9 replies to this topic

#1 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Does anyone know what Jon Merril did that caused him to sit out until January serving a suspension for breaking a team rule at University of Michigan?

If no, it is amazing that this was kept from the press, no leaks.

#2 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Does anyone know what Jon Merril did that caused him to sit out until January serving a suspension for breaking a team rule at University of Michigan?

If no, it is amazing that this was kept from the press, no leaks.

No one knows.

But he's been doing well since.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#3 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

But he's been doing well since.

He had 2 goals and 9 assists in 18 games.

#4 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

fwiw...I heard (from a Devils source who speaks to Lou from time to time) that he got into a fight while drunk at a party...no charges filed or anything.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

He had 2 goals and 9 assists in 18 games.

I hope you didnt post this as being a bad thing. As a team they're 7-0 when he gets a point and 13-4 since he's returned. His impact is undeniable.

#6 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

fwiw...I heard (from a Devils source who speaks to Lou from time to time) that he got into a fight while drunk at a party...no charges filed or anything.

thats the 1st time ive heard a reason
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#7 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Well damn..if that's the reason...I hope he won that fight :burn:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#8 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

I hope you didnt post this as being a bad thing. As a team they're 7-0 when he gets a point and 13-4 since he's returned. His impact is undeniable.

Posted as a fact without evaluation. I am hoping he comes to the Devils. My original question was to see if anyone knew anything because I know Lou doesn't like problems.

#9 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Back in my parents day it would have been the drinking that would get you suspended from a team sport at UofM. I'd guess that was the larger of the two offenses.

I'm here for the party

#10 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Back in my parents day it would have been the drinking that would get you suspended from a team sport at UofM. I'd guess that was the larger of the two offenses.

Red Berenson is even more old-school than Lou, so it very well could have been the drinking that got him suspended, the fight simply being extra.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users