the Caprican one for the C-Bucks game in the Finale... was a nice hockey touch for me :lol:

(plus seeing the Cylons save the day was bad-ass!)

• 2 weeks later...

I was rummaging around and I found this on the interwebs this morning......

http://io9.com/5744115/this-is-the-face-of-battlestar-galacticas-new-william-adama

Least they're casting people and from what I saw from Razor I'm very curious to see how they handle this show (and what they learned from the mistakes in going too slow in Caprica :P)

adama loks kinda gay...

"not that theres anything wrong wit that"

It's hard to judge from a still-pic.....it's a shame they couldn't get the kid who played him in Razor.....I'm just glad they are making steps to this show happening... the taste I got in Razor did make me want more......

Hey it can't be any worse then how they killed him in Caprica, to bring him back by "naming the next son in honor of the one who just died",,,, was crappy re-writing for making the kid so worthless in the first place.....it was maybe the most annoying thing about that series (even more so cause in the re-Caprica preview they admitted that lil Willie was supposed to grow up to be "big Bill" :rant:

• 4 weeks later...